First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

All -

My diesel heater came with an adequate hose, but it's rather inflexible and the inside of it seems almost paper-based (the exterior is coated). I'm wondering if anyone knows offhand of a more flexible solution that I'd be less concerned to get wet in the wild.
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I feel your pain. I use this, it’s not super durable, and smells of hot plastic the first few uses, but it does work. I’m still on the hunt for a better solution, but this works well enough until I find something better. Also it’s $15 shipped 🤷‍♂️

3Inch Flexible Ducting Hose 16.5 feet Black Aluminum Ducting Dryer Vent Hose with 2 Screw Clamps for Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC), Boat Blower, Exhaust Grow Tents https://a.co/d/4k3TLue

r.stevens

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I got a very similar one but it was only 8 feet in length.

I have a question about the clean air intake hose (the one that is like 1 inch or 25 mm in diameter). I read somewhere that the unit will not have to work as hard if that hose is placed inside the space that you are heating (instead of pulling in the cold outside air). Any truth to this? If so should I extend that hose as well?

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
Reviving a dead thread.

I’m curious if anyone has experimented with more hose options.

I’m using a 3” x8ft aluminum collapsible ducting.

I’d like to use crushproof exhaust hose (like auto shops use for exhaust) but it will take up more space
Sponsored