Sponsored

Diesel Lift Kit?

RafterCExplorations

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon/Diesel, 1972 "CJ-5/buggy", 2003 V8 4Runner, 2008 Dodge/Cummins 3500 w/Four Wheel Pop Up camper, 1960 Chevrolet Apache C-10, 1939 Buick Special, Honda XR650R
Apples and oranges to a large extent. A Ram with a super heavy Cummins engine over an axle with notoriously under built steering components and most likely larger tires than what was factory equipped.
You mean like adding a diesel engine that increases the engine/trans weight by almost 500 lbs to a chassis & steering that was designed for the lighter weight gas motor? Got it. Apples & oranges.....
Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
You mean like adding a diesel engine that increases the engine/trans weight by almost 500 lbs to a chassis & steering that was designed for the lighter weight gas motor? Got it. Apples & oranges.....
not sure i get this point.
i’ve got almost 300,000 miles on a moderately Expedition-prepped XJ that’s been all over with NO steering brace and it drives at least as good as new.
His comparison to yours was apples and oranges. Not your Comparison to the 3.0L wrangler......

Got it? :punch:

RafterCExplorations

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon/Diesel, 1972 "CJ-5/buggy", 2003 V8 4Runner, 2008 Dodge/Cummins 3500 w/Four Wheel Pop Up camper, 1960 Chevrolet Apache C-10, 1939 Buick Special, Honda XR650R

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
not likely i would,... but admittedly did not follow the connection you were trying to make behind why you would use a steering brace on a truck would support your defense of AEVs gear on an unrelated vehicle, and thought you might have an actual point.

i used to love AEV; they made some of the best stuff for an XJ *if* you could get it.
now i think they're coasting on their reputation and charging way too much for what they're doing; putting brackets down in the strike zone to simply mimic factory engineering doesn't seem like the best solution to me, and doesn't require a lot of actual engineering.

OK..... Then don't put one on your rig.

RafterCExplorations

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not likely i would,... but admittedly did not follow the connection you were trying to make behind why you would use a steering brace on a truck would support your defense of AEVs gear on an unrelated vehicle, and thought you might have an actual point.
"thought you might have an actual point." :CWL:
I did, though making sure you understood it wasn't a priority....
My basic point was that FOR ME, having had a steering box brace on my pickup for years, and having had good luck with it (no death wobble, good solid steering on a 200k factory steering box), and though not mentioned, having a steering box brace on my rock buggy that I believe has saved my steering box over 25 years of running the Fordyce Creek Trail, has made me decide to put a brace on my JL. I never said I thought anyone else should. I actually could care less if anyone does or doesn't. Not my business..... Though apparently my steering brace is other peoples business.
Good luck with your rig.

Sponsored

RafterCExplorations

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i used to love AEV; they made some of the best stuff for an XJ *if* you could get it.
now i think they're coasting on their reputation and charging way too much for what they're doing; putting brackets down in the strike zone to simply mimic factory engineering doesn't seem like the best solution to me, and doesn't require a lot of actual engineering.
I would bet that more actual "Engineering" (mathematical calculations RE: loading, load management, stresses, maintaining driveabilty, etc) went into the AEV kits than goes into most aftermarket suspension kits. But who really knows.....
I'm just going with a company that has shown to build high quality American-made products, back them with a lifetime warranty, and actually is competitively priced with its competition that doesn't do either of the latter. But again, that's my opinion. Posted here only as a matter of discussion, and not a suggestion that anyone should follow my advice.

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
Evo mfg has updated their site. 2.5 and 4.5” lifts with multiple stages available.

crazyjas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Received the AEV Diesel 2.5 Lift Kit 12/24 and got installed over the weekend. This rig rides better than stock! Very Happy. Definitely taller than 2.5”(no I did take measurements as I forgot in my anx) Be for warned, the passenger side upper control arm bolt to frame will not come out without A LOT of loosening brackets on diesel particulate filter/exhaust!!!

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Received the AEV Diesel 2.5 Lift Kit 12/24 and got installed over the weekend. This rig rides better than stock! Very Happy. Definitely taller than 2.5”(no I did take measurements as I forgot in my anx) Be for warned, the passenger side upper control arm bolt to frame will not come out without A LOT of loosening brackets on diesel particulate filter/exhaust!!!
Good info! I ordered my AEV lift this week.

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yours a non rubicon or a rubicon? I may end up going with the 2.5 vs the 4.5 on mine. Didn’t want to spend an exorbitant amount of money for lift, wheels, and tires. Was wanting to run 37s, but may settle for 35s

Sponsored

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Better how? Better stiffer or better softer?

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have thoughts on this kit from Evo?

looks to be whst i need to run 37s on my sport.

CC74D6DD-65FD-492F-A24E-FAEB45EC6C40.png

Ruri

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD, Gen 2 Raptor, 997.1 Turbo, F90 Competition
Occupation
Not FDIC
Anyone have thoughts on this kit from Evo?

looks to be whst i need to run 37s on my sport.

CC74D6DD-65FD-492F-A24E-FAEB45EC6C40.png
I spoke with Evo when the first 2.5” kit for diesel rolled out and they said it was 2.5” over the stock rubicon diesel which is already 1” higher than the 2.0 and 3.6 rubicon.
So does this mean the 4.5” is 5.5” higher than a 2.0 and 3.6 rubicon?
IDK

crazyjas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
yours a non rubicon or a rubicon? I may end up going with the 2.5 vs the 4.5 on mine. Didn’t want to spend an exorbitant amount of money for lift, wheels, and tires. Was wanting to run 37s, but may settle for 35s
Rubicon
Sponsored