Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Have a question for those that have done it and that is has anyone out there with a Tazer swapped out the halogen DRL bulbs or for that matter turn signal bulbs as well to the Diode Dynamic ones and then just changed the setting with the Tazer program to LED and not had to add resistors and not experienced hyper flash or bulb out warnings
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Have a question for those that have done it and that is has anyone out there with a Tazer swapped out the halogen DRL bulbs or for that matter turn signal bulbs as well to the Diode Dynamic ones and then just changed the setting with the Tazer program to LED and not had to add resistors and not experienced hyper flash or bulb out warnings
DRL's don't give bulb out warnings, but the front and rear turn signals will. The tazer fixes that. The XP80 DRL's however do not work properly.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
DRL's don't give bulb out warnings, but the front and rear turn signals will. The tazer fixes that. The XP80 DRL's however do not work properly.
What do you mean by does not work right, like don’t light up, flash, flicker ?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
What do you mean by does not work right, like don’t light up, flash, flicker ?
The stock bulbs are 2 stage for the parking lamps and DRL, and the DD XP80 only works in one stage for some reason.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
The stock bulbs are 2 stage for the parking lamps and DRL, and the DD XP80 only works in one stage for some reason.
So have you or someone else came up with a solution, after swapping out my headlamps to BEAMTECH LED’s the DRL’s appear yellow and just look weak

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
So have you or someone else came up with a solution, after swapping out my headlamps to BEAMTECH LED’s the DRL’s appear yellow and just look weak
One of DD’s other, cheaper bulbs seem to work. I’d have to do some digging to find out which it is but I believe they are the cheapest option of the 3. Should still give you a nice bright white, just not as many lumens.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my new setup with the BEAMTECH LED’s and as you can see the DRL’s look weak now, they have the XP80 ( Best) the HP11 ( Middle ) and then the HP48 ( Entry level ) so I am curious as to why they all don’t work the same

5A108C57-F389-42F2-8385-FF2A72FC87A4.jpeg

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I’ve been in contact with Diode Dynamics a few times about this issue, but unfortunately they would need someone to bring their Jeep in for more testing to see what the deal is, but they can’t seem to find a Sahara or Rubicon with halogen lights. I’m sure it’s some weird canbus issue because they are designed to be 2 stage bulbs according to the rep I spoke with, and they have 4 connections on them so it seems true. They just don’t work.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Well I’m guessing I will just wait until there’s an DRL LED working option, the backup lights needs to be addressed but the turn signals don’t really bother me, my biggest issue was the headlamps and how the DRL’s and backup lights

Here’s my big $40 investment

FB2BB3D7-E94C-4FA9-BE83-C96CCDA69D3F.jpeg
F556C51E-F026-4ECC-B5AC-D05C0F702DFA.jpeg

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I don’t have any pictures, but I have the XP80 backup lights and they are great. They’re actually the exact same bulb as the DRL.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t have any pictures, but I have the XP80 backup lights and they are great. They’re actually the exact same bulb as the DRL.
So those could be added without flashing or resistors ? But I’m thinking if I swapped those out I might as well swap out the rest of the bulbs in the rear housing

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Yes, the reverse lights have no need for flashing, no faults exist for them. The tails are very very easy to pop out and replace, so I’d say go for it.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the reverse lights have no need for flashing, no faults exist for them. The tails are very very easy to pop out and replace, so I’d say go for it.
I assume the rear only has the two bulbs which are the turn and backup bulbs.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I assume the rear only has the two bulbs which are the turn and backup bulbs.
Yep, the stock turn/brake light is a single two stage white bulb and the diode dynamics replacement is red. The reverse lamp is a single stage white bulb. One big plastic screw holds the housing in place, and then once removed, 3 little screws have to come out to access the bulbs.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, the stock turn/brake light is a single two stage white bulb and the diode dynamics replacement is red. The reverse lamp is a single stage white bulb. One big plastic screw holds the housing in place, and then once removed, 3 little screws have to come out to access the bulbs.
Is there a big difference, I have a Tazer JL to set back to LEDs
Sponsored