Sponsored

Diesel: Legally delete after 25years

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I think wanting to pollute anything is immature and irresponsible. The coal rolling pickups, dumping oil on the ground, deleting smog equipment, etc. it all says you don’t care about your family, your friends, fellow citizens and any others. It’s all about you and your very small world.
I dont think anyone mentioned liking.coal rolling pickups, or dumping oil on the ground. Just deleting the smog equip. on diesels. If you are so anti-polution anything, then perhaps you shouldnt be driving your JLU. You should be riding a bike, or walking. All of the sudden, your hypocritical world is getting smaller, isnt it???
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I think wanting to pollute anything is immature and irresponsible. The coal rolling pickups, dumping oil on the ground, deleting smog equipment, etc. it all says you don’t care about your family, your friends, fellow citizens and any others. It’s all about you and your very small world.
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel: Legally delete after 25years virtue-signaling-op-attempts-to-assert-superiority-by-casting-aspersion-on-the-prefered-amusem

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Is it Illegal to Delete EGR?
EGR delete is declared illegal in all 50 states in America. Primarily because an EGR delete leads to pollution. It’s mandatory for all streetcars to meet current emission regulations that govern the engine use of today set by the Federal Government. You must also know that if you fail to meet the standards and if there’s an emissions component alteration, the penalty for that can cost you thousands.”
I'd rather pay the feds $25,000 and drive around an illegal unregistered vehicle in Texas than have my 3.0 die at 300,000 miles and have to spend $70,000 to buy a new "Eco-Friendly" JLU. I'm far enough into the countryside at this point, The only time I see police are the last 3 miles of my drive to work. The local PD and their three vehicles have better things to do than look under my JLU. :LOL:

I don't know but you guys, but I plan on keeping my 3.0 diesel alive for at least 25 years, if not more. I don't care if it's completely different engine at that point. Worst case scenario I just replaced it with a diesel crate engine, or something I rebuilt out of a scrap yard depending on diesel laws at that point.

I don't see Texas putting in a statewide sniff test. There's only a handful of counties out of the 200+ counties here that actually have a sniff test.
Also you have to understand the federal transportation law for 25-year-old vehicles is basically stating that a 25-year-old vehicle can't and won't typically meet current emissions laws. That's why 25-year-old vehicles (in every state that I know of) don't have to pass an emissions test. So really just comes down to, do you think you'll get caught at some point. I guarantee you the EPA has better things to do than hunt down Jim Bob and his deleted DEF/EGR.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Tell me you have no idea about deletes without telling me you have no idea. This is the copy pasta from the ignorant. There are clean tunes available, it's just the coal rollers got more attention because of their desire to dump fuel and look cool. We all think it looks ridiculous. Do a delete and proper clean tune and your diesel will last a lot longer and cause less pollution than the eco warrior wagons require to be built.

Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Tell me you have no idea about deletes without telling me you have no idea. This is the copy pasta from the ignorant. There are clean tunes available, it's just the coal rollers got more attention because of their desire to dump fuel and look cool. We all think it looks ridiculous. Do a delete and proper clean tune and your diesel will last a lot longer and cause less pollution than the eco warrior wagons require to be built.
tell me which way a person votes without telling me. :LOL::CWL:

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
I certainly wouldn't wait 25 years.....at best I would just wait until the powertrain warranty is up. Here in TN you can pretty much drive whatever you want on the road (I've seen some things man). I doubt anyone would even notice much less care about a diesel delete. Im not sure how diesel audits work, so I guess that is something to consider.
Basically in 25 years I think you will be hard pressed to even find diesel fuel if things continue on the same path in this hellscape we now call America.

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

I certainly wouldn't wait 25 years.....at best I would just wait until the powertrain warranty is up. Here in TN you can pretty much drive whatever you want on the road (I've seen some things man). I doubt anyone would even notice much less care about a diesel delete. Im not sure how diesel audits work, so I guess that is something to consider.
Basically in 25 years I think you will be hard pressed to even find diesel fuel if things continue on the same path in this hellscape we now call America.
Everything in America depends on diesel power, It'll be around for a long time. The whole new kumbaya and the sheep that jump on the green train to nowhere will still be waiting for kamla's electric school bus.
Sponsored