Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
@gsbrockman that’s really cool info thanks for sharing! Good to see the new truck is a little more fuel efficient.
It is a bit more fuel efficient......with the main thing being the 2019+ 4WD 4500’s and 5500’s now have CAD.

The regen strategy is also better (there’s a bit more DEF usage, but much less EGR).

The 2018 RAM 4500 had 4.10’s......the 2022 RAM 5500 has 4.44’s. They’re a big improvement based on my total GCW’s that I run. It will shift into 6th gear in as little as 35 mph empty.
Sponsored

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Considering the farming, oil and gas, banking, housing, auto, etc. industries are all heavily subsidized, I’m not sure where your point is.
The point is, this Green Energy isn't economical. And the states that want to push it, are all for it, as long as it isn't in their back yard. Hypocrisy. Someone has to pay for all these government subsidies, and it is the working people that pay, through taxes.
That's my point. Try reading Atlas Shrugged.

kakwvu

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
The point is, this Green Energy isn't economical. And the states that want to push it, are all for it, as long as it isn't in their back yard. Hypocrisy. Someone has to pay for all these government subsidies, and it is the working people that pay, through taxes.
Actually you posted zero information to show that it isn’t, you’re just posting feelings and talking points with zero data points.

The ones pushing it have it. Ones not pushing or have it. It’s weird how utility bills go down when a renewable form (hydroelectric, wind, solar, or even nuclear) go down and you quit hearing about it. The Midwest is FILLED with panels and wind power. You don’t see solar in the north because there’s less useable light, which makes them geographically less feasible. The south? It’s fantastic. Hawaii is generating so much that they plan to be completely renewable in the near future off of solar and wind.

I’m not going to change your mind though. No facts will. Peace.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually you posted zero information to show that it isn’t, you’re just posting feelings and talking points with zero data points.

The ones pushing it have it. Ones not pushing or have it. It’s weird how utility bills go down when a renewable form (hydroelectric, wind, solar, or even nuclear) go down and you quit hearing about it. The Midwest is FILLED with panels and wind power. You don’t see solar in the north because there’s less useable light, which makes them geographically less feasible. The south? It’s fantastic. Hawaii is generating so much that they plan to be completely renewable in the near future off of solar and wind.

Since when did the Granola Munchers start considering Nuclear as green??
Nuclear is all good, as long as it is.designed well.
Hydroelectric is good, in certain places. It can be harmful in the wrong places.
But, we are getting way off the diesel fuel shortage issue.

Sponsored

FCCinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Since when did the Granola Munchers start considering Nuclear as green??
Nuclear is all good, as long as it is.designed well.
Hydroelectric is good, in certain places. It can be harmful in the wrong places.
But, we are getting way off the diesel fuel shortage issue.
Oh, this thread was about a diesel fuel shortage?

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Fuel prices went from $4.69 up to $4.99 as I drove North. Almost like clockwork, drive an hour, add 10 cents. Granted, I went 287 to 81 (not up 35) so maybe a more rural thing.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
I saw the three-part series on Amazon Prime. Nicely done but I didn't like the actors changing. It made it hard to follow the story and be as connected with it with a new set of actors.

Sponsored

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
You’re just doing your part to help the economy. Now pay my student loan!!!🤣🤣
Sorry.....you‘re schitttttttttt outtttta luck.

My wife and I are currently cash flowing our daughter through college in a nursing program. Three more semesters......and we can start blowing some more money on ourselves.

If nothing else......hopefully she’ll be appreciative of the fact she can hit the job market wide open and not have a payment book for her education waiting on her!!!!

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not political.
But, it was just announced yesterday, that there will be "No more drilling" for oil.
Also, two days ago, it was announced that coal plants across the country will all be shut down, and we will be relying on wind and solar energy.
What do you think is about to happen, to the cost of oil, diesel, gas, electricity, food, and everything else?
Well, I do have several bicycles, and some good shoes. Time to put them to work.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer

Just for the record Nuc does not really fit in the renewable drawer.

data as of February 2022

Fossil fuels (total)2,50460.8%
Natural gas1,57538.3%
Coal89921.8%
Petroleum (total)190.5%
Petroleum liquids110.3%
Petroleum coke70.2%
Other gases3110.3%
Nuclear77818.9%
Renewables (total)82620.1%
Wind3809.2%
Hydropower2606.3%
Solar (total)1152.8%
Photovoltaic1122.8%
Solar thermal30.1%
Biomass (total)551.3%
Wood370.9%
Landfill gas100.2%
Municipal solid waste (biogenic)60.2%
Other biomass waste20.1%
Geothermal160.4%
Pumped storage hydropower4-5-0.1%
Other sources5120.3%

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3

You are correct in calling renewable because it is and there lies the rub. The fact that it is renewable means what? If you said that means you need to renew (BUY $$$$$$) about every 20 years or less you would be right.

I have several solar implementations on the ranch, it works and works WELL. So almost 12 years ago I went Solar, the day I did I saved an immediate $3000 buck, that day. You see that the bid to run electric grid power down to my main gate. SO I bought a $50 buck Solar panel and a Wal Mart 12 v batter for $50 buck and the gates opened. Then about 10 years later I learned it was renewable as it failed and I bought another $50 panel and $50 battery from Wal Mart.

Now that you know what renewable is, wait till you replace the battery bank and panel in a home. My main gate is used about 2 x day x 365, but a home is in use all day every day.

Renewable is just buying Deja vu aka Ground Hog Day over and over agin...