Diesel Lift Kit?

BearcatMLA

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep 3.0L diesel granite crystal metallic
That’s more or less the “problem”. I’m blessed to not really have a budget but still wish to spend money wisely. This Jeep will be an around town rider for the most part but I’d still like to spend the money once to be able to come out to Colorado/Utah, etc. and ride some challenging trails at some point without spending $10,000+ knowing that it’s not the primary focus of this Jeep. I was told the money should go into the shocks more so than the metal components but I’m starting to think there’s way more to it after researching the boards and stuff. Maybe the skyjacker lift with king shocks will be a great mall rider but not what I’ll need off-road. Perhaps I need 2 Jeeps. Lol
Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
That’s more or less the “problem”. I’m blessed to not really have a budget but still wish to spend money wisely. This Jeep will be an around town rider for the most part but I’d still like to spend the money once to be able to come out to Colorado/Utah, etc. and ride some challenging trails at some point without spending $10,000+ knowing that it’s not the primary focus of this Jeep. I was told the money should go into the shocks more so than the metal components but I’m starting to think there’s way more to it after researching the boards and stuff. Maybe the skyjacker lift with king shocks will be a great mall rider but not what I’ll need off-road. Perhaps I need 2 Jeeps. Lol
I agree with whoever told you that, to a point. I copied NW_Jeep, and went with a Teraflex spacer lift. Then I put some 2.5 Fox FRS's on and it rides awesome. Took it on it's maiden offroad voyage the other day and it performed amazingly. I will eventually custom build my own suspension setup for this Jeep, but this was a great option to tide me over.

Now I'll tell you why I said they were right to a point. You need to be sure of how much travel you are wanting and have a good overall plan. Otherwise you're gonna be spending that shock money more than once.

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
I concur, to a point. The best system available paired with garbage shocks is going to perform poorly. Conversely, really good shocks will, in many cases, likely make a weak system perform at least moderately well.

Now with that said, good systems will give you better suspension dynamics, will be less prone to breaking, are less likely to create excessive wear or damage to OEM parts....etc.

If it were me...and well, it is because i am in that same decision process at the moment. I would either do a temp coil spacer and wait for a bit more development shake out or I would go with a full, respected diesel specific system. Personally if MC said they were building one, I would probably wait. Since they have specifically said they are not, i am getting very close to pulling the trigger on a Rock Krawler 2.5 X-Factor.

Just me, but i probably wouldnt start replacing OEM parts with partial / less capable aftermarket parts just to get a couple inches of altitude. So I guess my advice would be put the spacer in and wait or do it right the first time with one of the good quality diesel specific systems that is already on the market.

BearcatMLA

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep 3.0L diesel granite crystal metallic
Installed a 4" Skyjacker lift with springs designed/rated for the hemi and King shocks. Gained about 6" overall. It's taller than I expected.

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4820.jpg

IMG_4821.jpg

IMG_4824.jpg

IMG_4827.jpg

IMG_4828.jpg

IMG_4832.jpg

IMG_4834.jpg

IMG_4843.jpg

IMG_4845.jpg

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
It looks like Mopar 2" lift kit for diesel JL is out. Did anyone installed it yet? I installed one for 3.6l engine and it is OK but I experienced small degree of rubbing during extreme articulation. I would like to buy correct springs and shocks but none are available as single items. I would buy a whole kit if reviews are good. So far have not seen anyone posting about it.

Sponsored

Papajeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
It looks like Mopar 2" lift kit for diesel JL is out. Did anyone installed it yet? I installed one for 3.6l engine and it is OK but I experienced small degree of rubbing during extreme articulation. I would like to buy correct springs and shocks but none are available as single items. I would buy a whole kit if reviews are good. So far have not seen anyone posting about it.
Replying to this post as I am looking for some real world info on this lift too. First post here, just bought first Jeep...Finally! Which is crazy as I have been off roading my entire life. Just bought a Jlurd, which I believe is the Unlimited Diesel Rubicon, lol, and looking at the new Mopar 2" lift with 37's to get things rolling. Love the idea of maintaining warranty and still getting the lift and tire combo needed to get after it.
Love what Ive seen on here so far and excited to be here!

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Rock Krawler says they’ve updated all their lifts with an option for diesel rated springs

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Rock Krawler says they’ve updated all their lifts with an option for diesel rated springs
Rock Krawler quoted me a 175 spring rate front and rear for their diesel springs. This tracks with comments Metal Cloak made, indicating the diesel weight is fairly evenly balanced front and rear. Evo also has diesel specific springs, though I am not sure what their spring rate is.

Gawdly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Lift Kit? 6FAB5217-7039-413E-BFD1-738B461522FD

I had the new Mopar Diesel kit installed last week. These is another guy (go back a couple pages) who did as well. I also installed TeraFlex Alpine Adjustable LCAs and a TeraFlex Adjustable Front Track Bar and a TeraFlex Rear Trackbar Bracket at the same time. I've put 300-400 miles on it. Performs very well offroad. On-road manners are ok, it wanders and rolls more than I like. I went from stock to stock and 37s, then to 37s and mopar lift. Handling and road manners did suffer with the lift. I am going to install a synergy sector shaft brace soon and see if that helps. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going back but I'm not entirely happy with it yet. My JKU on 35s and a 2.5" teraflex lift with LCAs handled better.

Sponsored

NW_Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Lift Kit? 6FAB5217-7039-413E-BFD1-738B461522FD

I had the new Mopar Diesel kit installed last week. These is another guy (go back a couple pages) who did as well. I also installed TeraFlex Alpine Adjustable LCAs and a TeraFlex Adjustable Front Track Bar and a TeraFlex Rear Trackbar Bracket at the same time. I've put 300-400 miles on it. Performs very well offroad. On-road manners are ok, it wanders and rolls more than I like. I went from stock to stock and 37s, then to 37s and mopar lift. Handling and road manners did suffer with the lift. I am going to install a synergy sector shaft brace soon and see if that helps. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going back but I'm not entirely happy with it yet. My JKU on 35s and a 2.5" teraflex lift with LCAs handled better.
What were your alignment specs you went with?

Reactions: GtX

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6FAB5217-7039-413E-BFD1-738B461522FD.jpeg

Can you measure your height at front and rear fenders and show pictures of it? I installed mopar lift for 3.6l engine and had some rubbing at extreme articulation. I will buy diesel lift kit if it provide more clearance. I need maybe 2 more inches.

Gawdly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
What were your alignment specs you went with?
Went through the paperwork and no final alignment specs were documented. Or at least weren’t provided. I had the dealer install it. Good call, I bet they used the specs on the last page of the Mopar instructions that called for 4.5 +/- 1 caster. It probably needs more. Recommendations?

Gawdly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Can you measure your height at front and rear fenders and show pictures of it? I installed mopar lift for 3.6l engine and had some rubbing at extreme articulation. I will buy diesel lift kit if it provide more clearance. I need maybe 2 more inches.
I can. But if you go back a couple pages, someone already did provide measurements.

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can. But if you go back a couple pages, someone already did provide measurements.
He is on 35 size tires. I am on 37 Coopers. I would like to see how much more clearance I get if I remove my 3.6l Mopar lift and install Mopar 3.0l diesel kit. If it is worth $1,500. If it is at least 1.5" I will spend the money and do it.
Sponsored