OP

Bomland

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2103
Badge of Honor is absolute dog shit. Empty packages, not shipping anything at all, no communication method except an email that’s likely not even monitored and never answered. They’d be better off discontinuing it altogether than luring people in then doing absolutely nothing.

I still have 6 badges that I haven’t received since as far back as May. I don’t expect to ever see them and I won’t bother checking in any longer unless they get it together.
It sucks because, sure they're a vanity item, but I've had some great conversations with other jerp owners just because of our badges. They had some from different parts of the country and it was an interesting conversation. It could add to the Jeep community if they could get their shit together.
Sponsored

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
The program is heavily flawed, but your logic is silly. Of course they’re just free trinkets. If you drove thousands of miles and did trails just for a piece of stick on plastic that’s not their fault. You wheel because you enjoy wheeling, not because of sone badge.

That said, you’re completely right that they should administer the program with some competence or discontinue it altogether. Jeep really puts their name on it for marketing, but is eerily quiet when it comes to actually following through and addressing problems. It’s completely random as to when it works as intended and when it’s useless.

I’m in the same boat as you are.
Turkey Bay 5/4/22
Poughkeepsie Gulch 9/5/22
Engineer Pass 9/5/22
Black Bear Pass 9/6/22
Ophir 9/6/22
Imogene 9/7/22
Odd, I was in Ouray a week later and I got all of my badges within 2 weeks.
Poughkeepsie
Engineer
Ophir

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Odd, I was in Ouray a week later and I got all of my badges within 2 weeks.
Poughkeepsie
Engineer
Ophir
That’s what makes it such trash. There’s no order or reason to anything. It’s not that they’re out of stock. I have some of the ones that others are still waiting on. And having no entity to address issues or even communicate.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I disagree, my logic is not flawed. The intent is to run all the badge trails. So the badge is important. I have 15 badges that I have not even put on the Jeep. Being goal oriented at times is a pain.

Just know, nobody and I mean nobody drives a thousand miles or in my case two thousand miles to run a trail like Peters Mill run because they want to run Peters Mill Run trail. The trail is just part of a bio goal. It is a six mile trail that is like a bad dirt road. You can drive a mini van down it. They travel to it specifically because it is a badge trail. There are other badges trails like that also.

For instance, I and others would travel across the country to run the Rubicon Trail even if it was not a badge trail. There are many… hundreds of non badge trails that I have run andI don’t get a badge. I run the trail because it is a cool trail. Yet there are trails that I run specifically because it is a badge trail. Like the Tread Lightly trail in Florida. Nobody would travel very far to run that trail. They only do it because it is a badge. If you say, hey drive a mile or two thousand mile and I will do this for you, honor your agreement.

To me it is a simple, say what you do and then do what you say. The badge program lacks honor just as many of the people that claim badges with out running the trail.

To give the program a pass for lacking honor in my opinion is silly. We should expect more from them and not make excuses for their poor performance.

Whiskeyrydr1

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Nuclear Power Plant, 29 years
We did Ophir, Black Bear, Imogene, and Engineer passes 9/17-19/22. Checked in on BOH and then requested the badges on the 20th. Nothing from them yet. We did Snake, Fun Run, and Rubicon Ridge in Arkansas 11/20/22 and already have the badges. WTF?
We plan on doing Northwest OHV this Saturday so will be interesting when or if we get a badge from that.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Looks like Jeep updated the Badge of Honor app with some UI updates and other tweaks, but I'm now past the 12-week expectation timeframe of a couple of badges. Contacting Jeep results in nothing but silence which appears to be the case with most people.

What [body part] do I have to [inhalation method] over at Jeep to get my badges?

OP
OP

Bomland

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2103
Looks like Jeep updated the Badge of Honor app with some UI updates and other tweaks, but I'm now past the 12-week expectation timeframe of a couple of badges. Contacting Jeep results in nothing but silence which appears to be the case with most people.

What [body part] do I have to [inhalation method] over at Jeep to get my badges?
I feel you man. Not sure where to go or what to do.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
Just found this thread - and sad to say, same thing. Three badges requested mid-September this year. After 13-14 weeks, nothing. Not a peep, despite multiple attempts to contact following their rules/suggestions in the Announcements portion of the app. And as others have already mentioned the UI upgrade - they removed the ability to see status in the app, so who knows. And one more thing... some how, for whatever reason, I magically accumulate 10pts per day - for doing nothing. Not from others liking my photos (yes, I check), not from running any more trails (until next summer) and not for my sunny disposition (trust me). I'm giving up on the whole Badge of Honor thing. When stuff like this happen if feels more like the marketing gimmick it is, with no honor what so ever. Feeling silly to have been lured into it.
Live n' learn... fool me once, etc. Sigh.

But - I have a groovy Jeep, my family is healthy and life is otherwise very, very good.
Perspective.
So, Merry Christmas everyone!

EDIT: On January 5 (today) I received a e-mail from the Badge of Honor program letting me know one (Imogene Pass) of the three requested badges is being sent via UPS, the other 2 (Ophir Pass & Engineer Pass) are backordered. So be encouraged... it seems there is someone home and they're simply working through a backlog. These requests were from September 2022, so while they do estimate 8-12 weeks, it's not that far off. There's hope yet. 🤠

Last edited:

76_iron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ5
We did Ophir, Black Bear, Imogene, and Engineer passes 9/17-19/22. Checked in on BOH and then requested the badges on the 20th. Nothing from them yet. We did Snake, Fun Run, and Rubicon Ridge in Arkansas 11/20/22 and already have the badges. WTF?
We plan on doing Northwest OHV this Saturday so will be interesting when or if we get a badge from that.
I did those same Ouray area trails, plus Poughkeepsie 9/12 - 9/16 and had all the badges by October. It's not a backorder issue.

Sponsored

Whiskeyrydr1

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Nuclear Power Plant, 29 years
I did those same Ouray area trails, plus Poughkeepsie 9/12 - 9/16 and had all the badges by October. It's not a backorder issue.
We did get to do Northwest OHV on 12/17/22 and had the badge waiting for us when we got back home yesterday from camping for the week. Sent an Email to the BOH and got a generic reply of all the issues that they have been having but nothing specific to us not getting our Colorado Badges.
Northwest OHV is a decent park with some challenging trails but they need to have a lopping day to clear out alot of the underbrush and low hanging limbs. I get it that these are trails but some of these were ridiculous.

TamTam

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Earl Grey JLURXR
Occupation
Medically retired
I have a slightly different issue with my badges. I have 6 on Karen (I named her long before the memes came out) and was in SW Colorado in Aug 19 - 21. Amazingly I submitted my claim on Aug 21 and 23. I received the badges on Aug 27 and Sept 3. Awesome delivery time...except the first delivery didn't have the badges in it. (Photos attached)

I received my little yellow envelope on Aug 27 with my morale boosting atta-boy from Jim Morrison, my installation instructions, and the order sheet (does not list anything backordered). However, there were no badges included. These badges were for Black Bear Pass and Engineer Pass, two of my family faves.

Although, on Sept 3, I received another package this time for my claim on Ophir Pass and Poughkeepsie Gulch. This time the badges were enclosed. These packages arrived within a week of each other.

It's a clear mistake, no hard feelings, but I can't get a response from Jeep. Any suggestions?

20221029_103944.jpg

Screenshot_20221029_104712_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221029_104457_BadgeofHonor.jpg

Screenshot_20221029_104712_Gallery.jpg

20221029_104014.jpg
Sorry you haven’t received your badges yet. Have you seen this?

080AC908-0FFB-47D8-97EB-027C2164727F.jpeg

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Sorry you haven’t received your badges yet. Have you seen this?

Jeep Wrangler JL Didn't receive the badges in the package mailed to me 080AC908-0FFB-47D8-97EB-027C2164727F
they don’t respond if you email them. Waiting on 5 badges from 8/4- 8/5. First and only trails I’ve done. And now I’m done with BOH, not worth stressing.

TamTam

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Earl Grey JLURXR
Occupation
Medically retired
they don’t respond if you email them. Waiting on 5 badges from 8/4- 8/5. First and only trails I’ve done. And now I’m done with BOH, not worth stressing.
Sorry.
Sponsored