Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Ok guys this goes out to anybody that has swapped from a non LED bulb to an LED bulb for the DRL’s in a Sahara as apparently it’s different than the Wrangler and Sport as it cant run the switchbacks as the Sahara uses two bulbs.

Apparently there is a possible issue running the DD 7443 XP80 in a Sahara since it requires two levels of brightness ( one for idle and one for driving ) so with that said who has had success swapping to an LED bulb and not a factory LED setup.

I called DD and a phone rep advised he had heard of a ponrential issue in the XP80 and suggested either the HP11 or 48 versus the XP80.

So who out there has swapped out there DRLS and what have you used with success
Sponsored

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@Diode Dynamics can you possibly answer this, I am wanting to get your DRL lights for my Sahara along with replacing all the other bulbs with LEDS ( DRLS, Turns, backup ) but have heard that the DD DRLS don’t work on a Sahara so can you advise ?

PhinsJL

First Name
FELIPE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Sahara
@Diode Dynamics can you possibly answer this, I am wanting to get your DRL lights for my Sahara along with replacing all the other bulbs with LEDS ( DRLS, Turns, backup ) but have heard that the DD DRLS don’t work on a Sahara so can you advise ?
I can confirm that the HP11s work. I had initially installed the XP80s and had issues with those.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I can confirm that the HP11s work. I had initially installed the XP80s and had issues with those.
What issues did you have with the XP80’s and was it just the DRL’s you had issues with,if it’s just the DRL’s my plan was to say get the DRL’s in say HP11’s and the rest in XP80’s

PhinsJL

First Name
FELIPE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Sahara
What issues did you have with the XP80’s and was it just the DRL’s you had issues with,if it’s just the DRL’s my plan was to say get the DRL’s in say HP11’s and the rest in XP80’s
Yes, it was just with the DRLs. They would either work with the headlights on or with them off depending on which way the bulb was installed. XP80s work well every where else.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback, I may just use the XP80’s in the backup lights as they are the brightest and HP11’s everywhere else to keep all things at the same level

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I have the XP80's all over and am quite disappointed in the DRL functionality. They do look great when they are on, and I would prefer to have these bulbs work similar to the rear turns/brake lights. They should be 2 stage bulbs. They are not working as such.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have the XP80's all over and am quite disappointed in the DRL functionality. They do look great when they are on, and I would prefer to have these bulbs work similar to the rear turns/brake lights. They should be 2 stage bulbs. They are not working as such.
That’s what several have said and you would think DD could address this pretty easily since they are the makers of the bulbs, I’m thinking just f just using the XP80s in the backup lights and HP11’s in the rest as I have heard they work fine as DRL’s
Sponsored