Sponsored

Differential Covers

Jgc650i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler 392XR, 22 Ram 1500 Lmtd, 24 Audi SQ8
Since Jeep in its infinite wisdom decided to remove the drain plugs on the front and rear differentials starting with the 2022 model year, thereby requiring the entire cover to be removed to change the fluid, I’m thinking of swapping out the covers for ease of future use. Of the various options, I’m leaning towards the ARB Covers. There is some conflicting feedback in the reviews for the front cover that it can be challenging to install, but rear is all positive. Wondering if anyone has any real-world experience with these covers and can offer any feedback? Or, alternatively, any recommendations on any other brands? In my case this will be for a 2022 JLU Rubicon 392XR. Many thanks!

Jeep Wrangler JL Differential Covers ArbDiff
Sponsored

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
Nice, guess Ill be doing this eventually also so I can change my own oil after these are put on.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I have the ARB diff covers for both front and rear on my 2020 JLUR. The install was pretty straightforward. I did not have any issues. My only complaint is that the bolts rusted pretty quick. I will prob switch them out soon. Happy to provide pics if needed.

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
I just purchased Motobilt diff covers. I'm going to paint the M red and then clear coat them. I like the look of the raw steel and welds. Very cool.

Sponsored

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
don't have much to add to this, but was there a reason they removed the differential drain plugs from the bottom of the diff? seems like a huge misstep...

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I just purchased Motobilt diff covers. I'm going to paint the M red and then clear coat them. I like the look of the raw steel and welds. Very cool.
Same; they are built like tanks:

Front:

Jeep Wrangler JL Differential Covers Front Skid + Cover

Rear:

Jeep Wrangler JL Differential Covers Rear Skid + Cover

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
don't have much to add to this, but was there a reason they removed the differential drain plugs from the bottom of the diff? seems like a huge misstep...
Save a penny and potential damage by hitting them on a rock.

OP
OP
Jgc650i

Jgc650i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler 392XR, 22 Ram 1500 Lmtd, 24 Audi SQ8
I have the ARB diff covers for both front and rear on my 2020 JLUR. The install was pretty straightforward. I did not have any issues. My only complaint is that the bolts rusted pretty quick. I will prob switch them out soon. Happy to provide pics if needed.

Thank you, that’s very helpful.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Since Jeep in its infinite wisdom decided to remove the drain plugs on the front and rear differentials starting with the 2022 model year, thereby requiring the entire cover to be removed to change the fluid, I’m thinking of swapping out the covers for ease of future use. Of the various options, I’m leaning towards the ARB Covers. There is some conflicting feedback in the reviews for the front cover that it can be challenging to install, but rear is all positive. Wondering if anyone has any real-world experience with these covers and can offer any feedback? Or, alternatively, any recommendations on any other brands? In my case this will be for a 2022 JLU Rubicon 392XR. Many thanks!

Jeep Wrangler JL Differential Covers Rear Skid + Cover
I kept it in house….. went with Dana.. and a Rancho skid, that I color matched……

Jeep Wrangler JL Differential Covers 4E196728-9CF4-4215-83E4-98880D9CCD48

Sponsored

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Plenty of reasons to change the factory diff covers. The addition of a drain plug shouldn’t be one of them. Any nasty bits in the housing will settle at the lowest point. The lowest point will never be on a diff cover. The cover should come off during routine fluid changes to inspect for wear and/or damage.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I’ve got the ARB front and rear. I thought they were pretty easy to install and I think they look real nice.

I did have two issues though. On both Jeeps, the bolt holes in the diff housing that straddle the axle tube weren’t threaded deep enough. I needed to use a tap to get the new bolts all the way in. You may not have to do it but be prepared to.

One of the covers also had the wrong bolts with coarse threads included with it. Recommend pulling one factory bolt to compare threads before taking them all out.

This pic is after scwacking it on a rock and I ain’t even skurd.
Jeep Wrangler JL Differential Covers 86F0EEB7-ABAC-4D6F-86F2-978C175B8C9B

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've had front and rear ARB covers for over 3 years and 65k miles. Very strong, still look good, and zero leaks. Don't see what would negatively affect installing the front vs rear.

Jeep Wrangler JL Differential Covers 20211013_132423
Jeep Wrangler JL Differential Covers 20220616_135517

Reactions: J0E

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I kept it in house….. went with Dana.. and a Rancho skid, that I color matched……

Jeep Wrangler JL Differential Covers 41042D9B-B30B-4959-B8BC-4E8F037689CA
Damn, for some reason I thought the Dana covers only fit the U44 axles. They look nice.
Sponsored