Themistocles

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
I managed to take a little time this last weekend to get the AFE Momentum HD Cold Air Intake installed. I have been driving it for a few days now. General thoughts / observations, I can hear just a very slight intake whine. Not nearly as noticeable as on my Cummins (which also has an AFE on it...Cummins sounds like a deuce and half coming down the road.) I feel like I pick up just a little felt power and maybe .5 mpg. However, with the switch to 37s and reduced mpg that came with that, I am not positive.

AFE provides this:
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Build - 2020 Sting-Gray JLURD 1709760455998

From the chart above what I am noting is that at 70 mph with the 37s on I am only at about 1550 rpms...which leads me to believe that a regear may well be in my future.

Install was very easy, took about 25 minutes in my driveway with a 10mm socket, a screwdriver and a pair of wire cutters (for the single use OEM hose clamps).

Final Product:
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Build - 2020 Sting-Gray JLURD 1709760826376

Worth it...not sure yet, will see.
Sponsored

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
I managed to take a little time this last weekend to get the AFE Momentum HD Cold Air Intake installed. I have been driving it for a few days now. General thoughts / observations, I can hear just a very slight intake whine. Not nearly as noticeable as on my Cummins (which also has an AFE on it...Cummins sounds like a deuce and half coming down the road.) I feel like I pick up just a little felt power and maybe .5 mpg. However, with the switch to 37s and reduced mpg that came with that, I am not positive.

AFE provides this:

From the chart above what I am noting is that at 70 mph with the 37s on I am only at about 1550 rpms...which leads me to believe that a regear may well be in my future.

Install was very easy, took about 25 minutes in my driveway with a 10mm socket, a screwdriver and a pair of wire cutters (for the single use OEM hose clamps).

Final Product:

Worth it...not sure yet, will see.
This is one area where I would like to see if a little more power could be gained, but have not tried because of other reports of minimal gains for a steep price in return. Plus I was always hoping that they would bring out a snorkel for it. Yet I very much doubt that is going to happen. Especially since the ecodiesel was discontinued.

OP
OP
Themistocles

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
This is one area where I would like to see if a little more power could be gained, but have not tried because of other reports of minimal gains for a steep price in return. Plus I was always hoping that they would bring out a snorkel for it. Yet I very much doubt that is going to happen. Especially since the ecodiesel was discontinued.
Yeah, I think we will see a dramatic drop off in new ecodiesel products. Still think this is the best (most suited to use) engine ever put in a Wrangler, and a shame to see it go, but yeah probably very limited new products. I have held off buying an intake for exactly the same reason, but AFE had a 25 or 30% off and I finally figured I would try it. Even at that discount, still not sure it is / was worth it. If nothing else, I do like the range of new filter options I have.
Sponsored