Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
Update: I was able to get the soft top home inside the Jeep.
Back seat removed, front passenger seat folded forward, fits just right diagonally. Plenty of room around it for the windows, frames, and hardware. The arms touch a bit on the center console and the passenger door, but I didn't wrap it and there were no scratches or damage. Was able to load it and unload it myself.

Can't wait to install it in a couple of weeks!
Nice, congrats on the purchase, you’ll love the new system once installed, so easy to take the windows off, i personally love the safari option and its now my usual way of running it, best of everything.

its getting warmer here recently and been eyeying the idea of putting mine back on for the summer, only a few weeks as well probably…:)
Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Yep I drove down to Tucson to buy a used one, fit ez

njoy, love having it, just wish I had half doors now

Jeep Wrangler JL Dimensions of 2dr soft top and advice on transporting CD4BF99A-7771-4269-9011-6F2D291BBB51

Jeep Wrangler JL Dimensions of 2dr soft top and advice on transporting 6E817ABB-A480-45BD-A960-CB9782689BEE

Jeep Wrangler JL Dimensions of 2dr soft top and advice on transporting 91A77CE6-8ECD-42B3-AE30-2E67DD2288EB

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
I am planning on picking up a pre-owned soft top for my 2 door this weekend and was hoping someone here can help me with the dimensions of the top when it's removed from the Jeep. From what I understand the main assembly is kind of U shaped, so I am looking for the overall width and the length of the arms.

Does anyone have experience with fitting one inside a 2 door with the hard top on for transport? The person I am buying it from told me "it is wrapped up for winter storage." I need to make a 3 and half hour drive with it, so it can't be too in the way.
My plan is to rent a U-Haul 5'x8' enclosed cargo trailer to bring it home, but it'd be great to not have to do that.

I was told it's in like new condition and has all the hardware, is there anything in particular that I should pay attention to when checking it over besides holes in the top?

Really appreciate any insight I can get, I know there's a ton of it on here!
It fits. I did it. Remove the rear seat. Bring towels or furniture blankets (like for moving furniture) to protect the metal end-brackets. If you plan on having a passenger…it will be very cozy…ie—I wouldn’t. You’ll turn the “U” of the wrapped up soft top towards the passenger side, with it laying on the center console.

OP
OP
gl420

gl420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2.0T
Clubs

@GRAK awesome setup! I got mine back laying down how you had yours and your awesome photos really got me excited to get it installed already. hopefully next weekend.

@jaardappel thanks, i can confirm mine did fit and i am glad i did not bring a passenger. to be honest i didn't wrap anything up and even though it was laying against my door and center console, there were no marks or scratches on either the top or the jeep.

Sponsored

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
@GRAK awesome setup! I got mine back laying down how you had yours and your awesome photos really got me excited to get it installed already. hopefully next weekend.

@jaardappel thanks, i can confirm mine did fit and i am glad i did not bring a passenger. to be honest i didn't wrap anything up and even though it was laying against my door and center console, there were no marks or scratches on either the top or the jeep.
That's great! I am excited for you...being able to switch between the two is great. I'm sure you can't wait to hit the road this Summer with the windows off. If this is your first JL-series soft-top, make sure you carefully slide the side-windows onto the guide (white-plastic) and also make sure the inside/back of the side window is flat inside...like upper left inside and upper right inside. That will keep it from sagging as well. Also, the top...if you need some shade (more than a bikini top/targa top), leave it up and take off the sides/back. Works awesome...plus, you won't lose your ballcap. Just say'in.

Great stuff...enjoy!

Holleywood

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler jl 2021
Do u have hard top forsale I need one I have a perfect soft top

OP
OP
gl420

gl420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2.0T
Clubs

Do u have hard top forsale I need one I have a perfect soft top
I may consider it, but it wouldn't be until next spring when I see how I like the soft top through the next winter.

I'd recommend posting in the WTB section of the Member Marketplace on the forums here and keep browsing Craigslist. I'm sure a good deal will turn up. I had to drive 3 hours one way to get my soft top, but ended up getting a like new, premium, tinted one for $300 from Craigslist. Saw lots of people offering trades as well on here.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Update: I was able to get the soft top home inside the Jeep.
Back seat removed, front passenger seat folded forward, fits just right diagonally. Plenty of room around it for the windows, frames, and hardware. The arms touch a bit on the center console and the passenger door, but I didn't wrap it and there were no scratches or damage. Was able to load it and unload it myself.

Can't wait to install it in a couple of weeks!
I missed your original post, but I was able to fit the soft top inside the 2 door hardtop with the rear seat folded down and the front seat folded forward. Everything fit inside just fine.

stephanadams

First Name
stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw
Dimension wise it’s the width from side to side of your current hardtop (you call it your length) and height from your back window top to bottom (your width).

Last edited:
OP
OP
gl420

gl420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2.0T
Clubs

I missed your original post, but I was able to fit the soft top inside the 2 door hardtop with the rear seat folded down and the front seat folded forward. Everything fit inside just fine.
Thank you very much @zrickety for posting this!
I had to get the soft top back in my Jeep to bring it to where I am storing the hardtop and was putting it off due to having to remove and store the seat again. I was so happy to read this and was definitely able to get the soft top in with the backseat just folded down.

Thanks again for confirming, this forum always comes through.
Sponsored