First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Some of you have absolutely no conception of tolerances in engineering. Insisting on a specifically designed spring set will result in you paying more for a kit “touted” as designed for a diesel when in reality it is the same stuff. Your money.‍:clap:
I just bought a new Mopar diesel-specific lift kit. [BTW, it was the exact same price as all of their kits.] Are you suggesting that while I bought the same kit as the non-diesels, Mopar went to the effort of creating a new part number along with specific package labeling, etc... to fool purchasers? If so, I've been duped. :)
Sponsored

crazyjas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
I heard back from Rock Krawler. They said "The top rate is 175 the middle rate is 230. You will ride 2” before the transition at ride height."

---------------------------------
By comparison (from a previous RK post in a different thread):

Model - Stock SR/RK SR

JLU Sport - 114/121 Front 171/174 Rear
JLU Rubicon - 123/128 Front 172/176 Rear
Mopar 2" Coils Lift - 131/133 Front 180/182 Rear

Our (RK) 2.5" Coil Spring Rates are as follows in the ride zone

137.5 Front at Ride Height
175 Rear at Ride Height
3.5" Coils are already coming in so we will give you those too
140 Front at Ride Height
----------------------------------

The following is from a post by RubiRob back in 2018:

JLU Sport : 117 / 172
JLU Rubi : 125 / 174
Mopar lift : 132 / 181
Synergy : 120 / 175
Teraflex : 140
RK 2.5 : 137 / 175
RK 3.5 : 140 / 185

------------------------------------

My take away here is that the RK Diesel SR was substantially higher than I expected. I guessed it would be in the 150 range. Meaning, either RK created a super stiff set-up for the diesel, comparatively way stiffer then any of their other builds (I doubt this) or the folks saying that 125 - 140 rates will be fine are probably missing the boat.

I would get a difference like one company marketing a softer set-up (evo) and saying hey...for ride we think 160 or so is better...and another (RK) saying well we think 175 is better for a loaded trail vehicle... That kind of variance gives different folks choice in how they use their vehicles and the kind of ride they prefer. But, the difference between 175 and say an assumed MC rate of 135 or so, are big enough that, IMHO if one works the other doesn't.

As much as I wanted an MC suspension, I am heavily leaning toward a RK.
Wells said!

dieseljlu

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
After some more time with the MC lift with Fox Shox, are you still liking the ride on and off road? I have a 3.5in Gamechanger that I'm just about to install but I've been back and forth about which shocks to go with since diesel specific shocks are hard to come by so far.
It's honestly been phenomenal. No complaints whatsoever. City/highway driving feels great and it handles well on the few off-road areas I have ventured into.

dieseljlu

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How is the metalcloak treating you so far? I really want to pull the trigger on a game changer 2.5 but just talked to metalcloak and they said they are using 3.6 springs. Just dont see how an extra 375lbs over the front springs doesnt change the ridw and hieght. Did you measure before and after to see what actual lift you got? Any difference in front / rear?

Thanks!
Great question-- my group may have used different springs from the 3.6 because I was so concerned over the extra weight from the Diesel. I will be in the shop for a re-torque and some additional bells and whistles next week and will ask. I will reach back out when I have the answers.

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Great question-- my group may have used different springs from the 3.6 because I was so concerned over the extra weight from the Diesel. I will be in the shop for a re-torque and some additional bells and whistles next week and will ask. I will reach back out when I have the answers.
Great, thank you!

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just picked it up from the shop. Mopar 2” lift and Nitto 35x12.50x17.
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Lift Kit? A52057EC-FDEA-4820-8B89-7EB06A1D8D70
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Lift Kit? A52057EC-FDEA-4820-8B89-7EB06A1D8D70
Those are the same tires and lift that I have waiting for my on-order JLURD. Did you buy the diesel-specific lift kit? What are those rock rails? I went with ACE.

minico88

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Those are the same tires and lift that I have waiting for my on-order JLURD. Did you buy the diesel-specific lift kit? What are those rock rails? I went with ACE.
Yes, that is the diesel specific Mopar lift and those are ace rock rails. I had ace rock rails on my last jeep and I absolutely love their products.

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone know the individual part numbers for the components from the Mopar diesel lift? I’m curious to see if it has different LCAs than the other kits and if the springs can be bought separately.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Sponsored

minico88

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
So... how do you like it and how many inches did it actually raise it?
I like it. The ride is great and the lift was exactly 2”. The shop measured the clearance with the stock KO2’s and then measured after the lift was installed. The lift was true to form and I am so glad that I went with the Mopar lift.

Gawdly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
I like it. The ride is great and the lift was exactly 2”. The shop measured the clearance with the stock KO2’s and then measured after the lift was installed. The lift was true to form and I am so glad that I went with the Mopar lift.
Thanks for the info. Ordered mine today. About a week out.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I paid $1,244 for the Mopar kit. Anyone find a better deal?
Sponsored