Diesel Lift Kit?

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Did you have any trouble installing the Falcon's? The site says they do not work with the diesel...did you have to do any mods or any idea why Falcon folks would say they are not for the diesel? Thanks
Yes so I had to run the non reservoir in the front because of the diesel. However they JUST released a smaller external bypass for the diesel and you can now run the 3.3’s! You just have the buy the diesel specific versions
Sponsored

SteveSRT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali, 2021 392 Rubicon
My rig is getting lifted within the next few weeks . . . still waiting on the arrival of shocks. My set up will be a mix of parts . . . Rock Krawler diesel springs, Terraflex Alpine control arms, and adjustable ADS shocks. Going with Black Rhino wheels shod with 37" Toyo Open Country RTs. Also adding the full set of Artec aluminum skids, and front trail camera for good measure.
That's basically what I'm doing for a lift too. a friend said the RK springs would be better and that I would like the Teraflex Alpine arms and joints better. I'm doing fox factory race 3.0's and only doing 35" tires though.

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I just installed a 3.5" metalcloak GC with 1/2" terafelx spacers installed. I put the spacers in to avoid any loss of travel/lift due to the diesels extra weight. I have steel f/r bumpers, winch, heavy duty sliders, rear tire carrier and 37" spare.

Let's just say I did not need the spacers. I have 9"f/9.5"r tire to fender. My buddy who just installed same lift on a 2.0 2 door has 8.5"f/8.75"r. Same bumpers, winch, spare size.

MC has made some changes to their lift to be diesels specific, but pretty sure it has more to do with spring mounting than spring rate or length. I have not been on the trail yet, but so far I'd say the lift created all the lift I could have wanted.

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
I just installed a 3.5" metalcloak GC with 1/2" terafelx spacers installed. I put the spacers in to avoid any loss of travel/lift due to the diesels extra weight. I have steel f/r bumpers, winch, heavy duty sliders, rear tire carrier and 37" spare.

Let's just say I did not need the spacers. I have 9"f/9.5"r tire to fender. My buddy who just installed same lift on a 2.0 2 door has 8.5"f/8.75"r. Same bumpers, winch, spare size.

MC has made some changes to their lift to be diesels specific, but pretty sure it has more to do with spring mounting than spring rate or length. I have not been on the trail yet, but so far I'd say the lift created all the lift I could have wanted.
That sounds great. Congrats, would love to see some pictures. Do you happen to have your up-travel measurement...the measurement between bottom of top bump stop to top of bottom bump stop at ride hieght?

konakona

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSD
Build Thread
Link
That sounds great. Congrats, would love to see some pictures. Do you happen to have your up-travel measurement...the measurement between bottom of top bump stop to top of bottom bump stop at ride hieght?
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Lift Kit? 9C1AB383-F720-4D4E-BA44-71C6F2D97EF9

Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Lift Kit? 176620D1-5D8E-4AB6-996A-FCCBF894B016

here’s MC 3.5 on 37s (measures 36.5) friends JT is gas on RK 3.5 with 37s (measure 35.5) for kind of a reference

Sponsored

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Is this what you're looking for? I did 2 pucks up front and I have the MC duraspring upper stops. I'd say between 2-3". I'll try to get an actual measurement. MC said I could run 2 but might be able to get away with one once I can fully flex it and see if any rub. I have a lot of room between tires and inner liners

Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Lift Kit? IMG_3736

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Is this what you're looking for? I did 2 pucks up front and I have the MC duraspring upper stops. I'd say between 2-3". I'll try to get an actual measurement. MC said I could run 2 but might be able to get away with one once I can fully flex it and see if any rub. I have a lot of room between tires and inner liners

IMG_3736.jpg
Yup, exactly what I was looking for. Between two and three inches is where I am as well with the Clayton 2.5 Overland diesel kit. However, looks like you have the MC upper bump stop as well, which are a bit more giving and a bit longer than OEM. I am at 2.75 with the OEM bump and 3 inches of lower bump stop. That works fine for slow rock crawling or pavement driving, but for higher speed stuff: whoops, rough forest or desert roads it will likely bottom regularly. Thank you, good to know it is not just the Clayton, looks like spacing is standard. I am taking out fender liners and putting in MC inner fenders, then am going to re-ramp and see if I can pull 2 inches of bump stop. If I can I will have 4.75" inches of up-travel and will call it good. If not going to add a bit of spacer. Again thanks a lot, exactly what I was looking for.

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Yup, exactly what I was looking for. Between two and three inches is where I am as well with the Clayton 2.5 Overland diesel kit. However, looks like you have the MC upper bump stop as well, which are a bit more giving and a bit longer than OEM. I am at 2.75 with the OEM bump and 3 inches of lower bump stop. That works fine for slow rock crawling or pavement driving, but for higher speed stuff: whoops, rough forest or desert roads it will likely bottom regularly. Thank you, good to know it is not just the Clayton, looks like spacing is standard. I am taking out fender liners and putting in MC inner fenders, then am going to re-ramp and see if I can pull 2 inches of bump stop. If I can I will have 4.75" inches of up-travel and will call it good. If not going to add a bit of spacer. Again thanks a lot, exactly what I was looking for.
I almost went Clayton because of their diesel specific lift and being in my home state of CT. I'm. happy with the MC so far. MC told me their bumps will compress a LOT so effective uptravel should be more than what is actually there. I've run mine at speed on backwoods roads in realty shitty shape and so far pretty good. The Rocksport shocks are not meant for that kind terrain at speed, but the Jeep felt solid and not rough.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Pretty sure I’m gonna be going with the 3.5” Clayton Overland kit and Fox 2.0s when the time comes. Does the 3.5” kit give an extra 1” of uptravel compared to the 2.5” kit?

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
Pretty sure I’m gonna be going with the 3.5” Clayton Overland kit and Fox 2.0s when the time comes. Does the 3.5” kit give an extra 1” of uptravel compared to the 2.5” kit?
Yes it does!

SaltyWet

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Almost forgot some pics. BTW, I like the way it rides and the Fox shocks should top it off! Got about $22k into it! Love the shit out of it and it is an off-road beast!

Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Lift Kit? tempImageb21vrs

are these the 2.5" evo diesel springs? Can you post some side shots if possible? really interested to see the ride height gap. Thanks!