Differential oil change

word302

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I’ve changed my diff fluid in orangey so many times I’ve lost count. Between many, many water crossings, burying it in mud, dozens of 600+ mile days, and working on gears I bet I’ve changed the rear 8 times in 80,000 miles. I’ve had chocolate milk twice so I’m glad I did it. I run 75-140 in the rear and 90 in the front. Toyota makes the best gear oil.
I’d love to hear your reasoning to back up the claim that Toyota makes the best gear oil.
Advertisement

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 JLUR, 2021 JL, 1989 YJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I’d love to hear your reasoning to back up the claim that Toyota makes the best gear oil.
Well, a buddy of mine gave me a bunch of it when he quit Toyota. (There's a certain amount they give you for every job and it was always too much, so he had extra) It just seems to hold up better than other gear oil. And it doesn't stink nearly as much

CarbonSteel

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Well, a buddy of mine gave me a bunch of it when he quit Toyota. (There's a certain amount they give you for every job and it was always too much, so he had extra) It just seems to hold up better than other gear oil. And it doesn't stink nearly as much
Would love to see a UOA of it to see how it compares to other mainstream oils. How does it hold up "better"?

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 08 JKUR, 15 Ford Transit 350, 04 WJ 4.7, 17 Renegade, 99 Merc E430 S
Vehicle Showcase
Would love to see a UOA of it to see how it compares to other mainstream oils. How does it hold up "better"?
Very high probability that it is Mobil 1. They supply Toyota's synthetic motor oil.

Advertisement

Northridge4x4

Advertisement