First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
So what is it with Jeep shops that do lifts. Do they really do such a great business they don't have to give a crap about their customers? I went to Collins Brother's Jeep and spoke to Dennis Collins...I wanted a 2.5 inch lift, Fox 2.5 remote reservoir shocks, AEV Borah Wheels with the Beadlock rings and KM3 tires. Met with Dennis and never got a call back on the price for the lift, wheels and tires. Called them 3 more times and finally gave up.

Then I went to Redemption Off-Road, spoke to the owner again, told him how Dennis Collins didn't deliver and left me hanging. He said he wanted my business...after 3 days I texted him and said don't leave me hanging...well...CRICKETS...left me hanging! Then went to Dallas Off-road...they were awesome, gave me a price said it would be no problem getting the Diesel springs. Took my money for the hardware. Got my second call today and they don't when they are going to get the diesel springs. Paid for the parts on Sept. 23. Still no fricking lift, wheels or tires. Already got the credit card bill but no idea when I will be my Rock Krawler Lift, Shocks, tires and wheels.

I am call ing Rock Krawler tomorrow and if I can get the lift and springs I guess I am going to cancel my order and do it myself. What a joke! Should have just done it myself to begin with and I would have already had it done and save a lot of money and frustration.
Sponsored

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going with the Rebel Off Road Recon Complete kit with the black fully adjustable internal bypass Kings and finned reservoirs. Couple that with synergy front links and front track bar and a custom 3 link wishbone style rear system. The axles ordered are Dynatrac 60/80’s and we are leaning towards 20x12 bead locks with M/T Baja Pro XS 43’s. If we don’t go with 43’s, we will probably step up to 46’s. Being something different for a Diesel, there is a little bit of unknown in this project. So hopefully in the next 3-4 weeks the axles and suspension components will start showing up and we can get this project done before year end. Thus waiting on parts feels like an eternity. But it’ll be epic when she is finally done.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
So what is it with Jeep shops that do lifts. Do they really do such a great business they don't have to give a crap about their customers? I went to Collins Brother's Jeep and spoke to Dennis Collins...I wanted a 2.5 inch lift, Fox 2.5 remote reservoir shocks, AEV Borah Wheels with the Beadlock rings and KM3 tires. Met with Dennis and never got a call back on the price for the lift, wheels and tires. Called them 3 more times and finally gave up.

Then I went to Redemption Off-Road, spoke to the owner again, told him how Dennis Collins didn't deliver and left me hanging. He said he wanted my business...after 3 days I texted him and said don't leave me hanging...well...CRICKETS...left me hanging! Then went to Dallas Off-road...they were awesome, gave me a price said it would be no problem getting the Diesel springs. Took my money for the hardware. Got my second call today and they don't when they are going to get the diesel springs. Paid for the parts on Sept. 23. Still no fricking lift, wheels or tires. Already got the credit card bill but no idea when I will be my Rock Krawler Lift, Shocks, tires and wheels.

I am call ing Rock Krawler tomorrow and if I can get the lift and springs I guess I am going to cancel my order and do it myself. What a joke! Should have just done it myself to begin with and I would have already had it done and save a lot of money and frustration.
Update, Rock Krawler said they have a shipment coming in next Friday or Monday and then it should ship. Let's see what happens now!

Sponsored

26 confirmed

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon eco diesel
heres a quick one in the garage last night. Will take a few more and post the before pics later on today.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Lift Kit? 938D794F-8BC6-468A-A529-AD68A16263D8
How much room do you have between the top of the jeep, and your garage door overhead?

Sponsored

JoeBelt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

I know this will probably come off as elitist, but I’ve had zero luck with tradespeople and figure 90% are completely unreliable. The 10% that are reliable and know what they’re doing are so damn expensive I end up doing the work myself. Some are straight up predatory.

Some recent examples are I needed 30 feet of deck railing. I must have called 10 contractors in my area, 8 never returned my call, 1 didn’t want the job, and the last said they’d do it for $5,700. I spent $300 for some prefab sections at Lowe’s and had it done in a couple hours.

I wanted to replace our hot water heater in the garage. Electric, 50 gallon, and easily accessible from all sides. Plumber wanted $3,000 to replace it. I bought one from Lowe’s, had it delivered for under $550, and took about 45 minutes to swap it out.

I needed 2 bathroom faucets installed. I already have the faucets - basic Kohler 3-hole from Lowe’s. Plumbing company put me on the schedule 7 days out, couldn’t give me an estimate over the phone, and couldn’t tell me what time of day to expect the plumber. Yesterday plumber was no call no show. I called - plumber wasn’t able to get to it that day. I’m the first job tomorrow morning, right? No. Company can send another tech over, right? No. I waited a week to put the house on the market - for nothing.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
I know this will probably come off as elitist, but I’ve had zero luck with tradespeople and figure 90% are completely unreliable. The 10% that are reliable and know what they’re doing are so damn expensive I end up doing the work myself. Some are straight up predatory.

Some recent examples are I needed 30 feet of deck railing. I must have called 10 contractors in my area, 8 never returned my call, 1 didn’t want the job, and the last said they’d do it for $5,700. I spent $300 for some prefab sections at Lowe’s and had it done in a couple hours.

I wanted to replace our hot water heater in the garage. Electric, 50 gallon, and easily accessible from all sides. Plumber wanted $3,000 to replace it. I bought one from Lowe’s, had it delivered for under $550, and took about 45 minutes to swap it out.

I needed 2 bathroom faucets installed. I already have the faucets - basic Kohler 3-hole from Lowe’s. Plumbing company put me on the schedule 7 days out, couldn’t give me an estimate over the phone, and couldn’t tell me what time of day to expect the plumber. Yesterday plumber was no call no show. I called - plumber wasn’t able to get to it that day. I’m the first job tomorrow morning, right? No. Company can send another tech over, right? No. I waited a week to put the house on the market - for nothing.
Can I ask what you do for a living?

I used to be in the trades and I like you, do almost everything myself. I'm thinking the difference is I kinda understand the high pricing. When people have work coming out of their ears, they tend to set a higher price for work. Or sometimes a job just doesn't make sense for less than xxxx amount of dollars. It sucks sometimes, but I get it.

I think we need to offer kids down to age 14 sometimes the opportunity to get into apprenticeships. That would get many more people a solid footing into the trades. By 18-20 years old some of them could be well on their way to becoming true craftsmen, with good paying careers.

The influx of new young and hungry tradesmen would get you a man at your door hammer in hand ready to work. They can still be licensed and certified where need be, but some of the......exclusivity (?) might disappear.

We need to make it easier to start businesses. We need more young people not afraid to sweat a little bit and work with their hands. And we need to make commerce easier for people to engage in, in general.

To me Joe, you sound like you're warring with yourself. On one hand you'd like to pay someone to do the job. But since you can do it yourself and understand the cost of the materials and install time involved, you won't let yourself 'pay too much'. If I have you pegged right, I'm in the same boat (sometimes). Often I can't see paying anyone to do anything. Hopefully I can let some of that go as I age. I am satisfied by doing things myself, but there seems to be an awful lot to do.....
Sponsored