Sponsored

Diode Dynamics clear side marker swap out!

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Swapped the orange side marker LEDs for clear Diode Dynamics LEDs. This fixed the inconsistent amber issue between the Baja amber yellow floods + amber yellow Roam rock rails lighting vs orange OEM side markers. Easy install. 30 min total.

Great install video... Watch from 17:50 to the end for some short cuts that simplify the whole process!

inCollage_20200731_181524875.jpg
IMG_20200731_173547.jpg
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@BernJLUR

I also installed the Diode Dynamics "clear" offering. Installed them about a year ago..

Quality offering.... not like the one that look similar but are garbage/Chinese crapola. The
Diode Dynamics side marker offering is a terrific offering!

The video that you posted is not very good. The one from Diode Dynamics is way way better.

The first video Diode Dynmaic did was poor and had guys doing all sorts of unnecessary stuff to get the install accomplished..

Myself and a couple of other guys contacted Diode Dynamics and told them their first video was way bad... Anyway, Diode Dynamics, listened and came up quickly, with this latest . spot on, video.

For anyone doing the install..... Really important NOT to take your torx bit out of the loosened torx bolt.. Do so and there is a good chance you will lose the torx bolt or at the least spend an hour trying to find it in no man's land.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@BernJLUR

Here is the the best video out there in regard to the install:

OP
OP
BernJLUR

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@BernJLUR

I also installed the Diode Dynamics "clear" offering. Installed them about a year ago..

Quality offering.... not like the one that look similar but are garbage/Chinese crapola. The
Diode Dynamics side marker offering is a terrific offering!

The video that you posted is not very good. The one from Diode Dynamics is way way better.

The first video Diode Dynmaic did was poor and had guys doing all sorts of unnecessary stuff to get the install accomplished..

Myself and a couple of other guys contacted Diode Dynamics and told them their first video was way bad... Anyway, Diode Dynamics, listened and came up quickly, with this latest . spot on, video.

For anyone doing the install..... Really important NOT to take your torx bit out of the loosened torx bolt.. Do so and there is a good chance you will lose the torx bolt or at the least spend an hour trying to find it in no man's land.
I agree - With my JKs, I’d buy lesser products and then be frustrated and buy better replacement products later. So, I was buying two of every mod over the course of several years. With my JL - buy once, cry once.

Great tip on the Torx screw. I guess I lucked out on that one because I didn’t want to drop it - I didn’t realize what a PITA it would have been if I would have dropped it!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it work will non LED lights and if it does WTH is the price?
@sourdough

They cost about $80 per pair. They are made in the USA.

I believe they will replace any and all JL, or JT's side markers. Plug and Play.

I do suggest you call Diode Dynamics to verify this before ordering.

Here is a well done video regarding the product offering:

OP
OP
BernJLUR

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it work will non LED lights and if it does WTH is the price?
I’m not the right guy to answer this but I’ll get the ball rolling. Price I can tell you - 80 bucks or so. Most of the China stuff is about 35-50. So it’s an investment for a quality product (from the reviews I’ve read).

Now where others can help - when I first added anything LED (headlights, tail lights) to my JK, I always needed an adapter cable for them to handle the different power needs and to handle the flicker problems. Not sure about this here, but there may be an adapter cable you could add. Then, would you need a Tazer JL or something to program the Jeep to accept LED without throwing codes and such?
Sponsored