Diesel Lift Kit?

CAC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D, , 2019 200 Series Land Cruiser, 2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4wd,
I Have a 2021 JLUD On Order, What would you guys recomend for Overlanding and light off road. I Am thinking on either having the dealership install the Mopar lift and roll it into the financing. Or buying the AEV 2" Budget Lift and just installing that.

What do yall think? Ill only be throwing 35" on.
I got an early diesel, all that was available was the AEV spacer lift. I have it running 37's. Works well for most things I think and rides like stock.

Eventually I'll get a real suspension, but for now the spacer kit is fine. For the price I don't think anyone would be disappointed.
Sponsored

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Some really good advice in this thread. At the end of the month, I will be adding what I call Phase 1 of my build . . . adding a Warn 10s winch, Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders and the dual ARB compressor. Those mods are what I consider sufficient for hitting the trails in earnest. I'm watching the suspension/lift mods carefully as the diesel is a unique animal at this point and the aftermarket is still catching up. I hope to see a few more diesel specific options before I take the plunge. Also, seeing how well the Step Sliders perform may impact how much of a lift I end up with.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Some really good advice in this thread. At the end of the month, I will be adding what I call Phase 1 of my build . . . adding a Warn 10s winch, Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders and the dual ARB compressor. Those mods are what I consider sufficient for hitting the trails in earnest. I'm watching the suspension/lift mods carefully as the diesel is a unique animal at this point and the aftermarket is still catching up. I hope to see a few more diesel specific options before I take the plunge. Also, seeing how well the Step Sliders perform may impact how much of a lift I end up with.
Sounds exactly what I have planned when mine comes in. First mod will be the RSE step sliders since this will mainly be my wife's dd. Neither of us are that tall anyway!

I'm more curious if anyone is mixing parts from different kits. I had my sites set on a MC GC 2.5 lift but I'm also adamant about getting diesel specific springs so that my have me looking at other lifts that offer it. Unless someone has successfully used different brand springs with the MC lift with no ill affects. I'm hoping MC comes out with some springs by the time I'm ready. They are offering diesel skids now so I don't see why they aren't offering springs. It's not like they are making them themselves anyway. They contract it out.

TomahawkChop

First Name
Jerid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
I have a 2021 JLUR Diesel on order right now. I am highly considering on just going with Mopar's Diesel Lift Kit and rolling it into my financing. I think that there's a lot of catching up still happening with the Diesel right now and I think it may be best to put a "band-aid" (Mopar Lift) on it for now until I have more options, there's been real-world use, and product feedback. At least I will have the immediate look and mild performance I am looking for and it'll allow be to go blow my first wad of cash on wheels and 37's. Then do other mods such as the RSE step sliders, bumpers, and winch. I figure within a year or two the diesel market should be caught up, especially with the Gladiator getting the Diesel this year.

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
I just got done installing my MetalCloak 3.5 Game Changer on my EcoDiesel. I love the ride and the quality of the lift. Everything went on as it should and performs as expected.

9A849225-E3D6-424C-B943-14B228813E80.jpeg

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I just got done installing my MetalCloak 3.5 Game Changer on my EcoDiesel. I love the ride and the quality of the lift. Everything went on as it should and performs as expected.

9A849225-E3D6-424C-B943-14B228813E80.jpeg
Was this a diesel-specific lift or an adapted one? Looks great BTW.

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20

Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Lift Kit? 9A849225-E3D6-424C-B943-14B228813E80
I read few posts stating that this lift is causing leaning to passenger side. Not sure if it is result of installation error or lift itself. Is your jeep level?

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
Was this a diesel-specific lift or an adapted one? Looks great BTW.
This kit is for the 3.6 and so far I'm loving it. The ride is great and has a good amount of lift.

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I read few posts stating that this lift is causing leaning to passenger side. Not sure if it is result of installation error or lift itself. Is your jeep level?
As of now the Jeep is level.

Sponsored

Papajeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
I got an early diesel, all that was available was the AEV spacer lift. I have it running 37's. Works well for most things I think and rides like stock.

Eventually I'll get a real suspension, but for now the spacer kit is fine. For the price I don't think anyone would be disappointed.
I read a previous post that he installed the 2” Mopar lift with 37’s and was unhappy with the driving characteristics. How did the two inch AEV lift and 37’s affect your drivability?

Lobowolf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Diesel JLUR
So after stalking this thread and talking with Adam w/Rock Krawler, I pulled the trigger and ordered their 3.5" X Factor No Limits Mid Arm with Diesel Springs. Will post before and after pics once all the parts are delivered and I can set aside a day or two to install it.

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So after stalking this thread and talking with Adam w/Rock Krawler, I pulled the trigger and ordered their 3.5" X Factor No Limits Mid Arm with Diesel Springs. Will post before and after pics once all the parts are delivered and I can set aside a day or two to install it.
Did they say how long it would take to get the lift to you? I just had a buddy cancel his RK lift because it had been 9 weeks since he ordered. The kit he canceled was for a JK.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I looked at their website and don't see a diesel-specific package. Is this an official kit, or did they improvise to offset the weight differences?

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
I've been talking to the folks over at Doetsch Off-Road in Chandler, and they strongly recommend the Rock Krawler 3.5" lift kit. According to them, Rock Krawler has a diesel specific kit and they have installed at least one so far. I'm definitely considering this option myself, but my bank account needs to recover a bit before moving on to this.
Sponsored