Diesel springs, front only on JLUR 3.6 gas

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
Looking to eliminate the forward rake on my '20 JLUR & wondering if I put a set of springs from a diesel on the front if it would remove the rake without putting my JLUR into a "carolina squat" stance?

got the rough country 2.5" spacer lift, but unlike some lifts that go more in the front to level the jeep, this wa a 2.5" front and rear: thinking diesel springs are the answer?
Sponsored

John Galt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Also interested in this. After adding a winch there is a droop I would love to eliminate. Not interested in a lift as of now.

JDBoss

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '20 F350 6.7L Tremor
Occupation
"Quiet Professional" (ret)
Curious as well.

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
JLURD take off suspension hard top, Steel bumper, towing package got me 2.5in lift all around. 3in if I'm running without doors and a roof.
Might give you some squat.

OP
OP
MyDaughters20JL

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
JLURD take off suspension hard top, Steel bumper, towing package got me 2.5in lift all around. 3in if I'm running without doors and a roof.
Might give you some squat.
so much squat that it wouldn't likely be overcome by the addition of my winch?

...just hoping that with my steel bumpers (that I neglected to mention...duh!) and winch, that the weight might be enough to remove any minor(?) squat attributed to the diesel front springs

Sponsored

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
so much squat that it wouldn't likely be overcome by the addition of my winch?

...just hoping that with my steel bumpers (that I neglected to mention...duh!) and winch, that the weight might be enough to remove any minor(?) squat attributed to the diesel front springs
No, you should be fine. Keep in mind, I lifted a sport with the diesel suspension and got those numbers. The bumper and winch will weigh down the front.

OP
OP
MyDaughters20JL

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
No, you should be fine. Keep in mind, I lifted a sport with the diesel suspension and got those numbers. The bumper and winch will weigh down the front.
perfect: now for the correct number(s) ....
from the spring matrix chart, with the exception of the sahara which looks like it runs a 666/667 combination, it APPEARS as though both the front springs are 667's....or is this going to throw the side to side lift off & best to use a 666/667 combination?
in other words, what is the stiffness/height difference between the 66's & 67's?

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
The springs are corner specific because of the weight distribution in the jeep. The passenger side runs heavier than the driver I think. They're the same length but one should be slightly stiffer

OP
OP
MyDaughters20JL

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
The springs are corner specific because of the weight distribution in the jeep. The passenger side runs heavier than the driver I think. They're the same length but one should be slightly stiffer
That’s always been my understanding, but looking at the spring chart, it lists a 667/667 combination for the front?

Sponsored

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
Diesel springs are not corner specific. They are the same size. A diesel is more balanced in the front.

Scubanickel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I have Evo diesel 2.5" rear springs on my Jeep JLU sport 2.0t handles the extra weight pretty well so far

A.leec34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 jlu rubicon
So any info or tips from someone that’s done this already would be appreciated lol I just got a lift off a guy turns out it is for a diesel Rubi and mines a 3.6 Rubi should I swap the rear springs around and the part numbers are different for each corner according to this mopar install sheet https://www.allmoparparts.com/docs/77072396AF-2022.PDF

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
I have diesel front springs with winch and metal bumper. Looks and works perfect.
Sponsored