Difference between Red Rubicon shocks and Fox Rubicon shocks?

rtucker6508

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
AtlasOffroadConcepts.com
Vehicle(s)
(2) 2019 JLURs, 2015 JKU, 2010 JK
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, what's the Difference between Red Rubicon shocks and the Silver Fox Rubicon shocks on the gladiator?

84jeepjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 CJ7 on 35's 2005 Z71 Suburban on 33's
one is a fox shock and the other is not.. Seriously though. I just went and test drove a Rubicon JLU and Rubicon Gladiator back to back.... HOLY HELL the gladiator rides WAY BETTER!!!!! Sure you can say the longer wheel base and longer control arms help, but I think the shocks payed a big roll in that. Even my wife commented on how much nicer the Gladiator rode... Now I just need to sell a kid or kidney to buy them both.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
The JT Rubicon shocks are Fox 2.0 Performance Series Shocks. They ride pretty nice, but are a bit light on dampening in the rear in my opinion. They are much better than anything which has ever been put on one from the factory for sure.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
one is a fox shock and the other is not.. Seriously though. I just went and test drove a Rubicon JLU and Rubicon Gladiator back to back.... HOLY HELL the gladiator rides WAY BETTER!!!!! Sure you can say the longer wheel base and longer control arms help, but I think the shocks payed a big roll in that. Even my wife commented on how much nicer the Gladiator rode... Now I just need to sell a kid or kidney to buy them both.
It's not the fox shocks, I think a majority of it is the longer wheelbase/rear arms etc. My gladiator with a 4.5" Skyjacker(temporary lift) with 40s rides better than most of the recent JLs I've been in (Even stock). The fox are definitely higher quality than the JL Rubi shocks :beer:

The JT Rubicon shocks are Fox 2.0 Performance Series Shocks. They ride pretty nice, but are a bit light on dampening in the rear in my opinion. They are much better than anything which has ever been put on one from the factory for sure.
I agree on the rear dampening on the truck. Of the showroom floor the truck felt a little "floaty" in the rear.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Following this because I am wondering about replacing my Rubi shocks. Was thinking Fox is the way to go. Can't hurt. Maybe it will be a lot better.

Capital CDJR