Dimensions of trunk storage compartment for air compressor

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - 2015 Ford Mustang - 2018 Volvo S90
I'm looking at a location outside the engine bay to mount a ARB compressor, and it looks like the storage compartment in the trunk might work.
Does any of you guys have a rough dimensions of this and an idea if a single/dual ARB might fit in there.
The drain plug can be used to run the wires to the AUX switch.
Sponsored

malogos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2018 BRZ tS
I feel like that's going to be pretty loud for anyone still in the cabin.

I have one under the hood on my JK, but I'm not crazy about it. Are there any solutions other than mounting them? Like is there a constant duty air compressor that will work through the outlet?

OP
OP
BSw

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel like that's going to be pretty loud for anyone still in the cabin.

I have one under the hood on my JK, but I'm not crazy about it. Are there any solutions other than mounting them? Like is there a constant duty air compressor that will work through the outlet?
I don't need it for lockers so it will only be used for airing tires and ext (maybe some air tools if needed) so not that worried about noise when needing it.
Under the hood looks very cramped on the new JL and I feel less convenient to access compared to the trunk.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
IIRC, the TFL guys measured the storage space in one of the two live videos in partnership with this site when they compared the JLU and JKU. Finding the videos and locating the measurements, in fact I'm not misremembering, is left as an exercise for the reader.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I don't need it for lockers so it will only be used for airing tires and ext (maybe some air tools if needed) so not that worried about noise when needing it.
Under the hood looks very cramped on the new JL and I feel less convenient to access compared to the trunk.
No matter where you install it, you shouldn't have to access it very often - just run a line (or 4) with a disco to a spot next to your wheel well, under the bumper, etc etc. It's a lot easier to locate an air outlet conveniently than a compressor and tank.

Sponsored

mortimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I had asked about this in a couple threads, but never got an answer. I recently bought the mopar liner, so can measure that when I get it this weekend if you don’t have specs by then.

If i was to swag, I’d say 30”W x 14”L x 9”D

Reactions: BSw
OP
OP
BSw

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are brackets to mount an ARB Twin Air under the passenger seat in the JK's. Will that work in the JL's? Any problems with mounting a compressor under the passenger seat?
I saw somewhere that there's less room under the seat in the new JL, hope aftermarket comes with a solution
Sponsored