Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
West Texas Barn Find 1970 Kaiser Jeepster Commando
Vehicle Showcase
Am I still in the club? I still have the yellow can trailer...I just have to pull it with the Traverse or Jeepster for now :) I do kind of miss the JLURD and I have a Jeep sized empty spot in the garage.

IMG_2154.jpg
Sponsored

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Accessory for the yellow can trailer guys out there. Teleflex MBU V3. These are army surplus, simple to use/fix, and easy to come by. Great for boiling a lot of water fast, but a little hot for cooking. They will run all day on a couple gallons of diesel. Downsides: They are 24v (Easy to use a 12-24 converter) and they weigh about 60 pounds full of fuel.

TeleflexMBUV3.jpg

TeleflexMBUV3_Trailer.jpg

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
More info on the Teleflex MBU V3 in case anyone is interested. Intended for use in an army field kitchen trailer as part of as the heating unit for a stove/oven...so needs a grill to use standalone. I made one that fits in my spare trailer tire (stock JL steel wheel).

TeleflexMBUV3_Grate.jpg

TeleflexMBUV3_TireGrate.jpg

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
A few pictures from our latest trip to Southern Utah.

Dunes on the way into Hans Flat
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel JLU Yellow Can Club SUOT 1.JPG

Flint Trail Entry
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel JLU Yellow Can Club SUOT 2.JPG

Fun obstacle near Tea Pot Rock
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel JLU Yellow Can Club SUOT 3.JPG

Near Tea Pot Rock
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel JLU Yellow Can Club SUOT 4

Near Doll House
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel JLU Yellow Can Club SUOT 5.JPG

Stuck near Elephant Hill
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel JLU Yellow Can Club SUOT 6.JPG

Camped on the east side of La Sal mountains
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel JLU Yellow Can Club SUOT 7.JPG

Beautiful canyon down to Gateway, CO
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel JLU Yellow Can Club SUOT 8.JPG

JLUDgal1228

First Name
Candi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Sport S EcoDiesel
Just got my first Wrangler Monday and I’m thrilled! New 2020 Unlimited Sport S eco diesel. I’m already loving it! I’m a newbie so I’ll be watching here for sorts of ideas.
Rims, tires and lift are already ordered! I’ve barely had time to take many pics but I got a couple (ignore my neighbor’s hideous yard in the background)
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel JLU Yellow Can Club 6032E9C0-5FC7-45CD-8DAE-25FE1F149EB1
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel JLU Yellow Can Club A0950BCC-02A0-4DA0-8201-A3F8428E135F

Sponsored

AppleJacks23

First Name
A.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Human Resources
Vehicle Showcase
Inspired by you guys I did a thing yesterday. If you're in Texas give us a follow and join the group on FB!
TXYCJC.png

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery

Hercules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 2500 Longhorn, 2022 JLURD
Any of you guys who went up to 35s or 37s regear with the diesel? Should I? Is it worth it? I know some say its better to get back the power/pickup, but I'd worry about the increased torque on the stock axels/drivetrain. I want to go up in tire size, just debating between 35/37

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Any of you guys who went up to 35s or 37s regear with the diesel? Should I? Is it worth it? I know some say its better to get back the power/pickup, but I'd worry about the increased torque on the stock axels/drivetrain. I want to go up in tire size, just debating between 35/37
I've been on 37s & beadlocks for about 17k miles now, no regear. Just under 115 lbs per corner (~70ish stock). Wouldn't go back. I still average mid-20s mileage and feel like there is plenty of torque & "go" even living at ~5000' and most of my driving above that. I tow somewhat regularly, and still happy with the performance. I'm in 8th gear on the highway without issue. I'd say 4.10 would be ideal, but close enough to 3.73 stock that I couldn't justify the expense/hastle of regearing.

Hercules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been on 37s & beadlocks for about 17k miles now, no regear. Just under 115 lbs per corner (~70ish stock). Wouldn't go back. I still average mid-20s mileage and feel like there is plenty of torque & "go" even living at ~5000' and most of my driving above that. I tow somewhat regularly, and still happy with the performance. I'm in 8th gear on the highway without issue. I'd say 4.10 would be ideal, but close enough to 3.73 stock that I couldn't justify the expense/hastle of regearing.
Thanks for the response. I just picked up my JLURD yesterday, and I'm stuck in that classic 35 v 37 debate we JLs get into now. I was curious what I could get away with since I'm a diesel and we seem to have torque to spare

Sponsored

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Running Icons with 37s 12.50 R17 Milestar Patagonias on my JLUAD Torque and Power to spare. Hit 8th gear most of the time on the highway. Mid to low 20's mpg. Would never consider 4.10 or greater. Not needed, waste of money in my opinion. Next move would be Dana Prorock 44 with ARB lockers. One peace design up front vs the new JL two oem design for better mpg (no bueno just 1 MPG better for big brother) IMO. Had a gasser in previous JK re gear was a must. Not here my friend. One more reason it was worth every penny for the diesel upgrade. Not sure if it's still available or even an option with the diesel (the heavy-duty brakes, usually found with the OEM 20" wheels) would be a decent upgrade and value with the larger heavier tire and spinning mass.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
I don't plan to run anything larger than the 37's I have now. If I don't FUBAR the axles I will not regear.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Thanks for the response. I just picked up my JLURD yesterday, and I'm stuck in that classic 35 v 37 debate we JLs get into now. I was curious what I could get away with since I'm a diesel and we seem to have torque to spare
Congrats on the new Jeep!

I was able to fit my 37s without a lift and even wheel it some, though it would slightly rub on the back of the rear fender liner in front of the bumper when flexed. A little rub at full steering lock up front, too. With 2.5" lift I only have slight contact at the top of the fenders at very full flex, but I choose to run less bump stop spacer anyway.

35s fit without any issue. Probably won't notice much difference in how the Jeep feels to drive either.

Not sure if a consideration, but the price difference between 35 and 37 seems to be about $50/tire now. There's also the availability question.

Hercules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on the new Jeep!

I was able to fit my 37s without a lift and even wheel it some, though it would slightly rub on the back of the rear fender liner in front of the bumper when flexed. A little rub at full steering lock up front, too. With 2.5" lift I only have slight contact at the top of the fenders at very full flex, but I choose to run less bump stop spacer anyway.

35s fit without any issue. Probably won't notice much difference in how the Jeep feels to drive either.

Not sure if a consideration, but the price difference between 35 and 37 seems to be about $50/tire now. There's also the availability question.
Price isn't too much of an impact right now. I'm just trying to consider what tire size to start out with which won't damage/impact the drive train issue. I'm sure I'll take a minor hit to MPG, but I'm no where near concerned about the power/torque turning 35s or 37s as compare to our gas brothers. I just didn't want to prematurely run into any mechanical issues. I'm not expecting any hard core wheeling, but more daily driving/weekend trails.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Don't think you'll have any issues either way. Maybe ball joints eventually?
Sponsored