kogar

First Name
JD
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
I have two questions:
1) I'm putting 37s in my JLURD soon. I assume a 3.5-4" lift is sufficient for that size?
2) My go-to guy to mod my jeep carries Clayton, Metalcloak, and JKS lifts in stock. He owns a JLURD as well, so he's well-aware of the additional weight issues. For those of you that have investigated, which of these three would you recommend or do you recommend something else?

Themistocles

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
I have two questions:
1) I'm putting 37s in my JLURD soon. I assume a 3.5-4" lift is sufficient for that size?
2) My go-to guy to mod my jeep carries Clayton, Metalcloak, and JKS lifts in stock. He owns a JLURD as well, so he's well-aware of the additional weight issues. For those of you that have investigated, which of these three would you recommend or do you recommend something else?
1. It depends what other stuff you want to do and what look you are going for. I have a Clayton 2.5 with fender liners removed and MC inner fenders. I run 35s and have about 13 inches of wheel travel (front) with only 1 inch of added bump stop. I also have nearly an inch of unused clearance around my tires. With 2 inches of bump stop (3.5 inches of available up travel) I could run 37s easily. In other words a 2.5 with some other mods works great with the JL and 37s....a 3.5 requires a few less mods. To me the choice would be between 2.5 of 3.5.
2. I love my Clayton...rock solid and I think their spring rate is better suited to the diesel than MC. However, MC makes an amazing suspension. If it were me...and for the last year it has been...I would go Clayton or MC.

Last edited:

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
I have two questions:
I have a 3.5 teraflex kit full Teraflex IR and Falcon setup but within the list you said I think the MetalCloak is becoming a very reliable popular lift that drives great on these diesels

DEZELJP

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland Diesel
Occupation
Retired
@Austintatious you’ll have the new diesel top spacer puck then. Bad pic attached, but I think this is new when you order diesel lift at MC. A very level stance now.

BC394B77-8D4C-49A5-A604-6ED5390584F2.jpeg

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
I'm getting a 3.5" MC Gamechanger and 37" tires installed next Monday. Anxious to see how it turns out.
great choice, im a Teraflex guy but if I wasn't I would have chosen MC like you. Their Gamechanger lift actually gives you more lift than it says.

Advertisement

Bestop

Advertisement