Diesel Lift Kit?

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
I bit the bullet on an Evo 2.5” stage 2 plus lift. Spent 30 minutes discussing options with the install shop. Going to use ACOS adjustable spacers from JKS in the front as well to level the front since I have 150# extra from winch and bumper. I really feel 4.5” lift was gonna be too much for 37s, and I didn’t want to run 40s or regear. Evo says on a sport or Sahara you gain more than advertised on the lift, so I’m banking on 3 inches of lift? Shop gave me their word it’ll look good. They do lots of JL and JT builds, so I trust them. Should suit me well since I don’t plan on wheeling any, maybe some down the line.
Sponsored

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
I thought it was verified most of the diesel specific springs were just taller to compensate for the added weight. Also different lift companies use different spring rates for the same size lifts. This obviously means some are going to be longer and softer some are going to be shorter and more firm. Also shocks are going to make a difference. Also unless it's improved since I've been in the racing game the tolerance for coil spring mfg is +- 5 percent. so your 185 psi spring could be 176 or 194 psi. I also read where some lift mfg are running a spacer on the gas lifts to compensate for the uneven left to right weight. Should they be running a stiffer spring? Taller spring? Spacer? Its all just a matter of opinion. There is not that much engineering that goes into these lifts. Heck half the lifts use the same control arms as the jk lifts.

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
Lift mfg base lift heights on the rubicon model which is already an in or so higher then a sport. So a 2.5 lift would gain you 3.5 on a sport.

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
Lift mfg base lift heights on the rubicon model which is already an in or so higher then a sport. So a 2.5 lift would gain you 3.5 on a sport.
If 3.5 is more accurate then I will be even more pleased. I don’t want 37s to look stuffed, and I want room to flex, but like I said: I also felt 4.5” (or 5+ on my sport) would have WAY too much extra space between flare and tire. Had Evo sold a true 3.5” vs just 2.5/4.5, I’d have gone that route. Parts are ordered. Will post pics here and in my rig build thread. Only extra thing I’m going to add after this is quick disconnects from TeraFlex, and my entire build will be complete. For now LOL

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
pity they'd have to; they should have gotten it right to start with.

nobody should have to be partway into a job to find out that a company hadn't shipped them everything they needed.
Not sure I've ever met a company that has 100% fulfillment capabilities without any errors whatsoever.

Also not sure what decent mechanic starts working on a project without ensuring they have everything on the parts list.

For the record - I bought 2 AEV lifts and both came with all the parts.

I just finished up the second lift install with a set of Teraflex Alpine IR control arms. Turns out the arms won't fit with the Geo brackets, so I went without the brackets. Will do a full comparison this weekend with my son's JL (which has the brackets) to see how different the ride quality is. Initial ride quality with the arms was just fine - and I prefer the extra ground clearance.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
Not sure I've ever met a company that has 100% fulfillment capabilities without any errors whatsoever.
not even for a company that lauds itself as a premium supplier doing something they've been doing for years? we have had different experiences, and may have different expectations. i know i'm not able to work to a standard that low.

Also not sure what decent mechanic starts working on a project without ensuring they have everything on the parts list.
sadly, there's plenty of evidence that mechanics are not all "decent". and clearly, not everyone doing an install is a mechanic.

I just finished up the second lift install with a set of Teraflex Alpine IR control arms. Turns out the arms won't fit with the Geo brackets, so I went without the brackets. Will do a full comparison this weekend with my son's JL (which has the brackets) to see how different the ride quality is. Initial ride quality with the arms was just fine - and I prefer the extra ground clearance.
nice choice on the arms, and for losing the brackets. will be curious to hear how that all works once you get some good flex-testing under it.

davers

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy's Diesel 4 door Sarge Green
Occupation
Software Engineer
Made a quick walk around of the mods i currently installed. More stuff to come soon. Lift and wheels. Waiting on my oversize tire kit to install by spare wheel.

Lol! Diesels are the coolest sounding jeeps!!!

Sponsored

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
What's a good lift to run 35" tires on a diesel? I had a MC 3.5 with 37'z on my gas 2018. Pictire on my profile. Traded it in for a 2021 3.0 but want to stick with 35's this time around. BTW, MC r good lifts but for some reason my jeep always pulled to the right. Had several shops/ people try to fix it and nobody could ever figure it out. Even with different tires, still pulled. Anyways, think I'll stick to 35s with the 3.0, any suggestions?

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
What's a good lift to run 35" tires on a diesel? I had a MC 3.5 with 37'z on my gas 2018. Pictire on my profile. Traded it in for a 2021 3.0 but want to stick with 35's this time around. BTW, MC r good lifts but for some reason my jeep always pulled to the right. Had several shops/ people try to fix it and nobody could ever figure it out. Even with different tires, still pulled. Anyways, think I'll stick to 35s with the 3.0, any suggestions?
pulling issue... steering stabilizer

lifts-- mopar 2.0 for daily driving

AEV 2.5 dualsport for lots of gear, bumpers, winch, etc.

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
That's one of the first things I tried, had a fox 2.0, that didn't help. So you recommend a mopar or AEV 2.5. Wouldn't that be too high of a lift for 35's?

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
which Fox SS did you have? was it the Thru-shaft design? (other versions have been reported to cause a pull to one side; something Fox acknowledged, but says they have now fixed.)

know that the Mopar diesel lift may be good for more than a couple of inches; it brought my Willys up 4.4" in the front, and 3.2" in the rear (measured after only a couple weeks and a few hundred miles of settling). it's enough that you may want to budget for a couple of adjustable Track Bars to get the axles back under the vehicle where they belong.

That's one of the first things I tried, had a fox 2.0, that didn't help. So you recommend a mopar or AEV 2.5. Wouldn't that be too high of a lift for 35's?

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
It did it with the stock stabilizer and a fox 2.0 as well, dont know which one it was, was like around 120.00 or so. Well my new Jl is a Rubicon unlimited 3.0.
Sponsored