KnG818

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
No he's just being obtuse, which is his MO.
Would love to see that beautiful Jeep of yours...how come never post any pictures of it?

...let's see it
Sponsored

OP
OP
KnG818

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
yeah we will... especially the ones that upsize their tires. A lot of people that go for the bigger tires end up regearing.
Good point on tire size..very good point

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I've never known a 3.6 JL to struggle as far as "crawling" . Theres only so much grip the tires can apply to the ROCK before power or torque because pointless.

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
He's not new. He was banned a few weeks back and created another account. Same stuff different day.
Yep, the crap he was spouting about the Gladiator is almost identical.

OP
OP
KnG818

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
What's with the aggression from someone who joined Thursday?
Me and @word302 are best friends, we have history.

I love it when someone brings up how old an account is like it matters....what's your point?

No aggression here dude...if anything I was called obtuse if you go back a read.

OP
OP
KnG818

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
He's not new. He was banned a few weeks back and created another account. Same stuff different day.
Seriously dude? Just gonna throw me to the wolves like that...I mean no harm. Not my fault you suck.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The biggest advantages the 3.0 will hold off-road are range (a huge factor for folks like myself in AK who can find 800-mile runs off pavement), and tackling more terrain in 4H when the 3.6 and 2.0 would be locked in 4L. Almost every journalist who drove the 3.0 commented on this. Regardless of your type of wheeling, less T-case shifts are a welcome upside.
Yep, I don't disagree. That said, the times I'm in 4 low, I need to be in 4 low, regardless. I guess it depends on the type of terrain you are tackling. Most terrain where I could be in 4 hi, I'm honestly not even in 4wd. I don't think it would be a game changer for me, personally.

For me, with my driving style, towing and range would be where the big advantages really lie. It isn't going to go through or over an obstacle that the two gas powertrains can't overcome. It might in some circumstances do it with less skill or effort required, but it won't go where the others can't.

I think it will have more impact for the guys with the gargantuan builds or the ones that pile the weight on their Jeeps. The more weight you put on it, with skids, bumpers, gear, etc., the more advantage the diesel will have. I think that's where it will really shine.

I think it will be a great engine, just as the 2.0 has turned out to be.

These are the golden years for Jeeps, right now. They've got the best engine and transmission choices, ever, IMHO.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
There will be no issues with the transmission "keeping up". First, it's already been paired with the ecodiesel since 2014 and there is no issues with first gear. Second, it's in cars that are way faster than an ecodiesel that would need to shift way faster, again no issues. This is a high quality ZF transmission and not a FCA copy. This transmission is in everything from Rolls Royce's to BMW and Audis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_8HP_transmission#Applications
I'm familiar with the ZF-8HP50, as this is the third vehicle in my direct family with the transmission. I also know that the way it's programmed in the JL sucks in comparison to other cars (specifically BMW). I have no doubt that the transmission itself is capable of awesome quick shifts, but in the JL they always seem to be a bit lacking and sluggish (not compared to a JK, but compared to other ZF 8-speeds).

My thought is that the transmission would have less time between gears than a 2.0 or 3.6. Ever put your JL in 4-Low and go WOT? In the Rubicon, there is no possible way the transmission can shift fast enough. The 3.0 obviously isn't that bad, but it's trending in that direction. These faster cars you mention also don't redline first gear at 23 MPH like the 3.0 JLUR will.

OP
OP
KnG818

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
I'm familiar with the ZF-8HP50, as this is the third vehicle in my direct family with the transmission. I also know that the way it's programmed in the JL sucks in comparison to other cars (specifically BMW). I have no doubt that the transmission itself is capable of awesome quick shifts, but in the JL they always seem to be a bit lacking and sluggish (not compared to a JK, but compared to other ZF 8-speeds).

My thought is that the transmission would have less time between gears than a 2.0 or 3.6. Ever put your JL in 4-Low and go WOT? In the Rubicon, there is no possible way the transmission can shift fast enough. The 3.0 obviously isn't that bad, but it's trending in that direction. These faster cars you mention also don't redline first gear at 23 MPH like the 3.0 JLUR will.
another great point...
Sponsored