Diesel Windshield Washer Reservoir Relocation

dhall0014

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Diesel
I am in the process of going 40s and while searching for inner fenders i discovered this issue. Thank you to the OP for a great write up. My question is has anyone seen any other options on this or is this the best solution we have at this time. Not that it is a bad solution im just trying to explore all options.
Sponsored

Csarcon

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon diesel, 2019 F350 diesel, 2018 Can Am x3, 2013 Prius plug in
Occupation
Transportation
I purchased the parts OP mentioned, but found out I wanted to retail original piece, I installed the Poison Spyder inner fenders, relocated the reservoir as far "passenger" as possible (until it got to the frame which is about an inch), placed a spacer on the uppper and lower bolt, had to bend the inner fender on the lower back to place a bolt, but it worked, if you see upclose you can see a small gap, but I am ok with it. I should change that nut and add a washer though

16033053371836082894099149911754.jpg

16033053771686318134527286850493.jpg

16033054077067146230628837127728.jpg

NW_Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I’m about to run 40’s now and curious if anyone had issues hitting the original location?

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I’m about to run 40’s now and curious if anyone had issues hitting the original location?
Yup, with 40’s

Sponsored

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
The 3 quart is doable too. Tried it since the 2 quart is out of stock.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Windshield Washer Reservoir Relocation 83E7F557-2271-47BF-8D71-0B94CB07586C
Now that’s a clean looking install!

Can you post the part number for that reservoir please??

Also how did you seal up the side fill tube so it won’t leak?

Thanks in advance for your help!

samorris960

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
Thank you. It definitely took a bit longer than expected and a run to Home Depot.

I used a step bit to slowly increase the hole size for both the inlet and sensor. Take your time there. Placed some clear silicon around the rubber grommets and hoses to be sure. The 3 quart was a good bit taller (3 screw holes on either side) so it didn't allow for a top inlet hole. Had to push it further toward the engine but still re-used an existing bolt on the right side + (2) self tapping screws. Left side I placed a metal bracket on an existing bolt and then zip tied the tank to that bracket.

The filler hose needs to be extended if you want the filler cap atop the engine bay to be mounted in the same location. I found this would have been true even with a 2 quart. Nothing some rubber hose pieces from the store couldn't tackle. Again, silicon added, duck taped for added rigidity and looks blends in better, and a hose clamp for good measure. Sprayer works and no leaks.
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Windshield Washer Reservoir Relocation 3 quart.PNG

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Thank you. It definitely took a bit longer than expected and a run to Home Depot.

I used a step bit to slowly increase the hole size for both the inlet and sensor. Take your time there. Placed some clear silicon around the rubber grommets and hoses to be sure. The 3 quart was a good bit taller (3 screw holes on either side) so it didn't allow for a top inlet hole. Had to push it further toward the engine but still re-used an existing bolt on the right side + (2) self tapping screws. Left side I placed a metal bracket on an existing bolt and then zip tied the tank to that bracket.

The filler hose needs to be extended if you want the filler cap atop the engine bay to be mounted in the same location. I found this would have been true even with a 2 quart. Nothing some rubber hose pieces from the store couldn't tackle. Again, silicon added, duck taped for added rigidity and looks blends in better, and a hose clamp for good measure. Sprayer works and no leaks.
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Windshield Washer Reservoir Relocation 3 quart.PNG
Thank you! Now if only the damn 2 & 3 quart weren’t on backorder lol

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Just a little contribution here. I split the factory filler neck, then used a $10 radiator hose from Advances to connect the two. Trimmed a little off both ends of the hose until it was perfect. Part #D72070.

62B7C63F-5D95-446B-9739-964F1BBA73BB.jpeg

Sponsored

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
@JLDIESEL, @samorris960, and @Wild American Off-Road, I find myself in need of this mod but unfortunately, none of those 2 or 3 quart reservoirs are available anywhere. Do you think I could make this reservoir from a Jeep Renegade work? If not, how far over does the OEM reservoir need to move to allow clearance?

Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Windshield Washer Reservoir Relocation 887DC977-5428-4CEE-B4FD-D797CE35C050
All I can say is maybe. Probably still need to cut the filler neck to get it up to the engine bay. Some people on the Facebook group say they made a bracket to move the original bottle over. Sorry you can’t find the tank. I’m still waiting on a back axle and tires for 4 months so I feel your pain.

Chainringtattoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon ecodiesel
All I can say is maybe. Probably still need to cut the filler neck to get it up to the engine bay. Some people on the Facebook group say they made a bracket to move the original bottle over. Sorry you can’t find the tank. I’m still waiting on a back axle and tires for 4 months so I feel your pain.
Oh I'm still waiting on both axles, rear shocks, bumpers, skids, tire carrier and several other things. Hell, I'm even waiting on TPMS sensors since apparently any Wrangler made after June 2021 switched to a different sensor. I ended up buying Maxxis RAZR 772 tires since that was all I could find. It's great having five 40s stacked up in the garage not knowing when they will go on. So far, the only actual part I've been able to install on my Jeep is LOD rock sliders. I know these are all first world problems but I wish I had taken a different path and waited a couple of years to go this route.

samorris960

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
I'd concur with this assessment. Hard to tell if that Renegade tank would work as there are no dimensions listed online. Some L brackets or other tabs might be just enough to get the stock tank pushed back enough too. Probably more depends on which inner fender you are running.

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
Hi guys, I just bought a 2L US Plastics window washer reservoir, and I getting ready to relocate from the wheel well on my EcoDiesel JL. I see in the original post that a screw is used off the firewall, and some other screws and washers were also used. What size is necessary for that screw that was reused, and what size screws did you guys use including length? Since this modification has been done quite a few times, I’m interested in learning what works best. Also, if I reuse the original filler neck, there no leaking without silicon? Thank you.
Sponsored