First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone that has installed the Diesel specific lift on a JLUR; can you confirm how much lift you got? Was it more than the 2” advertised as it seams on the gas models?
Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
"best ride" is subjective, and some people might argue that more of the "ride" comes from the shocks.

but i'd suggest you consider sticking with whatever springs your shocks of choice were designed to be used with.

Does anyone know which companies springs provide the best ride. I plan to go to accutune for shocks, MK for hardware, but I am at a loss on springs. I’m more worried about on road ride as I don't do alot of hard core off-roading. Looking to go 2.5 lift with 35s.

herkdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
"best ride" is subjective, and some people might argue that more of the "ride" comes from the shocks.

but i'd suggest you consider sticking with whatever springs your shocks of choice were designed to be used with.
zouch, what are you going with on your jlurD?

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer

Unfortunately accutune does not have diesel specific springs.

RafterCExplorations

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon/Diesel, 1972 "CJ-5/buggy", 2003 V8 4Runner, 2008 Dodge/Cummins 3500 w/Four Wheel Pop Up camper, 1960 Chevrolet Apache C-10, 1939 Buick Special, Honda XR650R
I've got an AEV 2.5" dual sport (diesel specific) on order. I'll report back after its installed. I like the AEV mentality of "vehicle specific design". I'm sure that some of the hybrid stuff going here will work fine, but my goal is essentially "factory, but better". AEV designates specific springs for specific corners of the rig. Custom designed to match the weight needs. They typically are a hybrid of improved off road capability mixed with improved on road handling as well. Which is what I'm shooting for. An true "expedition" rig. I'll mix that suspension with WFO 2" tie rod/draglink kit, and a Synergy steering box brace, and hopefully any wander will be gone, and maybe just a little better overall ride quality. Guess we'll see....

Reactions: WVB

Sponsored

Louisromersh

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel
Mopar Diesel lift. 37"Ridge Grapplers.
So far drives good. Steering wheel about an inch off. Still trying to get tire inflation right. Dealer had at 42. Now at 36 but still feels a bit too much.
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Lift Kit? Resized_20201218_160018
DwnSth Nice looking Jeep.

I have a few question if you don't mind me asking.

1. Did you measure what you actual change of height is? and if not could you give me a dimensions of the front and back fenders?

2. What wheel offset did you use for your wheels and how much further out do they stick out?

3. Are you getting any rubbing issues with the front drivers tire with the Windshield washer bottle?

4. How is the ride compared to the stock Rubicon suspension?

Thanks
Louis

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
DwnSth Nice looking Jeep.

I have a few question if you don't mind me asking.

1. Did you measure what you actual change of height is? and if not could you give me a dimensions of the front and back fenders?

2. What wheel offset did you use for your wheels and how much further out do they stick out?

3. Are you getting any rubbing issues with the front drivers tire with the Windshield washer bottle?

4. How is the ride compared to the stock Rubicon suspension?

Thanks
Louis
With my very unscientific measurment it appears to be close to 5 inches in height with the lift and tires. To bottom of front fenders about 5.75 gain. Bottom o rear fender 4.5 gain. Bottom of rubi rail about 4.75 gain.
Wheels have -18 offset.
No rubbing for street riding but have not had chance to get off road yet to see how flex affects things.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I've got an AEV 2.5" dual sport (diesel specific) on order. I'll report back after its installed. I like the AEV mentality of "vehicle specific design". I'm sure that some of the hybrid stuff going here will work fine, but my goal is essentially "factory, but better". AEV designates specific springs for specific corners of the rig. Custom designed to match the weight needs. They typically are a hybrid of improved off road capability mixed with improved on road handling as well. Which is what I'm shooting for. An true "expedition" rig. I'll mix that suspension with WFO 2" tie rod/draglink kit, and a Synergy steering box brace, and hopefully any wander will be gone, and maybe just a little better overall ride quality. Guess we'll see....
If the AEV kit doesn't include them, you should consider longer front lower control arms. That will likely cure the wander. I looked at the Synergy brace for a long time, but, for me at least, it seemed like a solution in search of a problem - I don't think that the 2021's have any flex in that area. Research the LCAs - there is a lot out there on their value in optimizing caster and reducing wander.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/big-driving-improvement-after-lca-swap.54439/

RafterCExplorations

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon/Diesel, 1972 "CJ-5/buggy", 2003 V8 4Runner, 2008 Dodge/Cummins 3500 w/Four Wheel Pop Up camper, 1960 Chevrolet Apache C-10, 1939 Buick Special, Honda XR650R
If the AEV kit doesn't include them, you should consider longer front lower control arms. That will likely cure the wander. I looked at the Synergy brace for a long time, but, for me at least, it seemed like a solution in search of a problem - I don't think that the 2021's have any flex in that area. Research the LCAs - there is a lot out there on their value in optimizing caster and reducing wander.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/big-driving-improvement-after-lca-swap.54439/
It doesn't use new LCA's. They use geometry correction brackets to move the factory LCA's forward to maintain factory caster specs. Personally, I like AEV's approach to suspension. They figure the factory engineers get paid a lot to design them right, so why not mimic the factory exactly with some height increase. Their reputation for maintaining/improving roadability while also increasing off road capability is long standing, and well respected. The Synergy bracket is a preventative measure. I've had a steering box brace on my Dodge/Cummins 3500 for 200,000 miles, and it still drives like it was new. No sense putting undue wear on the steering components when the ability to protect/stabilize them exists.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
It doesn't use new LCA's. They use geometry correction brackets to move the factory LCA's forward to maintain factory caster specs. Personally, I like AEV's approach to suspension. They figure the factory engineers get paid a lot to design them right, so why not mimic the factory exactly with some height increase. Their reputation for maintaining/improving roadability while also increasing off road capability is long standing, and well respected. The Synergy bracket is a preventative measure. I've had a steering box brace on my Dodge/Cummins 3500 for 200,000 miles, and it still drives like it was new. No sense putting undue wear on the steering components when the ability to protect/stabilize them exists.
If you figure that the factory engineers get paid a lot to do the suspension geometry right, why do you think that the steering box bracing is designed with any less expertise?

Reactions: KNN

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
not sure i get this point.
i’ve got almost 300,000 miles on a moderately Expedition-prepped XJ that’s been all over with NO steering brace and it drives at least as good as new.

I've had a steering box brace on my Dodge/Cummins 3500 for 200,000 miles, and it still drives like it was new. No sense putting undue wear on the steering components when the ability to protect/stabilize them exists.

RafterCExplorations

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you figure that the factory engineers get paid a lot to do the suspension geometry right, why do you think that the steering box bracing is designed with any less expertise?
I said AEV figures that.... Generally, I'm sure it's true. But real world experience and use has shown that side loading the sector shaft of steering box when in technical rock terrain causes rapid wear and damage. The brace is cheap insurance in my book....

RafterCExplorations

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i’ve got almost 300,000 miles on a moderately Expedition-prepped XJ that’s been all over with NO steering brace and it drives at least as good as new.
OK..... Then don't put one on your rig.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Apples and oranges to a large extent. A Ram with a super heavy Cummins engine over an axle with notoriously under built steering components and most likely larger tires than what was factory equipped.
Sponsored