Sponsored

Diesel: Legally delete after 25years

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I'm in this for the LONG haul. If none of the rules change, would it be legal to do a "delete" once the rig hits 25years old?
Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Has anyone made deletes yet, i.e., our Canadian friends? I would delete that thing now. Legal ramifications aside, diesel motors will run way better deleted than plugged up.

hybrid3.0

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JGC
Newb question: what is a 'diesel delete' on a JL?

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I'm in this for the LONG haul. If none of the rules change, would it be legal to do a "delete" once the rig hits 25years old?
No it’s not legal to EGR delete after 25 years. 25 years from now emissions restrictions will be more strict, not less.

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
After fours years of ownership of a new diesel, you are subject to an emissions to get your registration ( I see you’re from CO too.) And I agree with Chocolate Thunder above in that they will only become more strict.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Do the delete, and save the parts that are taken off. That way, if the Eco-Nazi's become strict, with the yearly inspection, you can just put it back on.
In Texas, I havent heard of anyone sniffing the exhaust, or caring if the engine(Diesels) looks tampered with.
Me, I'm keeping my 2006 Dodge 2500 with a Cummins engine. This was the last year before the Eco-Nazi's forced EGR and DPF on the diesels. It was also the last year for reliable stock diesels.
Oh, my diesel is also easy to work on, because it isnt choked with tubing and wires, in the engine compartment.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
Do the delete, and save the parts that are taken off. That way, if the Eco-Nazi's become strict, with the yearly inspection, you can just put it back on.
In Texas, I havent heard of anyone sniffing the exhaust, or caring if the engine(Diesels) looks tampered with.
Me, I'm keeping my 2006 Dodge 2500 with a Cummins engine. This was the last year before the Eco-Nazi's forced EGR and DPF on the diesels. It was also the last year for reliable stock diesels.
Oh, my diesel is also easy to work on, because it isnt choked with tubing and wires, in the engine compartment.
I’ve been on a hunt for the last of the 06/07 5.9 or 06/07 LBZ. Prices are insane for something that isn’t best to shit.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I’ve been on a hunt for the last of the 06/07 5.9 or 06/07 LBZ. Prices are insane for something that isn’t best to shit.
180,000 miles on mine, and it looks excellent. 4x4 shortbed, inferno red. I fire it up, and drive it every once in a while, usually to the gym and back. I only live 2 miles from my work, and it isnt good on diesels for those short trips. . Before, it was almost all highway miles to work and back. Its been babied.
I have no idea what they are worth now.

Sponsored

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
In 25 years, we wouldn't be allowed to drive. Apple, Google and Tesla etc. will be the manufacturers and AI will be driving the cars.

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly 16JK Willys, now 21JL Rubicon
But your diesel wouldn’t have to adhere to the emissions laws of the current year. You would only be liable for the emissions laws active for the year of your vehicle. At least that’s how it is currently. Then again we don’t know what new laws Green Deal libtards are introducing.
“Is it Illegal to Delete EGR?
EGR delete is declared illegal in all 50 states in America. Primarily because an EGR delete leads to pollution. It’s mandatory for all streetcars to meet current emission regulations that govern the engine use of today set by the Federal Government. You must also know that if you fail to meet the standards and if there’s an emissions component alteration, the penalty for that can cost you thousands.”

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
“Is it Illegal to Delete EGR?
EGR delete is declared illegal in all 50 states in America. Primarily because an EGR delete leads to pollution. It’s mandatory for all streetcars to meet current emission regulations that govern the engine use of today set by the Federal Government. You must also know that if you fail to meet the standards and if there’s an emissions component alteration, the penalty for that can cost you thousands.”
Do current emission laws apply to 25+ year old diesels? Huh news to me. Thanks for stating the obvious via google.

to clarify for you, my post meant emission laws in 25 years will be far more advanced and restricted compared to now and at some point we may see Diesel engines be obsolete for most owners/ uses. And unless they’re grandfathered in as CT loosely stated, then yeah those new emission laws could be left for interpretation. I’m pretty sure I never said EGR deletes are legal. But thanks:clap:

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
If I had a diesel I would wait until my power train warranty runs out and then rip it out. I live in Florida so we don’t do inspections

Dieselfumes57

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I plan on removing that junk once warranty is out. As complicated as the emissions are on this Jeep I’ll be lucky to make it thru the powertrain warranty
Sponsored