Sponsored

Diode Dynamics Video: How to Install 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Switchback Turn Signal LEDs

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
blue1_600x115.gif

Jeep JL Wrangler Switchback Turn Signal LEDs

With this kit, you can convert the front end of your 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler to an all-LED, cool white modern appearance. This kit fits Sport models, and trim levels not equipped with the LED Lighting Package.

At Diode Dynamics, we carry a full line of LED bulb replacements, including these unique dual-color switchback LEDs! Our HP24 is a unique design, and the brightest available on the market, designed by our engineering team in St. Louis, Missouri.

18_Jeep_JL_Wrangler_FrontTurn_collage.jpg

Click to order or for more information:

Diode Dynamics: Switchback Turn Signal LEDs for 2018+ Jeep JL Wrangler

Diode Dynamics: Front Turn Signal LEDs for 2018+ Jeep JL Wrangler

Bulb Design:

HP11: Four side-firing 1.5W-rated Osram LED chips, and one 5W-rated LED chip on top, which is projected by a lens for maximum effective brightness. The bulb is housed in a machined aluminum casing, which provides superior heat diffusion for long life.

XP80: Each of the four sides of this bulb contains three 5W-rated chips, and the top is fitted with four more under a projector lens. This is the brightest self-contained automotive LED bulb on the market, and is housed in an aluminum casing with a textured finish for maximum heatsinking properties.

HP24 Switchback:

The HP24 bulbs use 16 amber, and 8 white LEDs. They are very high-power chips. More importantly, the amber is a custom-made LED chip. Instead of a standard amber, which emits a low-energy amber light, the amber LEDs on this bulb are down-converted from blue, just like a standard white LED. It is extremely bright amber. Equipped with full aluminum body for durability and advanced digital latching circuit for color control. 6000k, Cool White to match HIDs or other LED lighting.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS to fit your Jeep JL Wrangler.

Hyperblink Fix: The turn signals on most vehicles will begin to blink fast (hyperblink) when LED bulbs are installed. This is because LEDs use less power than the original bulbs, so your vehicle thinks that the bulb is out. The JL Wrangler will not hyperflash on the exterior of the vehicle, but the indicator speed on the dash will change (See Video). This can be corrected with a basic resistor kit.

Wire colors for the JL Wrangler on both sides are:

White w/green stripe
Black

Resistor Kit: This is a universal way to fix the issue, and will work for any vehicle. By adding a resistor to the bulb's circuit, you can mimic the power consumption of the original bulb, and return the vehicle to normal turn signal speed. The installation takes 10-15 minutes, and involves making two simple connections. Everything you need is included in the kit. If you have both front and rear LED turn signals, you usually only need one set of resistors, on the front or rear, to create enough resistance for the turn signal circuit.

2018_Jeep_Wrangler_7444_Turn_SWITCHBACK_running_2.jpg

Diode Dynamics products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

Click to order or for more information:

Diode Dynamics: Switchback Turn Signal LEDs for 2018+ Jeep JL Wrangler

Diode Dynamics: Front Turn Signal LEDs for 2018+ Jeep JL Wrangler

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

2018_Jeep_Wrangler_7443_Turn_SWITCHBACK_running.jpg

How to Install Resistors for 2018+ Jeep JL Wrangler LED Turn Signals | Diode Dynamics

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Nice work!
Thank you! This is the first of many new lighting products for the JL Wrangler.

Definitely a nice upgrade for those who don't opt for the factory-equipped LED lighting.

Nick C.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Thank you! This is the first of many new lighting products for the JL Wrangler.

Definitely a nice upgrade for those who don't opt for the factory-equipped LED lighting.

Nick C.
Yeah, quick development cycle too! Impressive!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Yeah, quick development cycle too! Impressive!
We have to thank our friends at All-Star Dodge & Jeep here in St. Louis for letting us borrow their very first JL. They hadn't even removed the seat covers yet! lol

Nick C.

Sponsored

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
Question: I’m ordering a Sport S with the safety package that includes rear LEDs. How will your front bulbs work with the rear LEDs? Will I need the resistor since my Jeep will have rear LEDs and front conventional bulbs?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Question: I’m ordering a Sport S with the safety package that includes rear LEDs. How will your front bulbs work with the rear LEDs? Will I need the resistor since my Jeep will have rear LEDs and front conventional bulbs?
These LED replacement listings are for non-LED equipped JL Wrangler models. Unfortunately, this means you won't be able to replace those units with brighter options. (However, Jeep did an excellent job with those designs!).

Thank you,
Nick C.

Kamath

First Name
VenkatRay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo s60 (getting the JL Rubi soon)
LED's are never a Luxuary, When most cars way cheaper than the Jeep has it as a Base version, Whats with Jeep offering it only on the Rubicon? Jeeps aren't meant to cost 50k for the top end atleast for the next 10 years,

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
LED's are never a Luxuary, When most cars way cheaper than the Jeep has it as a Base version, Whats with Jeep offering it only on the Rubicon? Jeeps aren't meant to cost 50k for the top end atleast for the next 10 years,
I was a bit shocked at the $40,500 price tag of the 4-door Sport (with options) that we had in the studio. The interior was extremely nice though! FCA does an excellent job with their interior materials selection and placement IMO.

Nick C.

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
These LED replacement listings are for non-LED equipped JL Wrangler models. Unfortunately, this means you won't be able to replace those units with brighter options. (However, Jeep did an excellent job with those designs!).

Thank you,
Nick C.
I am talking about the front bulbs. I know the rear lights will be LEDs. But the fronts on the Sport and Sport S are incandescent. LED in front is NOT an option. So, a Sport S with the Active Safety Group will only have LEDs in the back.

If I were to order your lights to replace the front turn signal/ marker lights, would I need the resistor since the Jeep would already have LEDs in the rear?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I am talking about the front bulbs. I know the rear lights will be LEDs. But the fronts on the Sport and Sport S are incandescent. LED in front is NOT an option. So, a Sport S with the Active Safety Group will only have LEDs in the back.

If I were to order your lights to replace the front turn signal/ marker lights, would I need the resistor since the Jeep would already have LEDs in the rear?
Ah yes! Sorry, we are still trying to determine what is and isn't included with the safety package vs. LED lighting package.

The front turn signals are on a separate circuit, so you'll just add the bulbs + resistors up front and be good to go. The sidemarkers won't require a resistor.

Thanks!
Nick C.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Could you post a video of how the lights change from the running lights to the turn signals? I was thinking about going standard halogens but after seeing them in person I didn’t like how the running lights were just yellow instead of the LED option that goes from white to yellow while turning. Haven’t ordered yet though!

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
What about the headlights themselves? Do you offer any upgrades to those?

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Was really hoping your kit would delete/replace the amber side markers
Sponsored