gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Ok folks. I’m reading and reading and reading. As always, the jeep community is awesome, so how about some info for “a first time 3.0 Diesel owner, but a long time jeep owner.” Ive had a few wranglers over the years and never have i been more out of my element than with this diesel. Mind you, the only diesels i grew up with were in tractors or an old VW rabbit my step dad had. So.. to start off, what are the gotchas that I need to be monitoring, watching, listening-for, or maintaining above and beyond the normal gas guzzler? What is the “regen” and why does it warrant the investment of a whole new set of gauges (https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/thinking-of-getting-the-scanguage-ii.64403/)? I figured out the whole DEF additive, but I’m reading all about the emissions restrictions and their impact on performance (says a cyber professional who consistently forces restriction on an enterprise’s worth of laptops/desktops)? Think in terms of cause and effect here please.. thanks in advance
Sponsored

Last edited:

UTES

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Sahara, 2018 AMG GT, 2019 MB GLC
Occupation
Retired LEO
One thing about the 3.0 Diesel not talked about on this site: The Diesel warms slowly but puts out heat from the dash vents within 30 seconds. It's due to supplemental heaters feeding into the dash vents - which those of us living in Snow/Mountain country highly appreciate.

Hunter

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
One thing about the 3.0 Diesel not talked about on this site: The Diesel warms slowly but puts out heat from the dash vents within 30 seconds. It's due to supplemental heaters feeding into the dash vents - which those of us living in Snow/Mountain country highly appreciate.

Hunter
Mine warms quite rapidly here in AK with the FIA winter front (grille cover). Other than that, to the OP, get yourself a decent fuel additive like opti lube xpd...adds back the lubricity lost by taking the sulfur out of the fuel and nearly pays for itself by upping the cetane...definitely pays for itself if the fuel pumps prove to be failure risks when inadequately lubricated as they often do.
Sponsored