Diesel Lift Kit?

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Just got my Rubicon back from the shop . . . ended up with a 6.5" lift. Shake-down to happen this weekend.

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

kogar

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR EcoDiesel
I have two questions:
1) I'm putting 37s in my JLURD soon. I assume a 3.5-4" lift is sufficient for that size?
2) My go-to guy to mod my jeep carries Clayton, Metalcloak, and JKS lifts in stock. He owns a JLURD as well, so he's well-aware of the additional weight issues. For those of you that have investigated, which of these three would you recommend or do you recommend something else?

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
I have two questions:
1) I'm putting 37s in my JLURD soon. I assume a 3.5-4" lift is sufficient for that size?
2) My go-to guy to mod my jeep carries Clayton, Metalcloak, and JKS lifts in stock. He owns a JLURD as well, so he's well-aware of the additional weight issues. For those of you that have investigated, which of these three would you recommend or do you recommend something else?
1. It depends what other stuff you want to do and what look you are going for. I have a Clayton 2.5 with fender liners removed and MC inner fenders. I run 35s and have about 13 inches of wheel travel (front) with only 1 inch of added bump stop. I also have nearly an inch of unused clearance around my tires. With 2 inches of bump stop (3.5 inches of available up travel) I could run 37s easily. In other words a 2.5 with some other mods works great with the JL and 37s....a 3.5 requires a few less mods. To me the choice would be between 2.5 of 3.5.
2. I love my Clayton...rock solid and I think their spring rate is better suited to the diesel than MC. However, MC makes an amazing suspension. If it were me...and for the last year it has been...I would go Clayton or MC.

Last edited:

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
I have two questions:
I have a 3.5 teraflex kit full Teraflex IR and Falcon setup but within the list you said I think the MetalCloak is becoming a very reliable popular lift that drives great on these diesels

Sponsored

Austintatious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUS / 2021 JLUSD
I'm getting a 3.5" MC Gamechanger and 37" tires installed next Monday. Anxious to see how it turns out.

DEZELJP

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland Diesel
Occupation
Retired
@Austintatious you’ll have the new diesel top spacer puck then. Bad pic attached, but I think this is new when you order diesel lift at MC. A very level stance now.

BC394B77-8D4C-49A5-A604-6ED5390584F2.jpeg

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
I'm getting a 3.5" MC Gamechanger and 37" tires installed next Monday. Anxious to see how it turns out.
great choice, im a Teraflex guy but if I wasn't I would have chosen MC like you. Their Gamechanger lift actually gives you more lift than it says.

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Today's shakedown run was EXCELLENT! The ride was slightly stiff, but I can easily adjust to soften the ride, but the shocks will wear in too, so no rush on that front. Only a slight rub on the rear inner fender liners, but not bad either. The Backway to Crown King is a fun and challenging trail. Great fun!

Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Lift Kit? CK 1

Flojo70

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20’ JLUD
Delays! I ordered the Dynatrac kit on 5/30 still processing and notation says up to 180 days for shipping. Any one else experience this type of delay? I ordered through northridge 4x4. I would also be happy with AEV endurosport kit as well but all “out of stock”. For wheels they at least give you a shipment date or in stock date kinda frustrated.

Sponsored

SteveSRT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali, 2021 392 Rubicon
Delays! I ordered the Dynatrac kit on 5/30 still processing and notation says up to 180 days for shipping. Any one else experience this type of delay? I ordered through northridge 4x4. I would also be happy with AEV endurosport kit as well but all “out of stock”. For wheels they at least give you a shipment date or in stock date kinda frustrated.
I feel like everyones stuff is out of stock. If you want something quick that isn't exactly diesel specific call Accutune. I got some springs from them the other days. I'm using a pieced together kit from different parts from a few companies and even that took a long time to get everything.

SteveSRT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali, 2021 392 Rubicon
I'm just curious if anyone can share some before and after numbers with their lift heights. I have some fox shocks that want the shock travel to be in the middle and I'm worried a 2.5" lift is not going to put me in that zone.

Edit: just looking for how much height the springs gave you front and rear at normal ride height. I know where I need to be on the shocks. Thanks guys

Last edited:

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
I'm just curious if anyone can share some before and after numbers with their lift heights. I have some fox shocks that want the shock travel to be in the middle and I'm worried a 2.5" lift is not going to put me in that zone.
With a Clayton 2.5 Overland + diesel
1. Before removing fender liners and replacing inner fenders:​
Front Shocks 20 inches collapsed - 30.5 extended​
Rear Shocks 22.75 inches collapsed - 33 extended​
2. After removing fender liners and w/Metal Cloak inner fender front & no inner fenders rear​
Front Shocks 18 inches collapsed - 30.5 extended​
Rear Shocks 21.75 inches collapsed - 33 extended​
Front and rear still had just a bit to give but I ran in to some other limitations we need to resolve before I can get final numbers. I suspect I will end up at about 17.5 collapsed & 31 extended front and 21 collapsed & 33.5 extended rear

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Dynatrac is still working on finalizing the diesel kits, which is the reason for the long lead time on them. We do now have the AEV Diesel kits in stock though.

Austintatious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUS / 2021 JLUSD
@Austintatious you’ll have the new diesel top spacer puck then. Bad pic attached, but I think this is new when you order diesel lift at MC. A very level stance now.

BC394B77-8D4C-49A5-A604-6ED5390584F2.jpeg
great choice, im a Teraflex guy but if I wasn't I would have chosen MC like you. Their Gamechanger lift actually gives you more lift than it says.
I stopped by the shop last night to see how my install was going. They had to stop because MC (1) shipped the wrong bushings for the control arms and (2) shipped a track bar for a JK, not a JL. They are supposed to be FedExing the correct parts and it's pretty disappointing because I was hoping to have everything ready for a road trip beginning Thursday but at this point I'm just hoping there are no other surprises.

I was surprised at how much lift it actually provided - it has a bit of a rake that I hope will settle out when the spare is put back on but we measured 78" to the top of the roof. This is a Sport S with 37's......

Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Lift Kit? 1623768384399
Sponsored