gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone running the teraflex 2.5” lift in the JLURD? Got pics?

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
Is anyone running the teraflex 2.5” lift in the JLURD? Got pics?
I have the 1.5 spacer leveling kit. It’s a 1.5” block in back and 2” block in the front. To me it’s perfect till I wear out the factory tires. Then I will go full lift. It still looks much better than stock.

JLURUBI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Anyone running the Clayton Off road 2.5” Overland+ lift? Looks pretty complete and they have a diesel specific kit. I like the no maintenance bushings.
One of the Jeep club guys has a Clayton long arm kit on a Cherokee and raves about it. Haven’t seen a JL Wrangler with any of their stuff yet.
Let me know if you guys are running the Clayton lift and have any feedback or pictures
Thanks

Sponsored

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Clayton has a great reputation, the Jeep mx and install shop owner i deal with speaks very highly of them....basically Metalcloak, Clayton or nothing.

Couple words of caution though. Clayton very graciously offered me the opportunity to test one of their diesel kits they had under development. At first i was very interested, but after talking to them decided against it. I made that choice based on their springs. At least for the diesel specific kit they offered me the springs were the same springs as the 3.6 and they were linear rate. The linear vs progressive rate piece is prefence only...dont mean to open up that whole debate, but the 3.6 springs were a deal breaker for me.

I would give them a call and see what it is that makes their kit "diesel specific". If they have new springs with a higher rate to account for the wieght and you are ok with linear, then it would likely work wonderfully.

JLURUBI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Clayton has a great reputation, the Jeep mx and install shop owner i deal with speaks very highly of them....basically Metalcloak, Clayton or nothing.

Couple words of caution though. Clayton very graciously offered me the opportunity to test one of their diesel kits they had under development. At first i was very interested, but after talking to them decided against it. I made that choice based on their springs. At least for the diesel specific kit they offered me the springs were the same springs as the 3.6 and they were linear rate. The linear vs progressive rate piece is prefence only...dont mean to open up that whole debate, but the 3.6 springs were a deal breaker for me.

I would give them a call and see what it is that makes their kit "diesel specific". If they have new springs with a higher rate to account for the wieght and you are ok with linear, then it would likely work wonderfully.
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll give them a call

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
Anyone running the Clayton Off road 2.5” Overland+ lift? Looks pretty complete and they have a diesel specific kit. I like the no maintenance bushings.
One of the Jeep club guys has a Clayton long arm kit on a Cherokee and raves about it. Haven’t seen a JL Wrangler with any of their stuff yet.
Let me know if you guys are running the Clayton lift and have any feedback or pictures
Thanks
I've run the 2.5 Clayton Overland Plus kit for the last 30k miles. The maintenance free is great and it runs great on and off road with Fox shocks. Shoot me a PM and we can chat more.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Lift Kit? 20200905_104604

Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Lift Kit? 20200531_181900

IMG_20200825_215336_718.jpg

Last edited:

JLURUBI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Does anyone know the stock JLU Rubicon Diesel spring rates?
Mopar Diesel lift spring rates?

I didn’t see anything in the other threads for the Diesel and the only suspension company that provided any information is Clayton Off Road. Their 2.5” Diesel kit uses the std JL 3.5” front springs (188 lb/in) and the same 2.5” dual rate (165/230) rear springs as the gas kit. Backed up until mid to late January on control arms and lifts.

Metalcloak said they use the same kit as gas with no changes “works fine but may not provide the same lift on a Diesel “

Rock Krawler said specs are not published for the Diesel springs yet

EVO manufacturing “doesn’t disclose spring rates “

Local parts guys didn’t have any information on the Mopar kit other than it’s designed for the Diesel

Any additional information you guys have would be great

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Does anyone know the stock JLU Rubicon Diesel spring rates?
Mopar Diesel lift spring rates?

I didn’t see anything in the other threads for the Diesel and the only suspension company that provided any information is Clayton Off Road. Their 2.5” Diesel kit uses the std JL 3.5” front springs (188 lb/in) and the same 2.5” dual rate (165/230) rear springs as the gas kit. Backed up until mid to late January on control arms and lifts.

Metalcloak said they use the same kit as gas with no changes “works fine but may not provide the same lift on a Diesel “

Rock Krawler said specs are not published for the Diesel springs yet

EVO manufacturing “doesn’t disclose spring rates “

Local parts guys didn’t have any information on the Mopar kit other than it’s designed for the Diesel

Any additional information you guys have would be great
Take a look at the SR info I have on my build thread...best I have found so far. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/diesel-build-2020-sting-gray-jlurd.54579/post-1189185

Sponsored

herkdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
I have a brand new in box MOPAR 2" kit for the JLU Diesel that I decided not to install. It's my DD so I went w/35" KM3s and no lift. The kit is listed in the marketplace but throwing it out on this thread in case anyone is interested. $1300, prefer pick up in Little Rock, AR or ship on your dime.

Last edited:

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
I have a brand new in box MOPAR 2" kit for the JLU Diesel that I decided not to install. It's my DD so I went w/35" KM3s and no lift. The kit is listed in the marketplace but throwing it out on this thread in case anyone is interested. $1300 firm, prefer pick up in Little Rock, AR or ship on your dime.
I am heading in opposite direction. I have 2" gas Mopar lift installed since October and now I am removing it and replacing it with diesel version. My used gas lift kit will be up for sale.

Last edited:

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone know which companies springs provide the best ride. I plan to go to accutune for shocks, MK for hardware, but I am at a loss on springs. I’m more worried about on road ride as I don't do alot of hard core off-roading. Looking to go 2.5 lift with 35s.
Sponsored