Sponsored

Diesel Lift Kit?

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
UPDATE: I have been driving now for about 1k miles on the new steering and I must say that I am very impressed. I have little to no wander, no jolts in the steering wheel when hitting large expansion joints or imperfections at speed, etc. It's very tight and in my opinion, worth the upgrades. As an FYI, I am not running a steering stabilizer and have not been since installing as you need to relocate the stabilizer with this set up. I ordered the JKU Falcon steering stabilizer and put it on, but was not clearing the Steer Smarts products and full lock and at articulation, so I pulled it off for now. Once I have a lift on, it should clear without issue.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. I have logged about 100 miles of fire roads, climbing, and tricky situations with this set up and it is easily the best steering Jeep I have owned. Feels stable and predictable on or offroad.
This is great news! I'll have mine updated with details this weekend and after my drive this next week ill post impressions.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Platinum7990

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Update on my end - I’m about to hit 1k on the odometer and it’s by far the smoothest, non wandering, wrangler I have owned. Steering is very stiff and firm and it’s just an absolute joy to drive daily. Can’t complain. I only have the shaft brace for now and I’m happy with the results.

285C9595-4773-4B26-92C1-AC74EDD23F87.jpeg

Pootytanger

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
AEV 2.5” Dualsport did great off roading!

3EEE4D86-E11D-4E0F-9647-A4D88C966C12.jpeg

Ruri

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD, Gen 2 Raptor, 997.1 Turbo, F90 Competition
Occupation
Not FDIC
I just spoke with Evo Manufacturing and they said Diesel specific springs and kits will be out soon.

They also said said the JLUR Diesel already is about 2” higher than a normal JLUR.

Can anyone confirm this?

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Eco on order.
I just spoke with Evo Manufacturing and they said Diesel specific springs and kits will be out soon.

They also said said the JLUR Diesel already is about 2” higher than a normal JLUR.

Can anyone confirm this?
I can confirm. Mine was right at 1” higher maybe 1.25” higher than my buddies JLUR with 2.0. It’s deff noticeable. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Platinum7990

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I added the Synergy front track bar yesterday. Stiffed the steering even more and it now drives sraight as an arrow. Absolutely no more steering play.

I now will advocate that the Synergy Shaft Brace and Front Track Bar are necessary for every JL owner. Lol

Last edited:

CAC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D, , 2019 200 Series Land Cruiser, 2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4wd,
Evo kits are on the website now. So tempted to order...

dieseljlu

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just got mine back from the shop after installing a Metalcloack 2.5" True Dual Lift w/ Fox Racing Shox Factory Race Series 2.5 Reservoir Front/Rear Adjustable Shocks and a Fox Racing Shox Factory Race Series 2.0 ATS Steering Stabilizer. Ride is super smooth (it's on BF Goodrich AT T/A KO2s 37x12.50x17) on highway and no wiggling at all at 80 mph. Super happy with how it came out.

Had originally planned for the Falcon shocks but decided to switch to the Fox's with the external reservoir to avoid the issues with the Diesel's odd windshield wiper fluid placement.

I'm 5'4" and definitely have to climb/jump in. :)

97052533_10156860330360356_2819735631431729152_o.jpg

97400793_10156860330670356_5215249358693335040_o.jpg

Pootytanger

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel

Sponsored

Gringostarr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S Diesel Ocean Blue
Occupation
Architect
I can confirm. Mine was right at 1” higher maybe 1.25” higher than my buddies JLUR with 2.0. It’s deff noticeable. :)
Anyone know if this extra 1" height carries over to the Sport and Sahara?

Buttercup 3.0

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR 2012 JK
We went with Rock Krawler 3.5'' Adventure X high clearance long arm kit doing a full install on it know check it out on our YouTube channel Buttercup_ecodiesel

D.Hess

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thinking about a JL
Occupation
Orthopaedic Hand & Upper Extremity Surgeon
New to the forum and still waiting to order my JLURD.

I talked to Dan at Teraflex yesterday for over 30 minutes about the current state of the diesel lifts. They have 3 diesels that are being tested and as of now the changes are going to be:
1. The reservoir on the front shocks are going to change, probably smaller
2. Valving for all shocks will be different
3. Front spacer (no change in springs)

He talked with one of the engineers while on the phone and they are 1-2 months away from finished product. They build all shocks in-house too, which is good. He told me to call back in a month and see where they are on final build.

I'm waiting on JLURD purchase as I'm going to have lift installed prior to completion of purchase from a company that our local dealer uses. They said there will be no warrantee issues if it's done this way.

So...I wait...very impatiently!

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
New to the forum and still waiting to order my JLURD.

I talked to Dan at Teraflex yesterday for over 30 minutes about the current state of the diesel lifts. They have 3 diesels that are being tested and as of now the changes are going to be:
1. The reservoir on the front shocks are going to change, probably smaller
2. Valving for all shocks will be different
3. Front spacer (no change in springs)

He talked with one of the engineers while on the phone and they are 1-2 months away from finished product. They build all shocks in-house too, which is good. He told me to call back in a month and see where they are on final build.

I'm waiting on JLURD purchase as I'm going to have lift installed prior to completion of purchase from a company that our local dealer uses. They said there will be no warrantee issues if it's done this way.

So...I wait...very impatiently!
So are you planning to order a 2021 Diesel and waiting until they start building them in the fall?

D.Hess

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thinking about a JL
Occupation
Orthopaedic Hand & Upper Extremity Surgeon
So are you planning to order a 2021 Diesel and waiting until they start building them in the fall?
Well, after reading all the posts from today, I guess I have to. I had no idea of the 2021 ordering starting this AM, definitely behind the 8-ball already.
I'm wondering about 4.10 gearing on the JLURD though. I plan on 37s right away and I've tried config a 2020 with diesel and 4.10's but not allowed???
Sponsored