Different JL Rubicon Xtreme Recon question, i think

J_Winslow

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
I am about to jump back into the jeep world again and have a deposit on a JKL Rubicon with xtreme recon package. Now I used to have a TJ on 35s and it was quite a step to hop into it. Can anyone tell me exactly how high you have to lift your leg to get into the jeep with the xtreme recon package.

The reson I ask is if my elderly mother wants to ride in it I got to figure out what kinds step stool would me needed then tossed in the back. (She wants to go with me when I buy it)

Oh an incase anyone was curious I'm selling my C8 corvette to get back into a jeep

Old jeep and soon to be sold c8

20170923_153343.jpg

20170923_153322.jpg

IMG_20211016_184458_368.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
I'm 6'0" and I Can get in my XR fine, but my side bolstering on the seats defiently takes a beating... I'm planning on adding the MOpar Performance Rock Rails for that "half of a step" to help me nd passangers get in and out a little easier while keeping the ruggid look.

Sponsored

Mikecoffman911

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JLURXR
Occupation
Engineer/Builder/living a great life!!!!
I am about to jump back into the jeep world again and have a deposit on a JKL Rubicon with xtreme recon package. Now I used to have a TJ on 35s and it was quite a step to hop into it. Can anyone tell me exactly how high you have to lift your leg to get into the jeep with the xtreme recon package.

The reson I ask is if my elderly mother wants to ride in it I got to figure out what kinds step stool would me needed then tossed in the back. (She wants to go with me when I buy it)

Oh an incase anyone was curious I'm selling my C8 corvette to get back into a jeep

Old jeep and soon to be sold c8

Jeep Wrangler JL Different JL Rubicon Xtreme Recon question, i think IMG_20211016_184458_368

Jeep Wrangler JL Different JL Rubicon Xtreme Recon question, i think IMG_20211016_184458_368

Your idea of a stool makes a lot of sense. I have chased down steps to replace the performance rails on my XR and the options that are of any quality just do not exist yet. The stool will save you tons of internet surfing. The XR - at least with the performance rails - looks “right”. I too have a couple performance cars, but did not get rid of one for the Jeep. We want a C8 - just need to convince the wife we need another car

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I’d go with the two-step, somewhat large, plastic with rubber grippy thing type. Like this:

Jeep Wrangler JL Different JL Rubicon Xtreme Recon question, i think 022B4B62-DB88-4728-B111-889D72E821FD

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This is my 91-year old dad next to my lifted Sahara on 35s. My guess is my Sahara sits about 1.5 inches higher than a stock XR.

Dad’s 5’10” these days; it is definitely a bit of chore for him to get in. He has to lift his left foot and place it inside the Jeep, then grab onto the handle on the A-pillar and pull himself up. If he is wearing a winter coat, it will get caught between his butt and the seat and I will need to go give him a hand.

Jeep Wrangler JL Different JL Rubicon Xtreme Recon question, i think 005CF69F-AEED-47B2-A1B8-D03D173389EB

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have witnessed first hand an elderly woman with a very well built TJ no doors, no top get into her rig with a step stool. My favorite part though is she had drilled a small hole in it and had a rope tied to the step stool. That way, after getting in, she could just lift the step stool up and be on her merry way. I will tell you, I wanted to ask her if she wanted to adopt a grandson. Both her and the Jeep were just plain awesome. Getting sh** done!

OP: I have a 2.5" lift with 35" tires and Metalcloak rock rails (no steps). It's a no go for many. She will need the step stool unless she likes to climb or jump.
Sponsored