Not open for further replies.

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
Man.....that diesel is a great engine but they're crushing you guys with the price of diesel fuel. $6.29 this morning. I can get get regular fuel around $3.75 near my workplace. What gives with diesel???
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Per the U.S. Energy Information Administration:
  • Demand for diesel fuel and other distillate fuel oils has been relatively high, especially in Europe, China, India, and the United States.
  • The transition to less polluting, lower-sulfur diesel fuels in the United States affected diesel fuel production and distribution costs.
  • The federal excise tax for on-highway diesel fuel of 24.3 cents per gallon is 6 cents per gallon higher than the federal excise tax on gasoline.

Deleted member 35398

Per the U.S. Energy Information Administration:
  • Demand for diesel fuel and other distillate fuel oils has been relatively high, especially in Europe, China, India, and the United States.
  • The transition to less polluting, lower-sulfur diesel fuels in the United States affected diesel fuel production and distribution costs.
  • The federal excise tax for on-highway diesel fuel of 24.3 cents per gallon is 6 cents per gallon higher than the federal excise tax on gasoline.
.......................and production is much lower.

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
Makes choosing the Diesel engine a tough choice. Between the price of the engine, more expensive maintenance, Def fluid, and now, price of diesel fuel, the extra mpg will never cover the cost. It's gotta strictly because you want that big torque.

Sponsored

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
$6.19 in my town. Unreal.
Currently the price of diesel in the San Diego area ranges from $6.25 to over $7.50 per gallon. Also come the first of the month, fuel taxes will increase. At our level there's not a lot we can do, except drive slower and conserve fuel. It is always interesting to watch people in big diesel pickups going very fast uphill and knowing that they are blowing through fuel like it was free. By slowing down I went from 21 mpg to 25 on the wrangler and from 24 mpg to close to 35 on the GC diesel. Unfortunately I fully expect diesel prices to increase.

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve budgeted my Semi's at 6$ for years and have rolled over the leftovers in to my fleet expansion fund but that has flipped as of lately.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Made a road trip from CO to VT and back and saw $5.79 for regular unleaded and $7.79 for diesel--both in New York.

Beyond crazy...

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
My yard fuel prices here in Ontario, Canada, pre tax.
$1.99 CDN per litre.
$7.53 CDN per U.S. gallon, or $5.87 USD per U.S. gallon.
$9.03 CDN per IMP gallon, or $7.05 USD per IMP gallon.
For final pump price add 13% HST (tax).

As for the root of the problem ... Wendover Productions has an excellent video on the current high costs of petroleum distillates.

kj11

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport Altitude
Man.....that diesel is a great engine but they're crushing you guys with the price of diesel fuel. $6.29 this morning. I can get get regular fuel around $3.75 near my workplace. What gives with diesel???
Where do you work? I $4.29 yesterday at the Mobil on Tower Hill next to where Chen's used to be...

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Makes choosing the Diesel engine a tough choice.
No it doesn't. The only people who believe the diesel is about fuel cost / economy buy gas vehicles. Diesel owners bought it for the torque curve.

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Hydro Blue JULRD
Occupation
Systems Administrator
No it doesn't. The only people who believe the diesel is about fuel cost / economy buy gas vehicles. Diesel owners bought it for the torque curve.
Torque curve
That comforting diesel chatter
The pleasant urea smell in the air....
ok maybe not that last one

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Make hay while the sun shines, I threw in the towel and got an EV.
Not sure how long this federal tax credit of 7500 and PA state rebate of 750 [NJ is upto 5000] are going to last with a national record debt of 30 trillion.

Status
Not open for further replies.