First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUD "Bender" '22 Silverado RST "Reaper"
Occupation
Emergency vehicle technician.
So I've been searching for a new Willys Diesel in the TX/OK/LA/AR area.
and Ive found ZERO. None, GooseEggs Nada.

Rubi Diesels are fairly common, but I dont really care for some of the packaging, (and price jump)

I dont have any qualms about ordering one, but its a cash purchase and well, Im slightly impatient.

What I'm looking for is a 21-22 JLU Diesel Willys (26W) with the 8.4/Alpine and remote Start. Almost everything else, option wise is whatever.
NOT Black or White...

Anybody have any hits or tricks that you've used to find them on Dealer Lots?

Also, when is Jeep oping up thte 2022 build and price for the JL?

Thanks

p.s. GhostBusters Afterlife is freaking awesome. go see it.
Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I think an order will probably be faster than waiting to find an unsold one on a lot. The diesel is kind of like a 2door. It has a dedicated audience, but it’s not the easiest sell off the lot. I don’t think dealers will be rushing to use their few allotments during the shortage on a unit that might sit slightly longer.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I think an order will probably be faster than waiting to find an unsold one on a lot. The diesel is kind of like a 2door. It has a dedicated audience, but it’s not the easiest sell off the lot. I don’t think dealers will be rushing to use their few allotments during the shortage on a unit that might sit slightly longer.
Agreed.

People are weird on diesels -- my dealer here locally won't even order them (for stock).

OP
OP
c7j6y1

c7j6y1

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
yeah theres a few Diesel Rubi's in the Metroplex, and theres a dealer up in Propser thats got a bunch of Sport S Diesels enroute. so its either a rubicon or a sport S...

but damn if the willys dont have the wheels and tires and suspension i want....

i THINK i can order it and wait (3 to 4 months thats difficult) or i can get something close to what i want in the Sport S..... or get more than i want with a Rubi..

Thoughts? opinions? Suggestions?

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
You can add wheels and lift to a Sport. I ordered my Jeeps to get exactly what I want and it was worth the wait. I have a unicorn, too—Punk’n Recon soft top :involve:.

Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
yeah theres a few Diesel Rubi's in the Metroplex, and theres a dealer up in Propser thats got a bunch of Sport S Diesels enroute. so its either a rubicon or a sport S...

but damn if the willys dont have the wheels and tires and suspension i want....

i THINK i can order it and wait (3 to 4 months thats difficult) or i can get something close to what i want in the Sport S..... or get more than i want with a Rubi..

Thoughts? opinions? Suggestions?
I would order, especially if you’re the type to keep vehicles for more than a year or two.

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
Agreed.

People are weird on diesels -- my dealer here locally won't even order them (for stock).
I see you’re in Scottsdale, so am I. Which dealer was that?

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I think most people wanting a diesel are opting for the higher end packages. As such, most dealers order what they think people want most to buy. Factor in all of the current shortages and you have yourself a unicorn.

Probably best to order a 2022. Jeep's Build and Price probably won't reflect 2022's until they start arriving on dealer lots. Build and Price is designed as a search tool for inventory available to buy off the lot right now. Since 2022's aren't built yet, that's a dead end for you right now. Good luck!

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
So I've been searching for a new Willys Diesel in the TX/OK/LA/AR area.
and Ive found ZERO. None, GooseEggs Nada.

Rubi Diesels are fairly common, but I dont really care for some of the packaging, (and price jump)

I dont have any qualms about ordering one, but its a cash purchase and well, Im slightly impatient.

What I'm looking for is a 21-22 JLU Diesel Willys (26W) with the 8.4/Alpine and remote Start. Almost everything else, option wise is whatever.
NOT Black or White...

Anybody have any hits or tricks that you've used to find them on Dealer Lots?

Also, when is Jeep oping up thte 2022 build and price for the JL?

Thanks

p.s. GhostBusters Afterlife is freaking awesome. go see it.
When I was looking, Autotrader showed my Jeep a couple states away.
I plugged in your criteria, there are 0 diesel Willys in the nation.
You should order one.
If you're impatient, I found Rubicons and Saharas near you in the $54k range, Unlimited Sports in the mid $40's.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
One within 250 miles of me in Delaware. But it's black.

Sponsored

JGlanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JLURXR, Outback
Occupation
Dog trainer
The last new diesel Rubi I saw on a lot had $5K worth of mods and was priced at $75K.
Never seen a diesel Willys on a dealer lot.

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
There are a 3 near-ish to me if you don't mind shipping them or travelling. Not Willys, but Black, Sarge Green and Granite. All appear to be spec'd the same with 8.4, Tow, Cold Weather, Convenience.

https://www.stewhansens.com/new-vehicles/#action=im_ajax_call&perform=get_results&model[]=Wrangler&model[]=Wrangler+4xe&page=1&fueltype[]=Diesel+Fuel

there is another one at another dealer, but it pretty base other than the diesel.

[Edit] I found a Gecko one with 8.4 and similar to the ones above, but no tow, and with safety group.
https://www.deerywaukee.com/inventory/1C4HJXDM5MW837898

Last edited:

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
If you were interested in a hydro blue Rubicon diesel, I will ve selling my 2021 soon. No dealer markups, and have a few uninstalled extras with it. My favorite vehicle I have ever owned, but want to get a different color. Plan to sell to Vroom by end of year.

OP
OP
c7j6y1

c7j6y1

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well I just placed my $1k deposit on a dealer-Ordered Sting Grey willys with the diesel today.

According to the order confirmation. It was ordered on 11-09-21. And currently is in D1 status.

In case anybody in DFW is interested, Classic Jeep in Arlington has a few diesel willys on order.

20211221_202153.jpg
Sponsored