Sponsored

Didn’t make it 24 hrs. Hit by trash truck.

jhnnymac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota 4Runner
Holy shit, glad you survived that my friend. I only wish the Jeep had done more damage to thar garbage truck!

Hope you and your new Jeep(s) see better days ahead

:jk::flag:
Sponsored

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
So glad you are doing well. That is one vicious hit. I was wondering if your side airbag inflated? I could not tell from the pics.

Labchic

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Medical Laboratory technician
Glad your ok. Blessed

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you are safe and sound after this accident. This is another reason why I will only purchase Jeep Wranglers for the remainder of my life. People ask me why did you spend so much money on a vehicle for when you could have purchased something alot cheaper? Well chances are I would be dead in an accident like this one if I purchased something cheaper.
You can play "what if" scenarios all day... If he had drank another cup of coffee before leaving the house, he wouldn't have had this accident. If he had taken a pee before leaving the house, he wouldn't have had the accident.

For example:
  • if a particular rainstorm hadn't happened on 3/24/90, Bush would have probably not become president when he did (if at all)
  • if Ross Perot had not run for president thus splitting the conservative vote, we wouldn't have been afflicted with 8 years of the leftist Klinton regime
  • if Ann Dunham hadn't been a skank hoe, we wouldn't have had to suffer through 8 years of an illegal squatter in the White House.
  • if the birth control pill had been invented a few years earlier or abortions had been legal back then, many of us old farts might not even be around
Summary?

Shit happens...

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I'm very happy the OP survived this. THAT is the important thing.

However, every time I get a glimpse of that thread title on the forum page, it cracks me up. "Didn't make it 24 hours. Hit by trash truck." Something about that quick title just makes me laugh out loud and spit coffee.

Anyway, I'm super happy he's still here talking about it with us. There will be lots more Jeeping to come for this guy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkwydow18

Blkwydow18

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU rubicon
4837C1FC-7593-40D9-9535-FFFA63C7BB9E.jpeg
B5E8A91C-4EE1-4C4B-A60E-4D49D328B662.jpeg
Been off the site for a bit. It has been 16 months since that first impact, I have mended well and been busy. Ruby 2 has remained stock and will do so until she is traded in this winter on my new Gladiator. She’s a good daily driver but the memories of the wreck were a little harder on my wife than me. She has nothing but good for the Jeep, just can’t love the color anymore. I get it and respect her for it. Since the wreck she has become quite the Jeep girl. She even has her own “Lil’ Sprout”. A 2018 2dr with the Hurricane turbo. Now a 2 jeep family.

5972905F-96F4-40BA-8676-CCDA84DBE42D.jpeg

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Been off the site for a bit. It has been 16 months since that first impact, I have mended well and been busy. Ruby 2 has remained stock and will do so until she is traded in this winter on my new Gladiator. She’s a good daily driver but the memories of the wreck were a little harder on my wife than me. She has nothing but good for the Jeep, just can’t love the color anymore. I get it and respect her for it. Since the wreck she has become quite the Jeep girl. She even has her own “Lil’ Sprout”. A 2018 2dr with the Hurricane turbo. Now a 2 jeep family.
Congrats on the recovery. On the 2-Jeep family! And on the Gladiator that is in your future!!! Best of luck to you and yours!

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
It sucks that it took all this, but glad you are doing well and have become a 2 Jeep family! I really like the 2 door Rubi.