Megatron JLU

First Name
Anibal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 T Diesel
was your fuel economy affected?
Fuel mileage has always been hard to gauge with the way I drive, but I was getting 20-21 highway with the 37s. With the 40s I'm currently getting 18.5 highway. I'm also running the rcvs in the front with fad delete. So I'm sure that's draining some mpg.
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
From the AEV website:

Note: This suspension and spring/shock tune was designed for the gas engine JL. The Ecodiesel option adds a significant amount of weight to the vehicle, which AEV is currently developing a new 2.5” spring for.

JL3rubi

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Barracuda, 2020 Road Glide Special
Occupation
Technology Sales
I re geared to 4:56 going from 37s to 40s. I drove the jeep about a week on 37s and the 4:56 combo. Imo 4:56 is perfect for the 37s. The jeep felt stock with that gear ratio. Acceleration from a dead stop to highway speeds was great. Makes me wish I would have gone 4:88 for the 40s.
Greatly appreciated Megatron JLU! I'll get them ordered with 4.56 then as I'll be sticking with 37's.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
I re geared to 4:56 going from 37s to 40s. I drove the jeep about a week on 37s and the 4:56 combo. Imo 4:56 is perfect for the 37s. The jeep felt stock with that gear ratio. Acceleration from a dead stop to highway speeds was great. Makes me wish I would have gone 4:88 for the 40s.
did you happen to note the 8th gear RPM at 70 on the 37s And can you tell us what it is now on the 40s?

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I just received this email from a local dealer:

I found the Jeep 2" lift kit for the 3.0L Diesel engine wranglers. Looks like there's 74 available back east. So it would take about 2 weeks to get it here.

Can anyone else confirm this? This is the first mention of the Mopar kit being available.

WVB

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Unlimited 3.0L Diesel HellaYella
What is the actual weight difference between the 3.6 and 3.0?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
What is the actual weight difference between the 3.6 and 3.0?
I think TFL discovered about a 400ish lb. difference when they went across the CAT scales in a JLU EcoDiesel. It was getting close to 5,000 lbs. curb weight if memory serves correctly. That's a pretty big difference on a vehicle the size of the Wrangler.

Reactions: WVB

WVB

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Unlimited 3.0L Diesel HellaYella
I think TFL discovered about a 400ish lb. difference when they went across the CAT scales in a JLU EcoDiesel. It was getting close to 5,000 lbs. curb weight if memory serves correctly. That's a pretty big difference on a vehicle the size of the Wrangler.
Difference on the front axle or overall?
I can see 400lbs overall to account for the engine weight, exhaust processing plant and DEF tank and fluid.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Here is (supposedly) the Mopar part number for the diesel-specific 2" lift kit:

Per jeepsareus:
The part # is 77072399AE and it will sell for 1521.00 w/free shipping.

Sponsored

minico88

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
I am getting the 2' Mopar lift and Ridge Grappler 35's (with factory wheels) on my 2020 Rubicon Diesel next week. They are telling me that I need to replace the Tire Carrier as well. Is that true?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am getting the 2' Mopar lift and Ridge Grappler 35's (with factory wheels) on my 2020 Rubicon Diesel next week. They are telling me that I need to replace the Tire Carrier as well. Is that true?
This is the single most asked question on the Wrangler forums. Most (including me) will say yes.

minico88

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
This is the single most asked question on the Wrangler forums. Most (including me) will say yes.
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. Can anyone recommend a tire carrier?

Beestmode

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
Just got mine back from the shop after installing a Metalcloack 2.5" True Dual Lift w/ Fox Racing Shox Factory Race Series 2.5 Reservoir Front/Rear Adjustable Shocks and a Fox Racing Shox Factory Race Series 2.0 ATS Steering Stabilizer. Ride is super smooth (it's on BF Goodrich AT T/A KO2s 37x12.50x17) on highway and no wiggling at all at 80 mph. Super happy with how it came out.

Had originally planned for the Falcon shocks but decided to switch to the Fox's with the external reservoir to avoid the issues with the Diesel's odd windshield wiper fluid placement.

I'm 5'4" and definitely have to climb/jump in. :)
After some more time with the MC lift with Fox Shox, are you still liking the ride on and off road? I have a 3.5in Gamechanger that I'm just about to install but I've been back and forth about which shocks to go with since diesel specific shocks are hard to come by so far.