Digital Instrument Cluster...

Jose Salvatierra

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Hey guys, I'm a newbie here and this is probably going to be a newbie question. I have a 2019 JLU and I have the basic instrument cluster. My question is, is it possible to "upgrade it" to the digital one? Can that digital instrument cluster be purchased and installed or can only come direct from the factory?
Sponsored

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/aut...ne/electrical-cat/instruments-and-gauges-scat
It's possible to buy it, but I'm not sure if it will work properly. I don't think that it's connected to whichever radio unit you got in any way... Do you have the four arrow buttons on the left side of your steering wheel? You need those to be able to control onscreen options in the dash. If you don't, I would assume you're missing some other components that would make this work. But if you do have them.... Why don't you buy one and let us know how it goes?

OP
OP

Jose Salvatierra

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/aut...ne/electrical-cat/instruments-and-gauges-scat
It's possible to buy it, but I'm not sure if it will work properly. I don't think that it's connected to whichever radio unit you got in any way... Do you have the four arrow buttons on the left side of your steering wheel? You need those to be able to control onscreen options in the dash. If you don't, I would assume you're missing some other components that would make this work. But if you do have them.... Why don't you buy one and let us know how it goes?
I actually do have the 4 way arrow....and I was also gonna upgrade to the bigger screen...I have the small one now

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I remember reading on here somewhere about one being replaced in a higher trim. Mileage had to be set at factory, then the dealer had to hold the vehicle until installation.
That might be a headache if something got damaged or lost in transit.

Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
My buddy did something similar on his Ram. Not terribly hard to do, though you need a cluster from the same model year as yours and it has to have the same mileage as yours unless you want to pony up at the dealer to program it for you. He lucked out and got a cluster in which the mileage wasn’t much more than what he had on his truck already. He had the dashboard pulled apart and ready when his mileage got near. When it was the same, he pulled to the side of the road to swap it out.

Now the other rub is you may have all the same functionality as vehicles that came equipped with the advanced EVIC. He could access most of the features, however there were a few he could not because his BCM (body control module) didn’t support it. Not sure if the same would apply on the JL, but it’s something to think about.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
It has been done, its a strait swap. Millage needs to be programmed.
Sponsored