Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I am still deciding on which kit to go with. Got this info from metalcloak.

EE47DA98-6595-429C-8768-07C1D5DE2903.png

F201CC53-A98E-4C82-8803-C8AA60BB40C3.png
Thats spot on! Here’s one we did last week with fox 2.5” race ready shocks. Great combo!

brett

FEF632EC-B294-4DD7-9DCB-CC973918860D.jpeg
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I’m hoping to run 37s on my sport diesel. I’m assuming I’d need the 3.5” kit?
it’s what I would suggest. Haven’t done the 2.5 on a diesel yet but it should be fine

brett

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
I dont know guys, that doesn't sound right.... so it's meant for a loaded gasser not a loaded diesel which is substantially heavier... the "it should be fine" bit made me cringe. Yea, it should be but if you wanted the same performance as the gasser, you obviously need specific springs to account for that weight.

Sponsored

Dasher320

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2003 TJ, 2020 JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
I think people are way overthinking the 400 pound weight difference. I doubt Jeep puts different springs on a Jeep with plastic bumpers and fenders vs steel bumpers and fenders. When you bring 2 buddies along do you need new springs? Do you take them back off when you ride alone? I have a diesel with a bunch of added weight on a MC lift and it doesn't ride like an old swishy Cadillac, it rides a little stiffer than stock. It does quite well and I don't have any rubbing or bottoming out problems on 37's even on the toughest trails. I don't really worry about whether my 3.5 inch lift gives me 3.78" or 3.41" 🙄

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
I think people are way overthinking the 400 pound weight difference. I doubt Jeep puts different springs on a Jeep with plastic bumpers and fenders vs steel bumpers and fenders. When you bring 2 buddies along do you need new springs? Do you take them back off when you ride alone? I have a diesel with a bunch of added weight on a MC lift and it doesn't ride like an old swishy Cadillac, it rides a little stiffer than stock. It does quite well and I don't have any rubbing or bottoming out problems on 37's even on the toughest trails. I don't really worry about whether my 3.5 inch lift gives me 3.78" or 3.41" 🙄
It depends on what you do with your Jeep. I have gasser 2" Mopar lift on mine and running 37" Cooper tires I rub both front and rear inner fenders under extreme articulation that I do on regular basis. I am installing correct diesel 2" Mopar lift hoping to give me that little bit more clearance to avoid rubbing.

mvng4wd

First Name
Keno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's - 3.0L EcoDiesel
Occupation
Municipal Community Services Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
It depends on what you do with your Jeep. I have gasser 2" Mopar lift on mine and running 37" Cooper tires I rub both front and rear inner fenders under extreme articulation that I do on regular basis. I am installing correct diesel 2" Mopar lift hoping to give me that little bit more clearance to avoid rubbing.
I’m really interested to see what the difference is. Please take before and after measurements for us. Everything I’m reading is saying the lift is more like 3-3.5”.

Dasher320

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2003 TJ, 2020 JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
That makes sense and I'm not trying to be argumentative or dismissive. My only point is that every Jeep owner puts different components on their Jeeps and the end weight will be different for each one of us. Demanding a different set of springs from a supplier because of the 400 pound difference is asking a lot. When the supplier says the springs will work fine I think it is a reasonable response. They install the existing lift on a diesel, make sure there are no new components on the diesel that interfere, and observe that the lift height is at least what they promise. They have done their due diligence and the best they can say is it should work for you. Unless they come to your house and evaluate each and every modification that you have made, all they can say is that it "should" work for you.

AdvEddie

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Rubicon EcoDiesel -15 Ram 2500 Cummins Mega
Vendors like to sell what they have. The more use cases for a given set of parts the better. I don’t think all springs are created equally and even though a gas shock may work it will behave differently with more weight on it than intended. Spring rate and load go hand in hand.

I could care less about whether or not you get the actual intended height. It’s more about how is the spring going to perform under load or stress in offroad conditions. I think a starting point of a vehicle being 500lbs heavier (most of that in the front) is going to behave very differently in rough terrain than one that was intended to carry that weight to begin with.

A diesel deserves specific front springs at the very least. Rears are probably debatable.

Sponsored

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Vendors like to sell what they have. The more use cases for a given set of parts the better. I don’t think all springs are created equally and even though a gas shock may work it will behave differently with more weight on it than intended. Spring rate and load go hand in hand.

I could care less about whether or not you get the actual intended height. It’s more about how is the spring going to perform under load or stress in offroad conditions. I think a starting point of a vehicle being 500lbs heavier (most of that in the front) is going to behave very differently in rough terrain than one that was intended to carry that weight to begin with.

A diesel deserves specific front springs at the very least. Rears are probably debatable.
This was a major contributing factor in my choice for the AEV kit. The triple rate springs sold me. Every camping trip is a different load out.

AdvEddie

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Rubicon EcoDiesel -15 Ram 2500 Cummins Mega
This was a major contributing factor in my choice for the AEV kit. The triple rate springs sold me. Every camping trip is a different load out.
get out there and test that setup so you can report back!!! I am interested to know how the springs do! Also curious if anyone has bought the AEV but upgraded the shocks?

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
get out there and test that setup so you can report back!!! I am interested to know how the springs do! Also curious if anyone has bought the AEV but upgraded the shocks?
working on it! Still have some work to do on the lift including the geometry correction kit, alignment, installing the correct bolts (AEV omitted a bag of bolts from my kit), and getting the dash lights cleared.

Mounted my Method wheels tonight to verify fit. The Nitto Grapplers are on a fedex truck somewhere in North America right now.

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
Oh boy... there's a reason why jeep actually does add different rate springs when you got a Rubicon with steel bumpers and hard top. If you don't think 400/500 extra pounds is alot try adding it on top of your two buddies and then load your jeep up. You think there might be a reason why even mopar and almost every other lift maker has diesel specific spring rates? It's got nothing to do with an extra half inch but the fact that it Compresses the spring that extra half inch should tell you that it's enough weight to worry about.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
that’s disappointing from a company that’s been doing this so long and promotes themselves the way they do.

[QUOTE="Overland_Texas, post: 1367090, member: 29484"(AEV omitted a bag of bolts from my kit)[/QUOTE]
Sponsored