Sponsored

Diode Dynamics Video: How to Install 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Switchback Turn Signal LEDs

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
XP80s do work. That's actually my Sahara on DD website with the 80s.
Did you send the video to them or did you take it in to be worked on and photographed? I have been talking to DD over the past month or so and they haven't been able to get another Sahara or Rubicon to test on.
Sponsored

Cledus601

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Did you send the video to them or did you take it in to be worked on and photographed? I have been talking to DD over the past month or so and they haven't been able to get another Sahara or Rubicon to test on.
I sent the pictures to them.

Ralph2018JL

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used some double sided gorilla on the bottoms and stuck it to that pinch weld up there above the braket. It is tight but its in there.

20180618_170959.png

20180618_171017.png
Did you have to remove the inner fender to gain that much access? Thanks!

Sponsored

Cledus601

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I didnt completely remove the inner fender. I took the forward half loose and folded it down. It is quite pliable.

Ralph2018JL

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didnt completely remove the inner fender. I took the forward half loose and folded it down. It is quite pliable.
Thanks, before I realized I could do the same, I was under the wrong assumption that the rivets around the edge of the fender flare held the liner in.

Cledus601

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Thanks, before I realized I could do the same, I was under the wrong assumption that the rivets around the edge of the fender flare held the liner in.
There are a couple bolts and washers and then the little push clip button deals if I remember correctly

salvadorsantana

First Name
SS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2017 JK
So I bought this kit and Im getting hyperflashing on my dash board but not outside. Is this normal? I have an Sport S.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Yes I did. I bought their $70 kit that includes the 7443 pair of bulbs and resistors. Wired resistors to white/green and black cables. Just got it on video (sorry about vertical recording) :whew:

Nope, not normal. May need to reset things.

Cledus601

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Can you get to the resistor? Verify you have a good connection. Touch it while the blinker is on, they get pretty hot fairly quick. My first guess would be that there isn't a solid connection.

salvadorsantana

First Name
SS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2017 JK
Can you get to the resistor? Verify you have a good connection. Touch it while the blinker is on, they get pretty hot fairly quick. My first guess would be that there isn't a solid connection.
PROBLEM SOLVED...

I went back onto Diode Dynamics Youtube video and watch it over and over to see if I had missed something.

Then starting to look on Youtube for other "resistors installs" and one thing that I noticed was that everyone was using the pliers to secure the quick splice directly onto the blade and not on top of the "cap" of the quick splice as the guy on the Diode Dynamic showed on their video.

So I went back to try squeezing one more time the quick splice directly onto the blade firmly and BOOM now the hyperflashing on the dashboard is gone. Flashing rate is normal inside and outside.

RIGHT WAY TO SQUEEZE QUICK SPLICE

IMG-8419.jpg

WRONG WAY TO SQUEEZE QUICK SPLICE

IMG-8420.jpg
Sponsored