Diesel Lift Kit?

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I went ahead and picked up the Teraflex 2.5" lift kit with shock extensions. Looks like the kit comes with 3" puck for the front and 2.5" for the rear along with new bump stops for 37" tires, drag links and shock extensions. Will run this to help get the steering to clear the diff and free up some room with all the beefy Steer Smart components... atleast until the Rebel Offroad stuff comes in from King. Then I will keep everything and the box and post it for sale to a new home at the end of summer.

I picked up the Bleepin Jeep alignment bars and set of tape measures so I can set the tow end with the new tierod that I installed also.

Will see how it turns out... should free up 3" in the front with the budget lift.
Sponsored

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
Brace installed. Made the steering much more stiffer then stock on the Ecodiesel. Makes a real difference!

62D77261-412D-453E-8FC5-6A80C806CA44.jpeg

E9E5D4E5-4EEC-4326-81E7-704E9CCBDD40.jpeg

3792D367-55A6-4E3B-BF2F-61A67EC23B2E.jpeg
Did you have grind or do any custom fitting to make the synergy brace work on your diesel? I heard the shock bucket bracket was in the way on the diesel and had to be trimmed, but your looks factory.

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green 3.0L EcoDiesel JLUW
Occupation
Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have grind or do any custom fitting to make the synergy brace work on your diesel? I heard the shock bucket bracket was in the way on the diesel and had to be trimmed, but your looks factory.
I didn’t have to modify anything when I installed my Synergy brace.

OP
OP
Platinum7990

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
nope it fit right in without any issues

Sponsored

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks to all your confirmations that the synergy brace does not require mods to fit the diesel. I guess I got some bad info. I could swear i read that in a disclaimer on the qtech sales page. Anyhow did anyone cross shop the steer smart brace to see if there was any pros or cons to it?

Louisromersh

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel
Hey friends and misfits need your input,
I was looking into a lift and a called a local off road shop and was inquiring about the RK 2.5" X-factor or ultimate adventure lift and they made the recommendation for the JKS J-Konnect lift kit since I will be doing mostly daily driving but still want off road capability's, so my question is, has any one have experience with JKS lift and if so how do you like it? Or should I stick to my guns and go with RK?
Thanks in advance for your input.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
I was looking into a lift and a called a local off road shop and was inquiring about the RK 2.5" X-factor or ultimate adventure lift and they made the recommendation for the JKS J-Konnect lift kit since I will be doing mostly daily driving but still want off road capability's, so my question is, has any one have experience with JKS lift and if so how do you like it? Or should I stick to my guns and go with RK?
That is a funny way of spelling "AEV Lift Kit".

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Having going through lots of debate, research, conversations, etc about suspension. I would recommend neither (though RK is a fine suspension) as my #1 choice. My JLURD is currently in the shop at this moment having a Clayton 2.5" Overland Diesel suspension installed. After all the research I think the best choice for a diesel JL suspension at the moment is Clayton. I know you say that you are primarily looking at street use. If that really is the case, just put in a spacer lift and save the money. If however, you are building a rig that will be comfortable on the road, and capable off the road...with room to grow if you want to tackle more advanced trails...then put in the right suspension the first time. I would say that at the moment that right suspension (for the diesel) is #1 Clayton, #2 RK, #3 (non-diesel specific) Metal Cloak.

Just my 2 cents and I am sure there are well informed folks who would disagree. But for me that is how it lays out. I would say either do it cheap (spacer) or do it right once (Clayton or RK...maybe MC).

Louisromersh

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel
Having going through lots of debate, research, conversations, etc about suspension. I would recommend neither (though RK is a fine suspension) as my #1 choice. My JLURD is currently in the shop at this moment having a Clayton 2.5" Overland Diesel suspension installed. After all the research I think the best choice for a diesel JL suspension at the moment is Clayton. I know you say that you are primarily looking at street use. If that really is the case, just put in a spacer lift and save the money. If however, you are building a rig that will be comfortable on the road, and capable off the road...with room to grow if you want to tackle more advanced trails...then put in the right suspension the first time. I would say that at the moment that right suspension (for the diesel) is #1 Clayton, #2 RK, #3 (non-diesel specific) Metal Cloak.

Just my 2 cents and I am sure there are well informed folks who would disagree. But for me that is how it lays out. I would say either do it cheap (spacer) or do it right once (Clayton or RK...maybe MC).
Thank Themistocles for your input.

Sponsored

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
My rig is getting lifted within the next few weeks . . . still waiting on the arrival of shocks. My set up will be a mix of parts . . . Rock Krawler diesel springs, Terraflex Alpine control arms, and adjustable ADS shocks. Going with Black Rhino wheels shod with 37" Toyo Open Country RTs. Also adding the full set of Artec aluminum skids, and front trail camera for good measure.

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
My rig is getting lifted within the next few weeks . . . still waiting on the arrival of shocks. My set up will be a mix of parts . . . Rock Krawler diesel springs, Terraflex Alpine control arms, and adjustable ADS shocks. Going with Black Rhino wheels shod with 37" Toyo Open Country RTs. Also adding the full set of Artec aluminum skids, and front trail camera for good measure.
Wow...that is quite a set-up. I am jealous of those skids. Exactly the skids I want for mine as well. Mine is at the shop now, just did a write-up with pictures of where the build is at now in my build journal ( Diesel Build - 2020 Sting-Gray JLURD | Page 3 | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, Unlimited - JLwranglerforums.com )

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I’m running the Teraflex 3.5 kit with the falcon adjustable Shocks the falcon adjustable steering stabilizer, rock Krawler gen 2 sway bar disconnects and teraflex alpine IR control arms with a 1” spacer in the front to compensate for the diesel weight and it looks and rides like a dream. A little expensive but with 37’s I’m not rubbing and their warranty is nice
7B97FF80-0869-42A2-8538-479F7098FC4E.jpeg
AA76A245-DE76-4B4A-AFB3-88DBD334CA70.jpeg
Did you have any trouble installing the Falcon's? The site says they do not work with the diesel...did you have to do any mods or any idea why Falcon folks would say they are not for the diesel? Thanks

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
by any chance do you happen to have any idea if the Artec belly pan is available for the diesel? i don't find it listed on their website,...

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
FYI - Artec skids don't work on the diesel. I have been calling them for 6 months and they keep say it's coming.
Next Venture has them. I will be hitting their shop next week.
https://nextventuremotorsports.com/collections/jeep-wrangler-jl
Sponsored