First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Looks like it....I saw that too. Now for pricing...my guess is 4k just for the motor upgrade.

dblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK
Vehicle Showcase
Without knowing the specifics of this engine, what are some general reasons someone choose the diesel over the other 2 engines now?

I will be in the market for a 2020.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Economy and torque....

The better economy translates into better range on stock tank which helps if overlanding or even just long distance trips.

I came from an Audi Q5 dirty diesel 3.0 which was a locomotive due to torque and a 650 mile highway range. So my JL feels like short legs with a 350 range on a full tank....

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Well that confirms I won’t be ordering a diesel so no need to wait for the 20s. I’m getting a manual. Unfortunate b/c that was the only reason I’d wait to order a 20 was if I could get a manual diesel.

Sponsored

GeneralSin

First Name
Pepe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Scrambler, Triumph Street Triple 765RS, Subie Forester XT
Han Solo said “Never tell me the odds”

;-)

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
November deliveries would align with previously suspected late Summer orders, but I’d love to know who their sources are considering EPA diesel emissions certification is probably less certain for the FCA brands than any other manufacturer.

Also, anyone else notice they put the DEF tank behind the rear axle and changed the exhaust configuration?
upload_2019-5-6_20-19-55.jpeg

Current exhaust setup...

upload_2019-5-6_20-23-31.jpeg

3.0 exhaust setup.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
November deliveries would align with previously suspected late Summer orders, but I’d love to know who their sources are considering EPA diesel emissions certification is probably less certain for the FCA brands than any other manufacturer.

Also, anyone else notice they put the DEF tank behind the rear axle and changed the exhaust configuration?
upload_2019-5-6_20-19-55.jpeg

Current exhaust setup...

upload_2019-5-6_20-23-31.jpeg

3.0 exhaust setup.
Wow, if that's the def tank it hangs really low. That would for sure drag as even with the 3.6 on easy trails there have been a few places my bumper barely made it. That seems like it is chewing into the departure angle.

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Wow, if that's the def tank it hangs really low. That would for sure drag as even with the 3.6 on easy trails there have been a few places my bumper barely made it. That seems like it is chewing into the departure angle.
It does look low but drawing a line from the contact patch to the bumper doesn’t seem like it would intersect the DEF tank. It’s close enough where I’m sure the aftermarket will be providing much more robust protection than that bracket. Won’t be an issue for those who eventually delete it along with the DPF and EGR, assuming the emissions controller can be worked.

makumozosd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0T
I've been waiting for the 3.0D JL and it finally seems eminent. Torque, Range, and economy please! If they delayed this any longer I would of pulled the trigger on a 2.0T. Glad to see we *should* be able to order a 3.0D in a couple months

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I have seen many drag the muffler and tailpipe on the 3.6, and whatever that is hanging down in back where the muffler would be is lower than the current lowest point. It is like the JT with the spare tire under there. When going down a ledge, that is going to hit. True I am sure aftermarket will make a skid, but that will be a new low spot that gets hung up. I am still interested in the 3.0, but knowing how I plan to use my Rubicon, that would be less than ideal. Now for long trips etc, can't be beat.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Without knowing the specifics of this engine, what are some general reasons someone choose the diesel over the other 2 engines now?

I will be in the market for a 2020.
I own 2 diesels right now...Gas mileage on a diesel usually is better, the torque is 442 Lbs which is pretty darn good. Not to mention diesels last longer than gasoline engines. I keep vehicles for 10 or more years. I have a Chevy Silverado and Mercedes ML-350 Blutec. I have a chip on my truck and get 21 MPG on the highway and have tons of additional power if needed. I love the idea of a Wrangler with a diesel and have been waiting to order one...I am will to wait and look forward to overlanding in one.

signals34

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
they have to put a def system in that small of a diesel engine?....thought it was just for the big rigs...thats another added expense, and hassle....def is messy and clogs very quickly....
Sponsored