Diesel Lift Kit?

Louisromersh

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel
So after stalking this thread and talking with Adam w/Rock Krawler, I pulled the trigger and ordered their 3.5" X Factor No Limits Mid Arm with Diesel Springs. Will post before and after pics once all the parts are delivered and I can set aside a day or two to install it.
Awesome can't wait to see the pictures, but if you don't mind what shocks did you go with?
Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Here's what I don't understand. We've been led to believe that the very best lift kits are a careful combination of spring rates, tailored shock valving, etc... - all working together to provide off-road performance and on-road ride. Is that all now thrown out the window by piecing together parts from different kits? Seems to defy the logic we've enjoyed all these years.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Here's what I don't understand. We've been led to believe that the very best lift kits are a careful combination spring rates, tailored shock valving, etc... - all working together to provide off-road performance and on-road ride. Is that all now thrown out the window by piecing together parts from different kits? Seems to defy the logic we've enjoyed all these years.
I'm with you that I would hope the top kits do differentiate with tuned springs and shocks based on the vehicle/engine/weight, but it does seem to kind of be a crap-shoot with the diesel right now. I'm sort of leaning towards full lift from MetalCloak or Rock Krawler, but getting tuned remote res shocks from Accutune. I'd love to go with adjustable shocks, but I don't think that is in the financial priority list (pretty much twice the price).

By the way, have you taken delivery of your JL yet?!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
By the way, have you taken delivery of your JL yet?!
Four days ago - loving it. My 5th Wrangler, but my 1st 4-door. Getting used to the added length/heft. The torque is intoxicating!

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Right?! Picked ours up Saturday! I've had many Jeeps, though never a 2-door Wrangler! This is my 3rd 4-door Rubicon. The space inside really does make it a very usable everyday SUV (as long as you're willing to live with/accept the tradeoffs to get the off-road prowess).

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I'm loving the MetalCloak Gamechanger 3.5. The ride with the RockSport shocks is great.

E652E90C-95A0-47DA-B0C9-FB300D36B368_1_201_a.jpeg
Can you post or DM a measurement from ground to maybe top of Rubicon rock rail? Or maybe fender edge? I was at 39" ground to bottom of black fender lip before swapping tires to 37s, and gained almost exactly 2" to 41" with the bigger tires.

Trying to decide on 2.5" or 3.5" springs...

dhall0014

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Diesel
Here's what I don't understand. We've been led to believe that the very best lift kits are a careful combination of spring rates, tailored shock valving, etc... - all working together to provide off-road performance and on-road ride. Is that all now thrown out the window by piecing together parts from different kits? Seems to defy the logic we've enjoyed all these years.
You would be correct in mixing springs and and shocks, but using say MC arms with RK spri gs and shocks should not cause a problem because the tuning is of tje shock tk the spring rate not the arms. So in the case of the diesel if you want springs designed for a diesel you go with RK and if you want awesome arms that are maintenance free you get MC. Just my opinion.

Sponsored

Papajeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
For those still looking for the Mopar kit. I just got notified it has shipped from the factory. I ordered mine at justforJeeps.com.

https://www.justforjeeps.com/jl-2--lift.html
Ordered mine on 10/25 and it shipped today. Thanks for the tip.
What backspace on wheels are people ordering? Wanting to run the 37 bfgoodrich’s too unless someone has other recommendations or bad experience.