Diode Dynamics Website Hacked - credit cards stolen

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
My AMEX card was used in Panama last week and canceled. AMEX said my card data was stolen.
Today I received an email from Diode Dynamics:

Jeep Wrangler JL Diode Dynamics Website Hacked - credit cards stolen Capture.JPG
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

My AMEX card was used in Panama last week and canceled. AMEX said my card data was stolen.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diode Dynamics Website Hacked - credit cards stolen Capture.JPG
Damn, bummer man

Bumping for visibility, hopefully others can cancel their cards before any damage

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro

How does Amex work?

On the Discover we use for basically everything in lieu of checks, the app pings literally seconds after a charge is made and there is a freeze function in the event you need to stop the card from working.

I know those are for their benefit, but I really like it anyway.

OP
OP
engineXI

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
How does Amex work?

On the Discover we use for basically everything in lieu of checks, the app pings literally seconds after a charge is made and there is a freeze function in the event you need to stop the card from working.

I know those are for their benefit, but I really like it anyway.
I think its a bit more freeflow, but maybe the way you have it set is an option. Basically tho, they contacted me and said my card was stolen online and canceled it shipped a new one same day.
More than that tho, my address and phone is out there...i suppose it already was or something.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I think its a bit more freeflow, but maybe the way you have it set is an option. Basically tho, they contacted me and said my card was stolen online and canceled it shipped a new one same day.
More than that tho, my address and phone is out there...i suppose it already was or something.
Yeah, all our stuff is out there somewhere.

Once we received a $600 charge from Forever21 on our card. It was fraudulent and Discover killed our cards and we had the new cards the next day.

Until April of 2022 you can still pull for free, all 3 of your credit reports, once a week. You might keep an eye on them for a bit.

Sponsored

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
I could have possibly been apart of this too, no way to know for sure, my card was just replaced because of use in Maryland. I only know the last time I visited Maryland I wasn't old enough to have credit...

Ill will gladly order from Diode again, I don't need anymore lights but the new stuff is totally calling my name!

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
Damn. You made me go check where I bought the switchback LED's I installed a few weeks ago. Thankfully I didn't buy direct from DD

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
No big deal really... can/could happen every time/anywhere you use a Credit Card.

Happens lots...

Credit Card holder will lose no $ .... will get a new card.... and move on to the next time it happens.

Wise man/woman should always/routinely monitor their Credit Reports.... even if they have no knowledge of this / or similar happening to them.

Also, though you have some protection with Debit Cards...... don't use them... always use a Credit Card..

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
The email says hackers injected the code into their website and then blames it in a Google analytics script.

Sounds like a B.S. story. They loaded an infected script themselves without realising it.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
At this point I just assume my info is out there for whoever tries hard enough to get it.

The best thing you can do these days is use unique, strong passwords for all of your sensitive accounts, including email. If people gain access to your email they can reset passwords and lock you out of your accounts. Use 2 factor authentication whenever available.

Most credit card apps will also let you set alerts to notify you any time your card is used for purchases over an amount you specify.

Also freeze your credit with the 3 major bureaus. It’s very easy to do online and temporarily lifting a freeze to apply for new credit takes only a few minutes. It’s saved a few accounts from being opened in my name.

And of course, never use a debit card if at all possible.
Sponsored

Last edited: