Dim Tail Light, DRL Out

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I'm 99% sure this is something I caused myself, but would appreciate anyone's help in troubleshooting.

I installed diode dynamics LED bulbs on front and rear turns and DRL's, and everything was fine. Used the tazer JL to reprogram to LED's to prevent hyper flash and bulb out warnings. Everything was fine for a while, but today a police officer pulled up next to me at a red light to inform me that my left tail light was out. I turned around and went home, pulled the housing off and turn on the turn signal, and it lit up but very dimly. This is the driver side only. Passenger side is strong and steady, bright red. At the same time, I checked the front lights and the passenger DRL was out. I turned the jeep off, and back on, and the DRL switched dissed. Now the driver side was out. I'm in the middle of a 1400 mile road trip right now so I can't do any work, but if anyone knows anything about these 2 issues that would be great.

What I've got so far:
-the tail light issue is most likely due to a bad ground. I don't know where the lighting is physically grounded, so when I get where I'm going I'll be ripping things apart.
-unmarrying the tazer and resetting did nothing, except cause the bulb out lights to come in for every led bulb I had installed.
-no ghosts exist in the jeep that I know of
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
mwilk012

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Update: my drivers side DRL turns on only when the DRL's should be off, and the passenger side works fine. Simply turning the headlights on switches which side DRL is on. My mind is blown.