Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

$3.99.9 for diesel yesterday just over the Texas border, down here in Galveston @ $4.03…most I paid was $5.09 in Ga, on I 10, 2 day’s ago
Diesel's going for a little under $5/gallon here. Regular is under $3/gallon.

It's almost like there is more demand than supply for diesel, keeping the price significantly higher than gas. Demand greater than supply? Some people might consider that to be an indication of a shortage, but we've learned in this thread that there's obviously no shortage, just significantly higher prices than similar commodities.
Sponsored

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
I use the TSD fuel card for my RV. Today the price is 3.74 at my local truck stop. Much better than the 5+ a few months ago and definintly a better hit on the wallet when I fill the 100 gallon tank. Local stations are still 4.50 for Diesel so I need to figure out how to fill the jeep at the high speed pumps.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
I use the TSD fuel card for my RV. Today the price is 3.74 at my local truck stop. Much better than the 5+ a few months ago and definintly a better hit on the wallet when I fill the 100 gallon tank. Local stations are still 4.50 for Diesel so I need to figure out how to fill the jeep at the high speed pumps.
In the back with the jack is an adapter funnel. Just be careful with how fast you're filling as it will splash back.

Alternatively you can remove the pump discriminator. There's a couple of threads on how to do that.

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
I had to do a 500 mile road trip three days ago. It was supposed to be snowing heavy where I would end up, so I had to choose a vehicle to take that was sure to make it there and back on snow covered highways. I could have taken either the JLUR 392 XR or our Ram 3500. I took the 392 because fuel cost would be less. It was $1.50 a gallon more for diesel than it was for premium unleaded ($5.89 vs $4.39). That is pretty bad for the diesel pickup crowd when a 392 burning premium is cheaper to drive than a standard diesel pickup truck.

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Thank you Tucker on Fox for alerting us to this shortage. For those who are unaware; we are now out of diesel fuel.
Not that I care, as stated before, I drive a gas vehicle. I was laughing today as I fueled up and the guy at the diesel pump was wringing the hose trying to get a drop of fuel out of it.
So long suckers!

Sponsored

JL Diesel

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 JL Diesel Sport S
Thank you Tucker on Fox for alerting us to this shortage. For those who are unaware; we are now out of diesel fuel.
Not that I care, as stated before, I drive a gas vehicle. I was laughing today as I fueled up and the guy at the diesel pump was wringing the hose trying to get a drop of fuel out of it.
So long suckers!
Did Fox Fear-mongering at 5pm also talk about how everyone is tied to diesel fuel so you are just as screwed as the next person if there were an actual shortage?

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Diesel update: I filled up at $4.19! I was told it was going to be much higher for sure, and their source was "trust me bro." In other news, I completed another passive regen and am almost at 50% so will have to go fight the masses for the last bottle of DEF in someone's dream.

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
Don't you have gas stations with a DEF pump right next to the diesel pump? If you do it is much cheaper and easier than buying the bottles.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Don't you have gas stations with a DEF pump right next to the diesel pump? If you do it is much cheaper and easier than buying the bottles.
I prefer HEB, but they don't have the DEF at the pump :(

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I believe it was about that or a little lower.
Supply and demand has a significant impact on that. The supply of gas has increased to meet the demand.

The supply of diesel, however, still isn't sufficient to meet demand. The result? Higher prices. Some people might call that a shortage, especially if we have to cut deeply into our reserves to attempt to mitigate it.

Fortunately the market is responding (via greed) by increasing production. The result is that we're actually seeing an increase in oil inventories.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Supply and demand has a significant impact on that. The supply of gas has increased to meet the demand.

The supply of diesel, however, still isn't sufficient to meet demand. The result? Higher prices. Some people might call that a shortage, especially if we have to cut deeply into our reserves to attempt to mitigate it.

Fortunately the market is responding (via greed) by increasing production. The result is that we're actually seeing an increase in oil inventories.
Yea we’ve talked about it briefly in my gov’t class, teacher used to teach economics and before that was an accounting guy. He’s interesting to get on tangents about this stuff. His ideas would have this thread on lock lol.

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
So long suckers!
Please stay in the shallow end of the gene pool.