Sponsored

Diode Dynamics Video: How to Install 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Backup/Reverse Light LEDs

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Hey Nick after talking with you on the phone , i thought we would work something out. But your market manager wanting to have my brand new jeep for 2 to 3 days was not going to work. If you want to talk to me directly that's fine.
Hello Brian,

Our team will typically require vehicles to be kept in our studio for at least 2-3 days to give engineering enough time for measurements, scoping, and electrical analysis. Additionally, it takes time to put together videos and make sure we have all the images needed to accurately portray comparisons.

I understand your hesitations, but we do appreciate you contacting us.

Enjoy your new Jeep!

Thank you,
Nick C.
Sponsored

First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Safari Unlimited, 2017 Corvette Z06
Any solution for backup bulbs other than a light bar or cubes for JL’s with the LED package?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Any solution for backup bulbs other than a light bar or cubes for JL’s with the LED package?
Not at the moment. The LED package is a complete assembly, therefore you can't replace them like you would with traditional incandescent bulbs.

Our Stage Series light bars are perfect for auxiliary backup locations, and extremely low-profile:

strek%2012%20inch%20light%20bar%20driving%20optic%20backup%20output%20owner%20ig%20@rubythesubie.jpg

Nick C.

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
Any chance there will be a tailight switchback in the works? So the running light will be red, brake light red, but the turn signal is amber? I really hate red turn indicators. Amber just pops so much more.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Any chance there will be a tailight switchback in the works? So the running light will be red, brake light red, but the turn signal is amber? I really hate red turn indicators. Amber just pops so much more.
It's not something we have any plans to make at the moment, but thank you for the suggestion! Our engineering team is always looking into solutions for vehicle-specific applications. We appreciate the feedback and ideas!

Nick C.

Sponsored

SeekRest

First Name
Laurence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We don't have a replacement for those reflectors at the moment. The factory LED reverse lights are most likely 5,500K in color.

Another option, would be to add a Stage Series Light bar as an additional backup light. Here's an example with our 12" Stage Series on a customer's Subaru XV:

Jeep Wrangler JL Diode Dynamics Video: How to Install 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Backup/Reverse Light LEDs {filename}

Thank you!
Nick C.
Could your SS6 wide be mounted on Mopar’s 3rd brake light relocation mount?

https://moparonlineparts.com/mobile/jeep-wrangler-chmsl-relocation-p-8378.html

And, would the trailer wiring harness handle the draw as an auxiliary reverse light?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler

SeekRest

First Name
Laurence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought one for my Sahara, when it comes in I'll hook it up and see! I have the trailer kit so I'll try that out too.

-Paul, Owner
Fantastic!
I’ll stop all my internet-driven amateur design plans to see how yours works!
I’m suspecting a custom U-bracket like this:
Jeep Wrangler JL Diode Dynamics Video: How to Install 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Backup/Reverse Light LEDs {filename}
Ok... maybe I can’t stop.

That would need to be black.... powder coating...

Sponsored

FulThrotl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Do you make any lights that will fit in the red reflectors in the steel bumpers as additional back up lighting? I’m looking to adapt something. I have the full LED Lighting Package from the factory but the backup lights are too dim. You can barely see on the back up camera. One other question do you know what color are the factory LED back up lights?Thank.
there are a few of us who have looked at those, and wished there was a clean install. the factory LED tail lights are sub optimal for seeing what is in the back up camera. it may also be a lack of sensitivity in the camera.

i'm about to go looking for a pair of rigid pods to fit in there, and tie into the back up light feed.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Taillight And Rear Turn Signal Bulb LED Red Pair Installation

Here's an installation video courtesy of our friends at CJ Off-Road showing how to remove the factory tail lights and install Diode Dynamics' LED replacement bulbs.

Thank you,
Nick C.
Sponsored