Sponsored

Did your JL arrive within the original ETA?

RubiMom18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubcion
I'm trying to pass the time by coming up with statistical odds of whether my new Jeep will be here within the original ETA window. ;)

I've been in KZ since 3/7, unloaded from the rail car on 3/14, and just collecting dust in the rail yard for the past 5 days. My ETA at the dealer is 3/17-3/21.

I'm just curious for those of you lucky enough to have already gotten your new JL (after I'm sure an excruciatingly painful wait!), if the original ETA that you were given was reliable.

Happy Monday!
Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
snipe:
I'm just curious for those of you lucky enough to have already gotten your new JL (after I'm sure an excruciatingly painful wait!), if the original ETA that you were given was reliable.

Happy Monday!

No

kid.jpg

nota4re

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubi
My current situation is very similar. My order went in and flew through the system and got built, released, and onto a train to California. All of that was almost 3 weeks ago. Since arriving to the holding yard, it can't seem to find its way to the dealer. My ETA to the dealer slipped once already but now is identical to yours - 3/17 to 3/21. Kinda makes me wonder if Jeep is wanting to perform a software update or check something before releasing this batch to the dealerships.

OP
OP

RubiMom18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubcion
My current situation is very similar. My order went in and flew through the system and got built, released, and onto a train to California. All of that was almost 3 weeks ago. Since arriving to the holding yard, it can't seem to find its way to the dealer. My ETA to the dealer slipped once already but now is identical to yours - 3/17 to 3/21. Kinda makes me wonder if Jeep is wanting to perform a software update or check something before releasing this batch to the dealerships.
I'm about 90 minutes from the holding spot. It kills me knowing that it's just sitting there. I would be better off knowing nothing.

Once the vehicles leave the plant, why would software updates or anything else have anything to do with releasing to the dealerships? Just curious.

Sponsored

Blankman934

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge charger
I'm about 90 minutes from the holding spot. It kills me knowing that it's just sitting there. I would be better off knowing nothing.

Once the vehicles leave the plant, why would software updates or anything else have anything to do with releasing to the dealerships? Just curious.

I got to KZ on 3/2 with and esimated delivery from 3/24-3/28. As of this morning jeep has not left Toledo, and has an estimated delivery date of 4/8. I don't think im going to make my original window.

nota4re

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubi

I honestly don't know Jeep's practices but I have seen other manufacturers do this. That is, it is sometimes less expensive to have a specialized company go administer an update to vehicles when they are all batched together rather than to risk the dealers not performing the update and/or having to compensate each dealer to perform the update. It might be a software update to the ECU or imagine that they discovered that one of the robots had mis-torqued a suspension component. In these scenarios, it is much faster and less expensive to have that work done at a holding yard.

OP
OP

RubiMom18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubcion
I honestly don't know Jeep's practices but I have seen other manufacturers do this. That is, it is sometimes less expensive to have a specialized company go administer an update to vehicles when they are all batched together rather than to risk the dealers not performing the update and/or having to compensate each dealer to perform the update. It might be a software update to the ECU or imagine that they discovered that one of the robots had mis-torqued a suspension component. In these scenarios, it is much faster and less expensive to have that work done at a holding yard.
Ah! Makes total sense. Thanks for the info!

jtbolstad

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Placing order in January for Sahara JL - First time jeep owner
I ordered mine mid January and was told 8-12 weeks. Mid February I was told eta was 3/5 - 3/8. On Feb 27 I was told I could pick up the following day. My dealership actually had a sales rep drive to the track. Yard and pull it off the train, where if could have sat for 5 days! I’m very fortunate that I have it and have been driving it for a couple weeks. It’s well worth the painful wait.

jeepfandotcom

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepfan.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Grey JLUR 4xe, 2004 TJ, 1978 CJ-5
I'm trying to pass the time by coming up with statistical odds of whether my new Jeep will be here within the original ETA window. ;)

I've been in KZ since 3/7, unloaded from the rail car on 3/14, and just collecting dust in the rail yard for the past 5 days. My ETA at the dealer is 3/17-3/21.

Happy Monday!
I ordered on 2/10. They checked on it about 2 weeks ago and they said the estimated ship date was 3/5 but it was pushed off a week. Then an estimated arrival date was 3/17 to 3/21. It arrived today! So in all my order to arrival was reasonable. I ordered a Firecracker Rubicon with near all the trimmings. I waited 4 months for my 2007 so this is nothing. My 2012 and 2016 both came in about a month.

Sponsored

DudeJeeper

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Granite HardRock Rubicon.
I Ordered a Granite Crystal Rubi soft top 2/14 eta was 3/19-23 now it’s 3/23-27. Argh.

CMâ›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
Ordered 2/15
ETA 3/18-3/22
KZ on 3/7
Rail arrival 3/16
Dealer Delivered 3/19

OP
OP

RubiMom18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubcion
Ordered 2/15
ETA 3/18-3/22
KZ on 3/7
Rail arrival 3/16
Dealer Delivered 3/19
Lucky you! Congrats!!
I just got word from Jeep chat yesterday that my ETA is now 3/22 - 3/26 ... no doubt due to the stupid snow storm.

DeanAmoroso

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I Ordered a Granite Crystal Rubi soft top 2/14 eta was 3/19-23 now it’s 3/23-27. Argh.
I'd sign up for that right now. I ordered Granite JLUR w soft top on 2/24. If it gets here by mid April I'll be thrilled! Here is Rhode Island...though I ordered from Station Jeep in Mansfield Mass
Sponsored