Sponsored

Did your build to sticker time seem unusually long?

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
I'm curious. I've been tracking 2.0L builds and there are a handfull of them that the build sheet was found about a month before the Sticker was made. They sat for an unusually long time. Mine was in "inspection". I don't know if something was wrong with it or if it was simply waiting on an accessory that was back ordered. I know our membership on the forum is just a sampling of the total number of Jeeps built, but it seemed like the list of Jeep builds below all waited a long time. I was curious if any of these guys are still looking at the posts if they could compare their equipment with mine and see if there are similarities. Or perhaps your dealer of the factory told you what was the hold up.

I had a request 2 weeks ago and was told it was escalated to the factory. Said it would be 3 to 5 days for a response. Never got one

long build time JL orders.jpg

2019 Jeep JLR.jpg
Sponsored

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Inspection time is/was delayed due to a 500+ Jeep backlog. In my case the inspection failure was due to a simple part that took ten minutes to fix, but the queue made it take some time as you've noted above.

OP
OP
wvgasguy

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
Inspection time is/was delayed due to a 500+ Jeep backlog. In my case the inspection failure was due to a simple part that took ten minutes to fix, but the queue made it take some time as you've noted above.
When my build sheet showed up they actually told me it "passed" inspection. But that was as far as I ever got. I've asked my dealer to seek more info if possible. While I'm sure Jeep took care of what ever it was it left me with little confidence in their process.

Then again, I ordered a full month before you so I assume there were other things they were waiting for as well as a possible fix

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
When my build sheet showed up they actually told me it "passed" inspection. But that was as far as I ever got. I've asked my dealer to seek more info if possible. While I'm sure Jeep took care of what ever it was it left me with little confidence in their process.

Then again, I ordered a full month before you so I assume there were other things they were waiting for as well as a possible fix
If your Jeep was in "I" status, it had not passed inspection. Ask for the status code.

OP
OP
wvgasguy

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
If your Jeep was in "I" status, it had not passed inspection. Ask for the status code.
I have the sticker now (as of Dec 30). I was just curious if there were similarities in the Jeeps with delays

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
Ordered 10/25, picked up 12/31
Sponsored