Diesel Fuel Shortage

First Name
Mark & Misty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Ford F350
How about this idea???
How about the US build there own refineries and pump oil from government owned land, do it on a low profit basis. This would make the competition have to lower prices to sell there gas to Americans..
This would help control price gouging by big oil!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
How about this idea???
How about the US build there own refineries and pump oil from government owned land, do it on a low profit basis. This would make the competition have to lower prices to sell there gas to Americans..
This would help control price gouging by big oil!!!
Sounds great, except anything the U.S.Government builds usually costs 10x more than the private sector. You have to grease the palms of the crooks in charge. The "Big Guy" always gets his cut.

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of fuel prices in general - back when I had a dually and big camper Loveā€™s weā€™re my go to. Now they seem to be the most expensive places on the road.

Truck drivers/RVersā€¦ are yā€™all using them or avoiding them?
I run hotshot in a 2022 RAM 5500. I have an EFS fuel card.

The card has given me some great fuel discounts in the past off the posted fuel prices at T/A and Petro, and some mediocre discounts at Loveā€™s.

For about the last four or five months....the discounts at T/A and Petro have went to schittttt on average. In the past I have received between $1.06 to $1.08 off per gallon; nowadays, depending on location, I might be lucky to get anywhere from a $0.15 to $0.35 per gallon discount off their prices.

At Loveā€™s......itā€™s always been a straight $0.28/gallon discount anywhere and everywhere....it never fluctuates.

About 6 months ago..when I started seeing a slight trend in schittttttty discounts with the EFS card, I looked into the Mudflap app. As of lately....I find that I use it as much, if not more, than my EFS card.

For those other times when I can take advantage of some cash deals....I keep about $1,500 in cash on me during the week.

Below is my current lifetime fuel purchased on my previous 2018 RAM 4500
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Fuel Shortage 00F1D8BE-A7CE-4FE1-97ED-F2DB1F69B02D

And my current 2022 RAM 5500...
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Fuel Shortage 0520731A-C662-4220-9545-BF35DD1A73FD

Fuel is my biggest expense......so everything I can do helps my bottom line.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Our house is all electric: range, water heater, clothes dryer and, critically, a heat pump for heat and A/C. That was a choice that, frankly, is now paying dividends (although I don't mean for that to sound like a boast.) With careful use and our Time of Day electronic meter, our monthly bill is $140ish. I could reduce that number considerably, or even eliminate it, with solar roof panels, but I have a few issues with that technology that aren't relevant to this thread.

Family members who live in a nearby county heat their own homes with natural gas, or fuel oil. They're the folks who are really taking one for the team right now.
One caveat is the cost that will be incurred to improve our very out if date infrastructure to address the massive electricity transmission loss and inability to move electricity across the country. Currently 14% of all solar/wind green electricity is sold at $0 since they canā€™t transport it. Utility pricing of electricity could double or triple over the next decade, which is why I am looking at solar now with the 30% credit from IRA.

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
@gsbrockman thatā€™s really cool info thanks for sharing! Good to see the new truck is a little more fuel efficient.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
I have no fear of running out of diesel, but I am getting irritated by the price increases in the last week (not withstanding the overall increase on fuel in general). I paid 5.29 for fuel this weekend and saw it as high as 5.39 here in East TN.
The North East will get hit hard as the cold weather rolls in and people start filling up their heating oil tanks!

kakwvu

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
One caveat is the cost that will be incurred to improve our very out if date infrastructure to address the massive electricity transmission loss and inability to move electricity across the country. Currently 14% of all solar/wind green electricity is sold at $0 since they canā€™t transport it. Utility pricing of electricity could double or triple over the next decade, which is why I am looking at solar now with the 30% credit from IRA.
This was a major component of the power transmission courses I took for my second degree; there just arenā€™t enough transmission lines bc people donā€™t want them on their property (but the government can eminent domain anything else?) and the power is grounded out. We generate a ton of renewables, we just canā€™t get it to market.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Sponsored

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This guy appears the be seeing issues in small town NC.

Wait until the first good cold snap hits in the NE. Groceries or Heating Oil(Diesel), both way way too expensive. . I think Granny is going to be hungry and cold.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This was a major component of the power transmission courses I took for my second degree; there just arenā€™t enough transmission lines bc people donā€™t want them on their property (but the government can eminent domain anything else?) and the power is grounded out. We generate a ton of renewables, we just canā€™t get it to market.
I remember Massachusetts bitching, because they didn't want Wind Turbines, offshore. It would ruin their scenery. Not sure that wind energy is even economical, if you take away all the government subsidies, costs, and maintenance

kakwvu

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I remember Massachusetts bitching, because they didn't want Wind Turbines, offshore. It would ruin their scenery. Not sure that wind energy is even economical, if you take away all the government subsidies, costs, and maintenance
Considering the farming, oil and gas, banking, housing, auto, etc. industries are all heavily subsidized, Iā€™m not sure where your point is.

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Fellas, itā€™s my fault.

Itā€™s because as usual, prices have to shoot up right when Iā€™m ready to fill up all 65 gallons in my F-350. Well, truck needs fuel today! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜«
You got an AUX tank on that F 350?
Sponsored